GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brannstrom has been recalled. Does Zaitsev (who is banged up) come out or will they sit out Brown?
It’s about time. Something tells me this is more of a showcase than an actual shot at making the team for good.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Brannstrom has been recalled. Does Zaitsev (who is banged up) come out or will they sit out Brown?
It’s about time. Something tells me this is more of a showcase than an actual shot at making the team for good.

See post above

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The call-up is definitely COVID related but it could also be a showcase and/or an opportunity. Even with Holden on the COVID list they still have six healthy d-men in Ottawa. I hope he gets an opportunity to play and makes the most of it. Pair him with Zub and give him some PP2 time.

I still think Ottawa needs to move him + if they want to be competitive and get something of value for him. You can teach him positioning, how to get his shots through, etc but his size will always be a detriment.

I am not sure the fan base will rally around a team missing the playoffs for another year especially if their prized Stone acquisition is traded for another Sanford.

Dorion likes his trades - he's hoping he has something (Chychrun or LA center) up his sleeve.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can’t wait for these COVID rules to go away next year. Some of them make no sense.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The call-up is definitely COVID related but it could also be a showcase and/or an opportunity. Even with Holden on the COVID list they still have six healthy d-men in Ottawa. I hope he gets an opportunity to play and makes the most of it. Pair him with Zub and give him some PP2 time.

I still think Ottawa needs to move him + if they want to be competitive and get something of value for him. You can teach him positioning, how to get his shots through, etc but his size will always be a detriment.

I am not sure the fan base will rally around a team missing the playoffs for another year especially if their prized Stone acquisition is traded for another Sanford.

Dorion likes his trades - he's hoping he has something (Chychrun or LA center) up his sleeve.

I thought someone was banged up, and Zaitsev is not 100%. A total of 5 (including Capuano) are now in Covid Protocol. Sokolov and Sabourin have been recalled. This could snowball.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Can’t wait for these COVID rules to go away next year. Some of them make no sense.

Which ones? I've got a few that grind my gears but which of the NHL rules make no sense? If players/coaches are symptomatic you remove them from gen pop until they are cleared. That makes perfect sense to me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Can’t wait for these COVID rules to go away next year. Some of them make no sense.

Which ones?  I've got a few that grind my gears but which of the NHL rules make no sense?  If players/coaches are symptomatic you remove them from gen pop until they are cleared.  That makes perfect sense to me.  

The coach said today that Connor Brown and Dylan Gambrell have not tested positive but are staying home as a precaution. If this is some sort of NHL rule, that makes no sense. I assume it might be because they sit next to Holden or something, but that still doesn't make much sense. If they have some symptoms and are not positive, then they should play (if they are feeling well).

Also coaches wearing masks on the bench is so pointless.

Edit: apparently results take 24 hours, so I can see why there would be precautions being taken. 24 hours is way too long though.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey, the upside of the Sens' COVID outbreak is that Brannstrom is up so everyone can stop whining about that!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Which ones?  I've got a few that grind my gears but which of the NHL rules make no sense?  If players/coaches are symptomatic you remove them from gen pop until they are cleared.  That makes perfect sense to me.  

The coach said today that Connor Brown and Dylan Gambrell have not tested positive but are staying home as a precaution. If this is some sort of NHL rule, that makes no sense. I assume it might be because they sit next to Holden or something, but that still doesn't make much sense. If they have some symptoms and are not positive, then they should play (if they are feeling well).

Also coaches wearing masks on the bench is so pointless.

Edit: apparently results take 24 hours, so I can see why there would be precautions being taken. 24 hours is way too long though.

This is the issue with travel to and from the States. They've played Tampa, Dallas, Chicago, and Vegas over the last ten or so days which have been COVID hot spots throughout the pandemic. We are also in the middle of cold/flu season so everyone is being extra cautious. If they test negative and are feeling better tomorrow I am sure they'll be in the lineup.

But like Tim said, we get to see Brannstrom and I hope he takes full advantage of this opportunity.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Coaches wearing masks on the bench and frequently pulling them down (because, presumably, they failed highschool physics) is stupid. I'll give you that. But GM wearing a mask in the 4th level suite is even more stupid. But since they are all on TV this is a PR move.

Even if asymptomatic and even when testing negative you can still be infectious. I think they group players together in some ways, limiting interaction between the groups. So if Brown was in Holden's group and Holden tested positive I think it's fair to put Brown on hold for a couple of days to see if he still tests negative and remains symptom-free. It's not going to 100% stop anything but it certainly reduces the potential spread.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The call-up is definitely COVID related but it could also be a showcase and/or an opportunity. Even with Holden on the COVID list they still have six healthy d-men in Ottawa. I hope he gets an opportunity to play and makes the most of it. Pair him with Zub and give him some PP2 time.

Tell that to Samuel Girard.

Besides, the sens could play him on the right and pair him down the road with Sanderson.

I continue to be.I’ve this is another case of prospect mishandling and he’ll flourish once he’s out of the org.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Besides, the sens could play him on the right and pair him down the road with Sanderson.

I continue to be.I’ve this is another case of prospect mishandling and he’ll flourish once he’s out of the org.

Yeah just like Logan Brown!!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah just like Logan Brown!!

You must be right. Because Logan brown didn’t pan out, another prospect won’t also. Facepalm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Don't get me started on poor asset management!

The Brown and Brannstrom situations are very similar. Both are two highly touted mid first rd draft picks who aren't given a chance and also haven't necessarily proven they deserve a chance in the NHL. Both excellent in the AHL and are struggling to make the jump to the NHL. There are definitely a lot of parallels.

Logan Brown has 6 points in 10 games this year. More importantly he's played in all 10 games for St. Louis' minor team this year. That's a good sign for him

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Don't get me started on poor asset management!

The Brown and Brannstrom situations are very similar. Both are two highly touted mid first rd draft picks who aren't given a chance and also haven't necessarily proven they deserve a chance in the NHL. Both excellent in the AHL and are struggling to make the jump to the NHL. There are definitely a lot of parallels.

Logan Brown has 6 points in 10 games this year. More importantly he's played in all 10 games for St. Louis' minor team this year. That's a good sign for him

We know he can play in the AHL. That's not the issue.

Other than Zibanejad, the amount of "failed/underwhelming" prospects who flourish elsewhere is non-existent.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Right. So then drafting and development are the issues.

By the way - today's practice lines are yeesh. Our depth is really being challenged this year. On the plus side, Brann is paired with Zub!

Any news on when Pinto will be back in the lineup? I thought it would be by now for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mete added to the Covid Protocol list.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess it's not a good time to trade that 1st just yet. might wind up with a better draft pick than last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum