GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa - Toronto Rumour

+20
shabbs
Vandelay
Nasty Nas
asq2
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Mojo
Cronie
BigRig
Sens4thecup
Snuh
PKC
rooneypoo
mattshock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Kaberle I'd be very interested in, and willing to part with SJS's first for him, plus a less significant piece, if needed, in the form of a middling prospect or a forward not named Vermette. I get the sense that, if he's moved, Kaberle is going to be less expensive than Bouwmeester.

Toskala I don't trust. If I'm giving up both 1st rounders, I want assurance, and he doesn't offer me that. Taking Gerber off our hands would be nice, but I really can't see anyone doing that favour for us. Can you imagine the crowd reaction at the ACC if Gerber were introduced as the team's new number 1? Yikes.

17Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Interesting question...

Would you do Kaberle for Karlsson straight up?

I think I would. Although I love Karlsson's attitude and skillset.

18Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:There's one player Burke wants, and you know who that is.... Ill give you a hint, he was our 2008 1st round pick.

Dial tone.

19Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:46 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And right on cue, Ek has a Toskala to Ottawa rumor.

20Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

may be one of us is EK hahaha.

21Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:And right on cue, Ek has a Toskala to Ottawa rumor.

I like his Cory Murphy rumour.

22Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

"I don't agree with his Bart-killing policy, but I do approve of his Selma- killing policy"

23Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

McGuire had a take on Havlat last week about returning to Ottawa. Havlat could be had at a relatively cheap price and could instantly improve team speed as well as add secondary scoring. The only downfall would be his mamoth contract. Thoughts?

24Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:McGuire had a take on Havlat last week about returning to Ottawa. Havlat could be had at a relatively cheap price and could instantly improve team speed as well as add secondary scoring. The only downfall would be his mamoth contract. Thoughts?

At least we know what we are getting. When healthy, Havlat is one of the most talented players in the game.

His contract runs out at the end of this year too, so we wouldn't be hancuffed.

25Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

They'd get better value for him at the trade deadline to a contender methinks.

26Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:58 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Sens4thecup wrote:McGuire had a take on Havlat last week about returning to Ottawa. Havlat could be had at a relatively cheap price and could instantly improve team speed as well as add secondary scoring. The only downfall would be his mamoth contract. Thoughts?

I was actually thinking about that the other day..I say DO IT. He would be great to see back here. ESPECIALLY in a contract year... 8)

27Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

BigRig77 wrote:

I was actually thinking about that the other day..I say DO IT. He would be great to see back here. ESPECIALLY in a contract year... 8)

We don't have anything close to the cap space needed. At least Gerber and Vermette/Kelly would have to be going the other way.

28Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes. Do it. He's not a 'winner', but he has immense talent and an instant chemistry with some of the guys here. Problem is, I'm sure Murray wants one of Ohlund, Kaberle or Bouwmeester - and that would be a problem.

Unless...Khabby is hurt BAD, then Gerber goes the other way.

Havlat's got more goals than Alfie, it wouldn't hurt the offense, that's for sure.

I can see Montreal getting him though.

29Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clutch and I called him out in his thread...

I'm still waiting to see if I've been banished!!

30Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I said that in chat. Right on cue from yesterday when everyone was discussing it. Interesting coincidence?

31Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:

Clutch and I called him out in his thread...

I'm still waiting to see if I've been banished!!

Oh you will be, but could you possible care less? I don't even remember my password there anymore. :D

32Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nope, couldn't care in the least. My family is HERE...

HA! Like there was EVER any doubt. Wink

No word on Avery yet?

33Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:15 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

At least the rumor has legs though...out of all of that. Some people are still a bit tepid about a possible trade between Ottawa and Toronto. But it's honestly not that far off. The circumstances surrounding both teams are completely different from where they used to be pre-lockout.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum