GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa - Toronto Rumour

+20
shabbs
Vandelay
Nasty Nas
asq2
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Mojo
Cronie
BigRig
Sens4thecup
Snuh
PKC
rooneypoo
mattshock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
asq2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Kaberle I'd be very interested in, and willing to part with SJS's first for him, plus a less significant piece, if needed, in the form of a middling prospect or a forward not named Vermette. I get the sense that, if he's moved, Kaberle is going to be less expensive than Bouwmeester.

Toskala I don't trust. If I'm giving up both 1st rounders, I want assurance, and he doesn't offer me that. Taking Gerber off our hands would be nice, but I really can't see anyone doing that favour for us. Can you imagine the crowd reaction at the ACC if Gerber were introduced as the team's new number 1? Yikes.

Kaberle has a great contract.

Bouwmeester's still largely unproven offensively, whereas Kaberle has nearly hit the 70 point mark already in his career and still has a few years ahead of him.

Agreed. Toskala. No thanks, but I'd welcome Kaberle with open arms. In addition to the skill he brings that contract is so sexy.

He'd also probably be extremely beneficial for Karlsson's development.

But I have trouble believing this for two reasons:

1) He'd cost an arm and a leg, especially for a division rival. More than what's being discussed

2) Burke isn't going to make a deal this soon. He's stated he wants to evaluate first. I doubt it's been long enough.

Of course he's been a shoo-in for the job for weeks. He probably has already had a good long look. When he decides to start making moves remains to be seen, but he doesn't strike me as the patient type. Nor do I think he has any qualms about trading in the division. It may cost more, but I think he'd go for a deal from us if it made sense.

47Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Nasty Nas

Rookie
Rookie

ughhhhh why even post Ek's garbage here. Maybe posting a
discussion of whether Toskala would be a fit in Ottawa would be good
but Ek just blows smoke, we all know that.

48Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:29 am

Nasty Nas wrote:ughhhhh why even post Ek's garbage here. Maybe posting a
discussion of whether Toskala would be a fit in Ottawa would be good
but Ek just blows smoke, we all know that.

This rumour was actually posted first by a member here yesterday. Ek posted it this morning, and a few guys from here went to HB and gave him the gears. Puking2

49Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:33 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:I don't like any part of this proposed Ottawa Toronto rumour. I don't see how it makes any sense from Ottawa's point of view. Auld has been their best and most consistent player this year. For once, we don't need to pick up a goalie. As for using our 1st rounders, there would have to be something more significant than Kaberle coming back. No offence to him, but this draft is way too deep to use it on Kaberle. And Kaberle for Karlsson is even worse.

Think of it this way though. The additions of Kaberle and Toskala coupled with the departure of Gerber take us from a non-playoff team, to possibly one of the better teams in the Eastern conference. And we're holding on to San Jose's first round pick, and as much as I don't expect them to win 65+ games this year, there just seems to be no way that that pick is going to be any higher than a bottom 5 first round pick.

Essentially, we'd be trading Gerber (who gives a Dung), a prospect (here's where it might get dicey) and two late-first round picks for Kaberle and Toskala.

Those two would solve so many problems for us. Kaberle would give us that defenseman at a very, very sexy cap hit. Toskala could easily spell Auld for half of the remaining games this year, because face it: Auld isn't going to play 65+ games this year. He needs someone to play with him.

I have yet to see anything this year that would suggest our pick will be late in the 1st round. Who knows, if we do end up tanking this year, we could end up with a top 10 pick and a very late pick. These two could be used to trade up and maybe swing a top pick. Or Murray could just use his drafting magic and get us a couple of solid prospects. I also really don't like the idea of trading with a divisional rival, especially when it is one of our prospects going there for the their current talent. Those are the moves that come back to haunt years down the road.

50Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:09 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I really think it's a mute point anyway. Toronto is not going to make that trade. Toskala and Kaberle are basically the only two players that make sense to hang onto. They can't just expect to put Pogge into the starting role and Joseph can't handle it. Kaberle is excellent for his salary. I guess if they did get both of our first rounders, it might be something but I really hope Murray won't do that. Not yet.

51Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kaberle and Toskala had HORRIBLE games last night in Phoenix. Yikes.

52Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Kaberle and Toskala had HORRIBLE games last night in Phoenix. Yikes.

Playing to be traded?

53Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:08 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've often wondered if a change of scenery would help Kaberle...
As for Toskala, I want NO part of him. Auld is awesome and I think he's now KNOWS he's #1 and now he has a chance to grow and has a home...

54Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:17 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Kaberle would be a nice addition for sure...but at what cost...

and...would TO actually trade within the division...probably not...

55Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:18 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

normally I'd agree Collar, but Brian Burke (in my view) isn't the brightest bulb...

56Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:26 am

COLLAR UP wrote:Kaberle would be a nice addition for sure...but at what cost...

Karberle has been decent. He needs a guy on the PP with a big shot like McCabe had though to be at his best. I am not sure we have that guy. We have guys who can shoot hard and we have guys who can shoot accurately but not both at least not on the blueline.

If I was Edmonton I would be making a pitch for Kaberle. Put him with Souray and their PP would be golden.

57Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:16 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:Kaberle would be a nice addition for sure...but at what cost...

Karberle has been decent. He needs a guy on the PP with a big shot like McCabe had though to be at his best. I am not sure we have that guy. We have guys who can shoot hard and we have guys who can shoot accurately but not both at least not on the blueline.

If I was Edmonton I would be making a pitch for Kaberle. Put him with Souray and their PP would be golden.

he def. beneifts from having a guy with a shot on the point...as would any team...

but...he also brings other tangibles that are needed badly by the sens...the ability to make those passes out of the zone which will allow the forwards to use their speed...this has been a huge problem for the sens...

Kaberle also isn't afraid to skate the puck out...has great speed...so again would help us get the O going...

it would be an added bonus IMO...if we had a booming point shot...but he brings so much else it isn't necessary...

58Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:17 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That guy on the point could be a Mike Fisher or a Dany Heatley.

59Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:20 am

PKC wrote:That guy on the point could be a Mike Fisher or a Dany Heatley.

Fisher I could see, but I'd have nightmares about speedy forwards outchasing Heatley for pucks that got by him. At least Fisher has more speed and defensive awareness. Besides, if Heatley is on the point, Spezza won't have him to complete the backdoor cross crease pass that works 3% of the time.

60Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:36 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:

EDM already has Visnovski and Gilbert (who, it seems, is grossly underrated) to pair up with Souray. They really don't need any more offensive Ds.

Kaberle would be a great add for us. He's pretty much just what we need, and at a good salary price. If something like SJS's 1st and Lee would get it done, I'd do it. I'm just not sure if that would be enough, or if they'd really want another D coming back.

61Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:36 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Or you could always put a Kuba or an Alfredsson or a Schubert (if he ever plays). Audition roles for God sake. Anything to get Chris Phillips off of the second unit PP.

62Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:38 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

EDM already has Visnovski and Gilbert (who, it seems, is grossly underrated) to pair up with Souray. They really don't need any more offensive Ds.

Kaberle would be a great add for us. He's pretty much just what we need, and at a good salary price. If something like SJS's 1st and Lee would get it done, I'd do it. I'm just not sure if that would be enough, or if they'd really want another D coming back.

Now that we've mentioned Souray, has anyone seen his stats this year? He is tearing Dung up.

23 GP, 8 G, 12 A, 8 PPP

Last edited by PKC on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

63Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:38 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Or you could always put a Kuba or an Alfredsson or a Schubert (if he ever plays). Audition roles for God sake. Anything to get Chris Phillips off of the second unit PP.

That problem has been solved. We just need a healthy line up again to put it back in place:

1st PP D pairing: Kuba - Fisher
2nd PP D paring: Bell - Picard

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum