GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa - Toronto Rumour

+20
shabbs
Vandelay
Nasty Nas
asq2
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Mojo
Cronie
BigRig
Sens4thecup
Snuh
PKC
rooneypoo
mattshock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From one of our trusted members, comes a rumour that Bryan Murray and Brian Burke have been chatting for a while now.

As of a few weeks ago, the deal was to be:

To Ottawa
Toskala
Kaberle

To Toronto
Gerber
Unknown Prospect
BOTH 1st rounders

If Murray has now decided against taking Toskala, maybe we don't have to give both 1sts (because really, that's too much).

As he said when he was telling us, this is just a rumour, take it for what it is.

2Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

both first rounders...Yikes.

I like Toskala, but that's too rich. Kaberle is good though and it wold mean Gerber be gone.....but what a price

3Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 am

Both firsts? No thanks. Auld is outplaying Toskala, and has earned the starting job. In a deep draft such as this one, I'm against almost any trade that gives up our pick, much less both.

4Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Worst possible timing for this trade. If we gave up 2 firsts, their 1st and a 2nd should come back. The consensus is that there is no market for goalies, no matter how good they are. Toskala should be considered nothing more than a salary dump for Toronto.

Talent aside, Gerber for Toskala is a wash because of the contracts and the weak goalie market. Toskala doesn't even have potential "flipping" value.

5Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:35 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I still think Toskala is a really good goalie, but this deal is just not fair. Kaberle is a great player at a great price for a few more years though.

Kaberle would improve our defence, and Auld is playing well enough to not make any changes in the goaltending department.

Two firsts is a deal breaker. With those two firts we could end up with two fantastic prospetcs, even ones that could step in and make an impact next year. Guys like Duchene, Hedman, Tavares, Svensson-Paajarvi, Schenn, etc.

Burke's likely trying to land a top 5 draft pick to make sure he gets Schenn. I'm willing to bet he would make a huge deal just to do so. Likely he wants both Tavares and Schenn.

Also, it should be noted that Eklund is now starting the Toskala to OTT rumours as well as Murphy to OTT (and possibly MTL)

6Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we just have Kaberle for Blank and a 1st?

7Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since these discussions were started a few weeks ago I could see why Toskala would be mentioned. Seeing how Auld has played over the last few weeks I would say this deal is off the table as stated. Toskala would have to be removed and OUR first definitely needs to be taken out as well.

- Unknown Author

8Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:46 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

With the way BM is drafting 2nd and 3rd rounds, NO WAY.

9Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 am

marakh wrote:With the way BM is drafting 2nd and 3rd rounds, NO WAY.

Is that avatar the Coldplay lead singer? On a semi-related note, does anyone know how to block avatars from being shown?

10Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:06 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
marakh wrote:With the way BM is drafting 2nd and 3rd rounds, NO WAY.

Is that avatar the Coldplay lead singer? On a semi-related note, does anyone know how to block avatars from being shown?

Yep, Chris Martin it is.

11Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There's one player Burke wants, and you know who that is.... Ill give you a hint, he was our 2008 1st round pick.

12Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:26 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I do not consider this trade for a second. *click

13Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Kaberle I'd be very interested in, and willing to part with SJS's first for him, plus a less significant piece, if needed, in the form of a middling prospect or a forward not named Vermette. I get the sense that, if he's moved, Kaberle is going to be less expensive than Bouwmeester.

Toskala I don't trust. If I'm giving up both 1st rounders, I want assurance, and he doesn't offer me that. Taking Gerber off our hands would be nice, but I really can't see anyone doing that favour for us. Can you imagine the crowd reaction at the ACC if Gerber were introduced as the team's new number 1? Yikes.

14Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Interesting question...

Would you do Kaberle for Karlsson straight up?

I think I would. Although I love Karlsson's attitude and skillset.

15Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:There's one player Burke wants, and you know who that is.... Ill give you a hint, he was our 2008 1st round pick.

Dial tone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum