GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:I think Norris signs for 6 years at $40 million, AAV $6.6. This way he's between Tkatchuk $8.2 and Batherson $5.0.

If it was only that simple.

Batherson is a steal. Curious to see what Pinto and Jimmy Stu come in at next year.

Can’t imagine pinto getting much in dollars or term. He’s barely played

Well he’s got a year left before hitting the market. If I was PD I’d try to extend him this summer to a bridge deal. I’m sure they’d love to do a 3 year deal but I doubt Pinto would want that.
He’s gonna be a special player. If you can get him bellow 3-3.5 on a 3 year you’re laughing.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:I think Norris signs for 6 years at $40 million, AAV $6.6. This way he's between Tkatchuk $8.2 and Batherson $5.0.

If it was only that simple.

Batherson is a steal. Curious to see what Pinto and Jimmy Stu come in at next year.

Well Stützle sure shows his skill and attributes but it hasn’t really translated into points just yet.
That’s another player I would secure on a bridge deal this summer if you could.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Updated Sens schedule is out. Sens have 50 games in the next 100 days. Yikes lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Updated Sens schedule is out.  Sens have 50 games in the next 100 days.  Yikes lol

Lots of hockey post NFL playoffs. Hopefully we get some reinforcements in March (White? Pinto? Sanderson?) and maybe a Kuzmenko signing? I expect the Sens to be active at the trade deadline too. Could make for some exciting hockey and storylines down the stretch. And I don't think Brannstrom is going to be sent down so it'll be interesting to see what happens to Mete and MDZ.

Wondering too if the Oilers look at Forsberg as a solution in net even for depth purposes right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Updated Sens schedule is out.  Sens have 50 games in the next 100 days.  Yikes lol

Lots of hockey post NFL playoffs. Hopefully we get some reinforcements in March (White? Pinto? Sanderson?) and maybe a Kuzmenko signing? I expect the Sens to be active at the trade deadline too. Could make for some exciting hockey and storylines down the stretch. And I don't think Brannstrom is going to be sent down so it'll be interesting to see what happens to Mete and MDZ.

Wondering too if the Oilers look at Forsberg as a solution in net even for depth purposes right now.

Yeah Brannstrom is making a case for him to stick around. Just like last year.
If anyone thinks he’s not better than one of the other 6 D we have then they’re out to lunch.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

If anyone thinks he’s not better than one of the other 6 D we have then they’re out to lunch.

I'd certainly argue that Brannstrom is a better and more aggressive passer than Chabot which is something this team desperately needs. His zone exits are great and his offensive zone creativity is excellent too. He seems to be one of the few players on the team that can keep up with Stutzle's creativity. This begs the question of whether the Sens should keep him or move him. I'd like to keep him especially if it means giving him full-time minutes and moving on from MDZ, Mete, and J. Brown. The issue to me is what we do with Holden who I quite like but is blocking Brannstrom, JBD or Thomson from full-time minutes when everyone is healthy and Sanderson is up here.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice loss.
if we're gonna lose might as well see the team mount this kind of come back.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I'd certainly argue that Brannstrom is a better and more aggressive passer than Chabot which is something this team desperately needs. His zone exits are great and his offensive zone creativity is excellent too. He seems to be one of the few players on the team that can keep up with Stutzle's creativity. This begs the question of whether the Sens should keep him or move him. I'd like to keep him especially if it means giving him full-time minutes and moving on from MDZ, Mete, and J. Brown. The issue to me is what we do with Holden who I quite like but is blocking Brannstrom, JBD or Thomson from full-time minutes when everyone is healthy and Sanderson is up here.

I thought Holden was capable of playing both sides?
anyways, I imagine they'll try moving him at the deadline. same for Mete, J brown and MDZ(doubt they'll be takers tho)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Defense next year is probably something along the lines of:

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
MDZ-JBD

Don't sleep on Thomson btw. Guy is on a tear in the AHL right now and is apparently a physical beast. Not saying he'll be a permanent fixture next to Chabot but it's who we have in the system at RHD that balances out the lineup. I also doubt Ottawa tries to bring in another vet at this point. It's a failed experiment that has never worked out going back to the Johnny Oduya days.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone know when Tyler Boucher is expected to dress for the 67s?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone know when Tyler Boucher is expected to dress for the 67s?

Last I heard he was injured with no timeline for a return.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Defense next year is probably something along the lines of:

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
MDZ-JBD

Don't sleep on Thomson btw. Guy is on a tear in the AHL right now and is apparently a physical beast. Not saying he'll be a permanent fixture next to Chabot but it's who we have in the system at RHD that balances out the lineup. I also doubt Ottawa tries to bring in another vet at this point. It's a failed experiment that has never worked out going back to the Johnny Oduya days.
It’s such a weird time as we could sit on a few prospects and hope they pan out and we’d be good in a couple of years or they could trade with one of those prospects and a sweetener.
I don’t mind trading as long as what we trade for is young and under contract for a while.
I think any trade won’t happen till the summer once JBD, Brannstrom and Thompson have this season under their belt showing what they got. But any of those guys could be in play.

As far as FA it’s the RW I hope they address.
I used to want them to take a run at a C but between Brown, Stützle and Pinto, I think we are set on the top two lines at C.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Guys that I think will be shopped at the deadline are Nick Paul (for the right price. No matter what people say he’s completely replaceable. Pinto will take his place on the PK) maybe one of Gambrell/Gaudette, Ennis, tierney, Sanford, Holden, J brown, Mete, Forsberg.

The guys I expect will get moved Nick Paul, Holden, Sanford, Mete maybe Tierney. Probably Forsberg too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd be okay with them trading JBD over Brann. Brann has too much offensive upside and you can shelter his minutes on the bottom pairing with someone defensively minded. JBD is good but doesn't bring anything unique to the table.

I'd like the Sens to sign Giroux to a three year deal. If they can pick up Kuzmenko it would make for a pretty amazing second line with Stutzle. This would inevitably move formenton pinto and brown to L3 which is where all three should be. This leaves paul, Watson, bishop, gambrell, shaw, kastelic and a few others fighting for l4 spots.

Paul is replaceable and I'd buyout white freeing money to bring in Giroux and extend norris

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be okay with them trading JBD over Brann. Brann has too much offensive upside and you can shelter his minutes on the bottom pairing with someone defensively minded. JBD is good but doesn't bring anything unique to the table.

I'd like the Sens to sign Giroux to a three year deal. If they can pick up Kuzmenko it would make for a pretty amazing second line with Stutzle. This would inevitably move formenton pinto and brown to L3 which is where all three should be. This leaves paul, Watson, bishop, gambrell, shaw, kastelic and a few others fighting for l4 spots.

Paul is replaceable and I'd buyout white freeing money to bring in Giroux and extend norris

I also share your interest in Giroux but it will depend on who else is available. Giroux will be 35 next year and it’s hard to guess how those next years are going to wear on him. Slow or fast decline? Hard to tell from this year’s production.

Im not gonna put money on Kuzmenko just yet. Apparently every team is interested in him. Sure he’s almost a shoe in to make the team but other teams can probably say the same thing. Plus, until he gets here I’m gonna hold off on thinking he’s a legit top 6 guy. Many Russians didn’t make the jump that well.

But it would be great to have an offensively gifted third line.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be okay with them trading JBD over Brann. Brann has too much offensive upside and you can shelter his minutes on the bottom pairing with someone defensively minded. JBD is good but doesn't bring anything unique to the table.

I also share your interest in Giroux but it will depend on who else is available. Giroux will be 35 next year and it’s hard to guess how those next years are going to wear on him. Slow or fast decline? Hard to tell from this year’s production.

Im not gonna put money on Kuzmenko just yet. Apparently every team is interested in him. Sure he’s almost a shoe in to make the team but other teams can probably say the same thing. Plus, until he gets here I’m gonna hold off on thinking he’s a legit top 6 guy. Many Russians didn’t make the jump that well.  

But it would be great to have an offensively  gifted third line.

I'm totally content with the Formenton-Stutzle duo and would be equally happy seeing Sokolov, Greig, or someone else play on the RW if we don't bring in Kuzmenko or Giroux. I think DJ needs to accept that Stutzle has to play with someone who can keep up with him speed and skill wise. C. Brown and Nick Paul experiment next to Stutzle isn't working, and I don't think Colin White fits in there either. Part of me thinks we should be contacting NYR for Kravtsov though I am scared of what the asking price would be. Giroux is a nice option in that he can be acquired for free and he knows how to put the puck in the net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Formenton doesn't have the hands for top six. If we get Kuzmenko the top six will be nearly set. And bottom six will be better with Formenton. Remains to be seen whether Pinto will play. I could see him really helping Stützle with his defensive play and better faceoff stats.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Very true. He could play RW o L2 and we can always keep Ahite to play 3C. I'd prefer to buy White out but that could certainly be an option until Greig is ready

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum