GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Once again, I recommend you get your COVID information from somewhere other than a hockey message board.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stevie Y is definitely in the right. No reason these guys shouldn’t be playing if they have no symptoms.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:There's talk of a league-wide shutdown as early as tomorrow.  But they would probably only shut it down for the holiday break.

Stevie Y asking the tough questions -- why are we bothering testing those without symptoms? If you and everyone else are vaccinated, even if you are infected can you (as an asymptomatic carrier) even produce enough viral load to infect another vaccinated player to the point of them showing symptoms?  Very unlikely (according to everyone in the health industry -- those vaccines are 94% effective, after all).

Not doubting your data or anything but where are you getting that information? It’s a discussion I hear some people having these days but I’d really like to see some Scientific articles that back the claims about the viral loads.

I’m seriously interested.

Here's one which disputes my claim:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2769235

But this is a study of 303 individuals. That's tiny.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Once again, I recommend you get your COVID information from somewhere other than a hockey message board.

You must be a hoot around the company coffee station.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sanderson will wear the 'C' for Team USA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Six more in Covid Protocol on the Sens. DJ, Forsburglar, staff members.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

4 of the 5 Sens prospects in action this afternoon (pre-tournament action). Jarventie is not playing (but Merilainen is in goal).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Jake Sanderson is good at hockey.

Sandy and Beniers are men among boys out there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

US cruising, up 3-1, Red Savage (what a name!) takes a dumb penalty (high hit) and on the ensuing major the Finns score 2 in the final 1:45 to tie it, and then the OT winner. Looking at the hit itself:
- no, he did not jump, he lifted his left leg (right skate remained solidly on the ice)
- no, it wasn't elbow to the head; his elbow was down and contact was made with his forearm, and it wasn't extended
- the head appeared to snap back even before contact -- looked pretty weird

So, was it a dumb play to make u 3-1 with time winding down? Yes. Should it have been 5 and a game (and a suspension likely to follow)? Not sure. The Finnish player didn't just stay in the game, he did not even go down to the ice on the hit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tyler Boucher signed to an ELC. A Leaves BU after one semester. He'll be assigned to the 67s but is eligible to go to Belleville, too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Tyler Boucher signed to an ELC. A Leaves BU after one semester. He'll be assigned to the 67s but is eligible to go to Belleville, too.
I guess the NCAA wasn’t conducive to his game.
My guess is he’ll windup in Belleville next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also Murray has been recalled (I believe Forsberg has Covid).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Both Gus and Forsberg in Covid Protocol.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I guess the Sens/Leafs game is still on for tomorrow night? Sucks the NYE game got canned, was looking forward to that.

I'm guessing the rest of the season is going to be a mess. Glad the Sens "chose" the last couple of years to tank...it'd be frustrating to be trying to do well with the mess that's going on right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

1000 fans. Why even bother?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol this league is ridiculous

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Lol this league is ridiculous

Yeah, I don't really get what's going on anymore. That's why I'm glad to not care about how the Sens are doing right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Weird take but I'd like to see the Sens pick up Neal off waivers. One year, 750K can add some depth on the RW, and can flip out at the deadline

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum