GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Brannstrom looked so good last night. If the organization sends him down in favour of MDZ I think there will be an uprising.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Jimmy looked really good too. And Batherson... he may score 25-30 this year. I suspect they'll keep the top-line as-is for now.

And Pinto... he continues to dominate. I'd like to see him with Formenton and Ennis on the wings. I doubt it happens but the speed and two-way prowess of that line would be something else. I'd be happy with Paul on the left too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brannstrom looked so good last night. If the organization sends him down in favour of MDZ I think there will be an uprising.

i think worst case he'd be in the press box since they need his cap hit, and the D will probably change a lot. I would start him with Holden and MDZ with Zaitsev. Mete scratched

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brannstrom looked so good last night. If the organization sends him down in favour of MDZ I think there will be an uprising.

i think worst case he'd be in the press box since they need his cap hit, and the D will probably change a lot. I would start him with Holden and MDZ with Zaitsev. Mete scratched

I'd do the same but Mete has looked good this pre-season too. Lots of decisions to be made. Hoping the Sens show up tomorrow against the Leafs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently the Sens have the option of buying out White at 1/3 his salary before the start of next season. I can't help but think they entertain this if they expect to sign Jimmy, Brady, Pinto and Norris within the next 24 months.

Tierney, Sanford, Ennis, Holden, J. Brown, Forsberg will all be off the books next season for approx $10M. They'll have to re-sign Paul, Norris and Formenton. With White off the books at 2/3 his salary they shouldn't have any issues signing these guys and still operating at the cap floor.

I also wonder if White on IR (80% covered) means they can add a bit more to the Tkachuk deal - even if it's $200K a year. It's money well worth it and the savings will be realized by buying out White.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Connor brown looking more like alfie every day

Dude, I love him. I still don't understand why the Leafs let him go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Dude, I love him.  I still don't understand why the Leafs let him go.

I wonder if it's because of analytics. Although I suspect his advanced stats with the Sens have been good (at least relative to others on the team).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Dude, I love him.  I still don't understand why the Leafs let him go.

I wonder if it's because of analytics. Although I suspect his advanced stats with the Sens have been good (at least relative to others on the team).

His advanced stats are a little skewed because in Toronto he was used more in an offensive role versus the Sens using him more in a defensive role (as derived from looking at his O-zone starts in Toronto versus Ottawa). Anyway, the proof is on display every night...dude is terrific.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/b/brownco02.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

100% capacity. No excuse not to get this done now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watson with an ankle injury now and probably won’t play next week. Hopefully Toronto comes out flat after their home opener.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, poor CTC is gonna be filled with Leaf fans tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No pinto, Norris or Chabot.

Well, this should be fun 🙄

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:No pinto, Norris or Chabot.

Or Holden, or Zub. Top two centers, top pair D, arguably our 3rd best D as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Or Holden, or Zub.  Top two centers, top pair D, arguably our 3rd best D as well.

And their best forward

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Or Holden, or Zub.  Top two centers, top pair D, arguably our 3rd best D as well.

And their best forward

Yeah, don't rub it in. Dammit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum