GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wait. Could this be related to Team Sweden goaltenders?  The projected top 3 were Markstrom, Lehner and Ullmark. Lehner has dropped out and the next one on the list is Forsberg (both according to wins and SV%).  And after Forsberg it's Gus.  So it's very possible that one of the three (Sogaard, Gus, Forsberg) could be heading to Team Sweden camp.

If they were smart, they'd take Gus for the experience.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wait. Could this be related to Team Sweden goaltenders?  The projected top 3 were Markstrom, Lehner and Ullmark. Lehner has dropped out and the next one on the list is Forsberg (both according to wins and SV%).  And after Forsberg it's Gus.  So it's very possible that one of the three (Sogaard, Gus, Forsberg) could be heading to Team Sweden camp.

Sogaard is Danish

Also why would Mandolese being called up today affect any olympic stuff? That’s in February.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Mandolese was called up to Belleville. Is one of the goalies injured or is Murray not staying down there 6 weeks?

I was wondering the same. Maybe Sogaard is hurt? Or maybe Murray is hurt? Makes zero sense to me. Unless it's a COVID related move..

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

Sogaard is Danish

Also why would Mandolese being called up today affect  any olympic stuff? That’s in February.

I keep forgetting that.

And you're right, February is still way too far off for any sort of camp. Other than that my logic was sound Sarcasm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

MDZ placed on waivers.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-michael-del-zotto-on-waivers-1.1733120

I'd rather have him out there than Mete.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think someone claims him. He's making virtually nothing and teams will give up draft capital at the deadline for an expiring contract. May as well pick him up for free and see what happens.

I see Detroit as a good fit. Maybe even Montreal if they plan on tearing it down at the deadline and need bodies

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t see someone picking him up. It’s that extra year. But I hope someone does.

The difference with Mete is that a team might give a lower pick for him at the deadline as insurance

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man montreal sure is ripe for the pickings.
They have a few players I wouldn’t mind on my team for the right price.

Petry would look nice playing with chabot. Or savard on the second pairing.

Anderson would look great on the right side of the second line.

I just don’t want us to give away any 1st rounder. Luckily teams don’t have much of an appetite for players with terms right now. Maybe a 2nd rounder and a prospect would do it for one of those guys. Or maybe for anderson you add a top 5 protected first for next year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we make a move, just make it for a good defencemen, that's all I ask.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that’s was surprising ans fun!
Nice to see Nick Paul get back on the scoreboard.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Well that’s was surprising ans fun!

Paul is playing where he should be - in the bottom six. Too much pressure and too much ice time for his skillset on the second line especially at center. C. Brown had a nice game but I'd still prefer he be our 3RW down the road if our depth allows it in the future.

Pretty awesome game. Seems like they found a good balance with Chabot playing around 20 minutes. I thought both Zaitsev and Holden were excellent, and Zub was great too. Heatherington and Mete aren't hurting us either. Maybe JBD doesn't see a game during his call-up? Anyway, two games without MDZ against two of the best teams in the league and only two goals against. I'm sure MDZ's stock is looking pretty bad league-wide right now. And it's pretty clear to me that J. Brown's time in Ottawa is done after this year. The future of Ottawa's D looking pretty good all of a sudden? Insert Sanderson, JBD, and Thomson...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watching Brady dive to draw the 5-on-3 late in the third was the cherry on top of that delicious sundae. Things are looking up!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Well that’s was surprising ans fun!

Paul is playing where he should be - in the bottom six. Too much pressure and too much ice time for his skillset on the second line especially at center. C. Brown had a nice game but I'd still prefer he be our 3RW down the road if our depth allows it in the future.

Pretty awesome game. Seems like they found a good balance with Chabot playing around 20 minutes. I thought both Zaitsev and Holden were excellent, and Zub was great too. Heatherington and Mete aren't hurting us either. Maybe JBD doesn't see a game during his call-up? Anyway, two games without MDZ against two of the best teams in the league and only two goals against. I'm sure MDZ's stock is looking pretty bad league-wide right now. And it's pretty clear to me that J. Brown's time in Ottawa is done after this year. The future of Ottawa's D looking pretty good all of a sudden? Insert Sanderson, JBD, and Thomson...
Josh Brown’s time in Ottawa was over when he started playing for this team. Terrible trade.

I think we can all agree that C. brown would best be suited for the 3rd line. Stutzle needs a better winger. Even with formenton playing the second line and matching well speed wise, I doubt he’s of adequate talent for stutzle. But let’s at least find a decent RW.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The d was always set for the future, it just takes time. Sanderson and Chabot are locked in as 1st and 2nd pair LD for years to come. Zub at least will be here one more year, then you have JBD, Thomson, and maybe Holden is re-signed to be the third pair LD with one of those rookies. Kleven will make noise in a few years.

Stuetzle looks much better as a c now, he’s actually shooting the puck and not dangling everybody for no reason.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The d was always set for the future, it just takes time. Sanderson and Chabot are locked in as 1st and 2nd pair LD for years to come. Zub at least will be here one more year, then you have JBD, Thomson, and maybe Holden is re-signed to be the third pair LD with one of those rookies. Kleven will make noise in a few years.

Stuetzle looks much better as a c now, he’s actually shooting the puck and not dangling everybody for no reason.

I agree. Stützle looks to be better at C.
Makes use of his creativity more and wasn’t effective much against the boards on the wing.
They’ll be ups and down for sure but IMO he might wind up being that number 1C going forward in a few years.
Maybe Pinto can play the wing?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is it just me or is Stutzle playing more aggressively now? I'm talking about initiating contact.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wonder if JBD will get to play on this call-up. Tough to change a winning lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm thinking against Philly (1st game of a back-to-back) give one of the other D a rest before facing Boston.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum