GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa - Toronto Rumour

+20
shabbs
Vandelay
Nasty Nas
asq2
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Mojo
Cronie
BigRig
Sens4thecup
Snuh
PKC
rooneypoo
mattshock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
PKC wrote:And right on cue, Ek has a Toskala to Ottawa rumor.

Clutch and I called him out in his thread...

I'm still waiting to see if I've been banished!!

Oh you will be, but could you possible care less? I don't even remember my password there anymore. :D

32Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nope, couldn't care in the least. My family is HERE...

HA! Like there was EVER any doubt. Wink

No word on Avery yet?

33Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:15 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

At least the rumor has legs though...out of all of that. Some people are still a bit tepid about a possible trade between Ottawa and Toronto. But it's honestly not that far off. The circumstances surrounding both teams are completely different from where they used to be pre-lockout.

34Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you're right Colonel KFC, there's probably some legs to this.

35Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I don't like any part of this proposed Ottawa Toronto rumour. I don't see how it makes any sense from Ottawa's point of view. Auld has been their best and most consistent player this year. For once, we don't need to pick up a goalie. As for using our 1st rounders, there would have to be something more significant than Kaberle coming back. No offence to him, but this draft is way too deep to use it on Kaberle. And Kaberle for Karlsson is even worse.

36Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

mojo1016 wrote:I don't like any part of this proposed Ottawa Toronto rumour. I don't see how it makes any sense from Ottawa's point of view. Auld has been their best and most consistent player this year. For once, we don't need to pick up a goalie. As for using our 1st rounders, there would have to be something more significant than Kaberle coming back. No offence to him, but this draft is way too deep to use it on Kaberle. And Kaberle for Karlsson is even worse.

Think of it this way though. The additions of Kaberle and Toskala coupled with the departure of Gerber take us from a non-playoff team, to possibly one of the better teams in the Eastern conference. And we're holding on to San Jose's first round pick, and as much as I don't expect them to win 65+ games this year, there just seems to be no way that that pick is going to be any higher than a bottom 5 first round pick.

Essentially, we'd be trading Gerber (who gives a Dung), a prospect (here's where it might get dicey) and two late-first round picks for Kaberle and Toskala.

Those two would solve so many problems for us. Kaberle would give us that defenseman at a very, very sexy cap hit. Toskala could easily spell Auld for half of the remaining games this year, because face it: Auld isn't going to play 65+ games this year. He needs someone to play with him.

37Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:53 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

No to this deal, unless Elliot truly is not an NHL prospect.

38Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:No to this deal, unless Elliot truly is not an NHL prospect.

From what I've heard, Elliott is still another year away (this year + next).

39Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sens4thecup wrote:McGuire had a take on Havlat last week about returning to Ottawa. Havlat could be had at a relatively cheap price and could instantly improve team speed as well as add secondary scoring. The only downfall would be his mamoth contract. Thoughts?

I don't know about that. He's doing really well in Chicago...and they have the space to keep him...would you trade him if he was doing well and they had room?

I wouldn't mind having him back, but the guy is made of glass and since he hasn't really been hurt too much this year, he's due to go down for the rest of the season. With our luck, he'd get hurt his first game here.

Pass.

40Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!! For a thousand reasons, NO!!

First of all, why would the leafs trade Toskala?? They don't have a capable backup right now, and do you want Joseph and Gerber as your tandem?? They'd need compensation for A) taking Gerber and B) giving Toskala. Kaberle is arguably their hottest comodity, and I don't even like the guy!!

That "prospect" would probably be the one asq mentioned earlier.

I'm not a huge fan of Toskala, and I don't think Kaberle is anything special. Why would we give up two 1sts and a top prospect to take one step forwards and four steps back??

NO TO THIS TRADE!!

Ok, rant over. I'm just pissed because my ride has to work late and I'll be stuck here even later than scheduled.

41Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Kaberle I'd be very interested in, and willing to part with SJS's first for him, plus a less significant piece, if needed, in the form of a middling prospect or a forward not named Vermette. I get the sense that, if he's moved, Kaberle is going to be less expensive than Bouwmeester.

Toskala I don't trust. If I'm giving up both 1st rounders, I want assurance, and he doesn't offer me that. Taking Gerber off our hands would be nice, but I really can't see anyone doing that favour for us. Can you imagine the crowd reaction at the ACC if Gerber were introduced as the team's new number 1? Yikes.

Kaberle has a great contract.

Bouwmeester's still largely unproven offensively, whereas Kaberle has nearly hit the 70 point mark already in his career and still has a few years ahead of him.

42Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:53 pm

asq2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Kaberle I'd be very interested in, and willing to part with SJS's first for him, plus a less significant piece, if needed, in the form of a middling prospect or a forward not named Vermette. I get the sense that, if he's moved, Kaberle is going to be less expensive than Bouwmeester.

Toskala I don't trust. If I'm giving up both 1st rounders, I want assurance, and he doesn't offer me that. Taking Gerber off our hands would be nice, but I really can't see anyone doing that favour for us. Can you imagine the crowd reaction at the ACC if Gerber were introduced as the team's new number 1? Yikes.

Bouwmeester's still largely unproven offensively, whereas Kaberle has nearly hit the 70 point mark already in his career and still has a few years ahead of him.

Agreed. Toskala. No thanks, but I'd welcome Kaberle with open arms. In addition to the skill he brings that contract is so sexy.

43Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me want Kaberle - maybe more than Bouwmeester. If I need to take Toskala, I'll flip him for a 1st at the deadline (or not which would suck, but...)

44Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:10 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:
Sens4thecup wrote:McGuire had a take on Havlat last week about returning to Ottawa. Havlat could be had at a relatively cheap price and could instantly improve team speed as well as add secondary scoring. The only downfall would be his mamoth contract. Thoughts?

I was actually thinking about that the other day..I say DO IT. He would be great to see back here. ESPECIALLY in a contract year... 8)

We don't have anything close to the cap space needed. At least Gerber and Vermette/Kelly would have to be going the other way.

Sorry, I'm thinking of doing all this at the trade deadline, then we'd have plenty O' room

45Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Agreed. Toskala. No thanks, but I'd welcome Kaberle with open arms. In addition to the skill he brings that contract is so sexy.

He'd also probably be extremely beneficial for Karlsson's development.

But I have trouble believing this for two reasons:

1) He'd cost an arm and a leg, especially for a division rival. More than what's being discussed

2) Burke isn't going to make a deal this soon. He's stated he wants to evaluate first. I doubt it's been long enough.

46Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

He'd also probably be extremely beneficial for Karlsson's development.

But I have trouble believing this for two reasons:

1) He'd cost an arm and a leg, especially for a division rival. More than what's being discussed

2) Burke isn't going to make a deal this soon. He's stated he wants to evaluate first. I doubt it's been long enough.

Of course he's been a shoo-in for the job for weeks. He probably has already had a good long look. When he decides to start making moves remains to be seen, but he doesn't strike me as the patient type. Nor do I think he has any qualms about trading in the division. It may cost more, but I think he'd go for a deal from us if it made sense.

47Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

ughhhhh why even post Ek's garbage here. Maybe posting a
discussion of whether Toskala would be a fit in Ottawa would be good
but Ek just blows smoke, we all know that.

48Ottawa - Toronto Rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa - Toronto Rumour Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:29 am

Nasty Nas wrote:ughhhhh why even post Ek's garbage here. Maybe posting a
discussion of whether Toskala would be a fit in Ottawa would be good
but Ek just blows smoke, we all know that.

This rumour was actually posted first by a member here yesterday. Ek posted it this morning, and a few guys from here went to HB and gave him the gears. Puking2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum