GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They could very well be waiting for the playoffs to end. Me - I am not reading into any of this and am posting what I read and hear.

I know two 10+ years season ticket holders who cancelled their tickets this year. Drop in the bucket I know, but when the die-hards are no longer renewing there are problems. If Melnyk doesn't meet gate minimums, what hope does he have to turn a profit given the pending lawsuits and loss of LeBreton. He's toast.

I agree 100% on what you’re saying. I also appreciate you coming in here and posting rumours. I don’t hear of any and spend little to no time on other hockey bords so it’s better than nothing. Simple logic dictates that Melnyk should sell his investment before it costs him more than he can get long term. It’s a simple cash flow analysis to see if he gets above the internal rate or return.

Now if he has half a team doing it’s job on the business side of things they can tell him that. Wether he listens is another story.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:not sure if posted before, Sens signed Nick Ebert (RD) out of Sweden

1 way apparently! Vertigo

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Krebs just tore his achilles, so maybe there is a chance he falls to us. Maybe. Wishful thinking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Skate cut through a "cut resistant" sock. Why wear a special sock (and probably pay $50 for a pair) of it won't prevent your Achilles from being cut?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Krebs just tore his achilles, so maybe there is a chance he falls to us. Maybe. Wishful thinking.

definitively wishful thinking.
he's that type of player that might have gone higher than he was ranked. now i think he's likely to go where he's ranked or at most fall at worst to the 12-13th position.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sens should trade Boedker and Condon for Corey Perry #hottake

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens should trade Boedker and Condon for Corey Perry #hottake
mmmmhhhh I’m not against this trade idea.

I don’t see Melnyk going for it but I like It. Perry could show the kids how to give it their all. There is a chance that he could bounce back too. Only two years on his contractleft. I’m not sure if Boedker and Condon do it. I think Anaheim could get something better back if they are willing to earn few mills off his contract. But if we had an owner with deeper pockets we may actually make it worththeir while to eat the full salary.
Maybe see if they have an interest in Ceci and get something back in terms of picks. Then you might convince Melnyk.

Good thinking!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens should trade Boedker and Condon for Corey Perry #hottake

Why bother?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

1 way apparently!  Vertigo

I don't think it's actually official yet, but I'm all for bringing in d-men. Chances are this doesn't amount to much, but it's a relatively risk-free shot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

Why bother?

Same reason we would bring in Spezza. Leadership, close to home, and he may have a bit left in the tank. Clears Condon out of our system, gives useless Boedker a chance back in Cali, and helps Sens hit cap floor (and next year too since MacArthur and Andy will be off the books). Plus, we don't want the Sens to be good next year. Development year, get some vets in the lineup, and get a top two pick (Lafrenniere or Byfield).

Tkachuk-White-Perry
Balcers-Pageau-Ryan
Paul-Spezza-Duclair
Smith-Tierney-Veronneau
Extra: Chlapik

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Ceci (hopefully not)
Boro-Jaros
Extra: Harpur

Anderson
Nilsson

AHL:

Formenton-Brown-Batherson
Abramov-Norris-Sturtz
Kelly-Luchuk-Beaudin
Gruden-XXXXX-Davidsson

Brannstrom-Ebert
Lajoie-Englund
Alsing-XXXX

Hogberg
Gustavsson

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Why bother?

Same reason we would bring in Spezza. Leadership, close to home, and he may have a bit left in the tank. Clears Condon out of our system, gives useless Boedker a chance back in Cali, and helps Sens hit cap floor (and next year too since MacArthur and Andy will be off the books). Plus, we don't want the Sens to be good next year. Development year, get some vets in the lineup, and get a top two pick (Lafrenniere or Byfield).

Tkachuk-White-Perry
Balcers-Pageau-Ryan
Paul-Spezza-Duclair
Smith-Tierney-Veronneau
Extra: Chlapik

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Ceci (hopefully not)
Boro-Jaros
Extra: Harpur

Anderson
Nilsson

AHL:

Formenton-Brown-Batherson
Abramov-Norris-Sturtz
Kelly-Luchuk-Beaudin
Gruden-XXXXX-Davidsson

Brannstrom-Ebert
Lajoie-Englund
Alsing-XXXX

Hogberg
Gustavsson

I know what you mean, the problem is, if Anaheim - who sucks as much as we do (or close) - can't use Perry, he's DONE. You don't want to trade what could be a serviceable player for him, even though I don't like Smith.

Really, I think Perry's done.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

1 way apparently!  Vertigo

I don't think it's actually official yet, but I'm all for bringing in d-men.  Chances are this doesn't amount to much, but it's a relatively risk-free shot.

According to the sens release on Twitter it is a two way not one way

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, it wasn't official until today. 2-way with $300K AHL salary, $700 NHL, and $350K guaranteed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Played for DJ in the OHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even better

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so not getting along with Melnyk will land you another job! How about that. I wonder if the opposite will be true for his Yesmen eh Dorion?

Anselmi hired by The oil.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, one proves you have backbone and will stand up for your ethics and knowledge, while the other proves incompetence and layers of ineptitude.

One is sought after, the other is blacklisted.

I can’t wait to see the fall of Dorion. Scouting the junior ranks maybe?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Yes, one proves you have backbone and will stand up for your ethics and knowledge, while the other proves incompetence and layers of ineptitude.

One is sought after, the other is blacklisted.

I can’t wait to see the fall of Dorion. Scouting the junior ranks maybe?

Oh I think he’ll get recycled as possibly chief scout somewhere but never again management if we judge on his current record.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum