GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Is it just me or is Stutzle playing more aggressively now? I'm talking about initiating contact.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wonder if JBD will get to play on this call-up. Tough to change a winning lineup.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm thinking against Philly (1st game of a back-to-back) give one of the other D a rest before facing Boston.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like JBD found his opening. Zaitsev seen with a transport boot and crutches. Not knee related - likely ankle

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Is it just me or is Stutzle playing more aggressively now?  I'm talking about initiating contact.

I noticed that as well...I think it has to do with his shift to centre...and his confidence is likely growing as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Right about now I think it’s best for Maurice to step away from the game and recharge himself but if he ever wants to coach in the NHL again, I’d be fine with the sens taking a run at him. That’s a coach that knows tough markets with constraints.

Definitely would be one of the names at the top of my list

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They're going to have to bring Thomson back up.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They're going to have to bring Thomson back up.

Why

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:They're going to have to bring Thomson back up.

Why

Gotta have 7D on the roster.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, crap, no game today Sad

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t see how all these missed games don’t push wind up pushing the season to go on longer. Wonder what that does to local broadcasting partners outside of sports broadcasting channels.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I can’t see how all these missed games don’t push wind up pushing the season to go on longer. Wonder what that does to local broadcasting partners outside of sports broadcasting channels.

Well they're not going to go to the Olympics, so they'll have those extra two weeks for make-up games, and then I imagine the end of the regular season gets bumped back a bit.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just would like to put out there that the Sens got off to a good start to the season and then injuries immediately derailed it, and then COVID further derailed it. We finally got back on track and were killing it, and now COVID has derailed it again.

Anyway, the future is super bright as long as Melnyk doesn't waste this all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's talk of a league-wide shutdown as early as tomorrow. But they would probably only shut it down for the holiday break.

Stevie Y asking the tough questions -- why are we bothering testing those without symptoms? If you and everyone else are vaccinated, even if you are infected can you (as an asymptomatic carrier) even produce enough viral load to infect another vaccinated player to the point of them showing symptoms? Very unlikely (according to everyone in the health industry -- those vaccines are 94% effective, after all).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:There's talk of a league-wide shutdown as early as tomorrow.  But they would probably only shut it down for the holiday break.

Stevie Y asking the tough questions -- why are we bothering testing those without symptoms? If you and everyone else are vaccinated, even if you are infected can you (as an asymptomatic carrier) even produce enough viral load to infect another vaccinated player to the point of them showing symptoms?  Very unlikely (according to everyone in the health industry -- those vaccines are 94% effective, after all).

Not doubting your data or anything but where are you getting that information? It’s a discussion I hear some people having these days but I’d really like to see some Scientific articles that back the claims about the viral loads.

I’m seriously interested.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Once again, I recommend you get your COVID information from somewhere other than a hockey message board.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stevie Y is definitely in the right. No reason these guys shouldn’t be playing if they have no symptoms.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:There's talk of a league-wide shutdown as early as tomorrow.  But they would probably only shut it down for the holiday break.

Stevie Y asking the tough questions -- why are we bothering testing those without symptoms? If you and everyone else are vaccinated, even if you are infected can you (as an asymptomatic carrier) even produce enough viral load to infect another vaccinated player to the point of them showing symptoms?  Very unlikely (according to everyone in the health industry -- those vaccines are 94% effective, after all).

Not doubting your data or anything but where are you getting that information? It’s a discussion I hear some people having these days but I’d really like to see some Scientific articles that back the claims about the viral loads.

I’m seriously interested.

Here's one which disputes my claim:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2769235

But this is a study of 303 individuals. That's tiny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum