GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:No to Batherson and wolanin for me in belleville.  As much as it's going to be a rough year, I think batherson has earned the chance to be an nhler unless he proves them wrong.  By all accounts he's ready, let's do this.

Wolanin I feel has cemented himself in Ottawa as a top 4 on this team.

It is interesting that Brannstrom can play right though.  

I agree both are ready. It's a numbers game unfortunately. I am not sure what the cap rules are. Do they need to be at the cap floor for the duration of the season or just the start of the season? I can see the Sens trying to move Boedker or Smith in-season if they don't need them to meet the cap.

I dont believe they can go under the salary cap unless emergency injuries happen.

If they can move Smith and  boedker they might have to take on a contract to do it at the deadline, I would imagine, but yeah, we have some dead weight to move.  If we're lucky

See my post above

Yeah, I read it. That's what I mean, I think they would need to take on a contract to trade either of those guys mid season

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Sens added Bob Jones to their coaching staff, and Mike King as video coach

The more the merrier.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Sens added Bob Jones to their coaching staff, and Mike King as video coach

The more the merrier.

Yes. I don’t care about names, just start getting roles specialized.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Reaching deep into the OHL/AHL cupboards. Happy to see people in these positions

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Also happy to have coaches who played defense in the NHL. We missed that with Boucher

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:No to Batherson and wolanin for me in belleville.  As much as it's going to be a rough year, I think batherson has earned the chance to be an nhler unless he proves them wrong.  By all accounts he's ready, let's do this.

I agree both are ready. It's a numbers game unfortunately. I am not sure what the cap rules are. Do they need to be at the cap floor for the duration of the season or just the start of the season? I can see the Sens trying to move Boedker or Smith in-season if they don't need them to meet the cap.

I dont believe they can go under the salary cap unless emergency injuries happen.

If they can move Smith and  boedker they might have to take on a contract to do it at the deadline, I would imagine, but yeah, we have some dead weight to move.  If we're lucky

See my post above

I missed this. Yes, a team can go under the cap during the season. As long as they reach the cap floor by the start of a season, an owner can decimate his entire player payroll if he wishes. Emergencies don’t matter.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

See my post above

I missed this. Yes, a team can go under the cap during the season. As long as they reach the cap floor by the start of a season, an owner can decimate his entire player payroll if he wishes. Emergencies don’t matter.

So maybe we see some action after opening night. Boedker and Condon on waivers for sure.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Condon, yes. I doubt Boedker. He’s the sought-after diamond from the Karlsson trade. Cheering

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You guys here about this?
https://www.tsn.ca/lisa-macleod-says-she-apologized-for-reported-tirade-at-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-1.1333354

Someone had a little too much to drink and let the ol kazoo sound off Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

See my post above

Holy crap, really? That's...odd and fairly dangerous.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:You guys here about this?
https://www.tsn.ca/lisa-macleod-says-she-apologized-for-reported-tirade-at-ottawa-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk-1.1333354

Bahahahahahahaha. That's Cussing hilarious! Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also happy to have coaches who played defense in the NHL. We missed that with Boucher

To be fair to Boucher the team has the worst shots against per game in the league in 2015-16. His first year they moved up to 16th worst.

Everyone complained they were boring. The following year they started out fine but McArthur didn't clear his medicals (and was not replaced), Turris was traded, affecting the chemistry in the room, Hoffman/Caryk destroyed it.

Still, Boucher was stubborn and did not give the proper personnel the chance to prove themselves. "Rest is a weapon" is fine when you're winning but his pressers became anger inducing as loses mounted. It wasn't all his fault, but he also didn't do enough (or well enough) to escape all blame.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:You guys here about this?

It's pretty hard to make Melnyk out to be the victim, but Lisa MacLeod sure tried her best!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

See my post above

Holy crap, really?  That's...odd and fairly dangerous.

Yes really.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has anyone heard that the habs might take on Turris’s contract(given that the preds eat a little salary).
Risky business. I’m not sure if it’s more than a rumour

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Has anyone heard that the habs might take on Turris’s contract(given that the preds eat a little salary).

I don't blame Montreal. I'd have liked Turris back - if we could have gotten a sweetener.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Has anyone heard that the habs might take on Turris’s contract(given that the preds eat a little salary).

I don't blame Montreal.  I'd have liked Turris back - if we could have gotten a sweetener.

I imagine he’d be better than last year. They’d have a lot of depth down the middle.

I think Id take a 4mill Turris. Especially if we wind up trading Pageau this year. Probably doesn’t finish his present contract though. He seems like a guy that will go on LTIR

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I don't blame Montreal.  I'd have liked Turris back - if we could have gotten a sweetener.

I imagine he’d be better than last year. They’d have a lot of depth down the middle.

I think Id take a 4mill Turris. Especially if we wind up trading Pageau this year. Probably doesn’t finish his present contract though. He seems like a guy that will go on LTIR

That was a trade I would have looked hard at if I was Ottawa, but then again Melnyk has no money.

Turris + Subban for Smith and Condon or the like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum