GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so not getting along with Melnyk will land you another job! How about that. I wonder if the opposite will be true for his Yesmen eh Dorion?

Anselmi hired by The oil.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Yes, one proves you have backbone and will stand up for your ethics and knowledge, while the other proves incompetence and layers of ineptitude.

One is sought after, the other is blacklisted.

I can’t wait to see the fall of Dorion. Scouting the junior ranks maybe?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Yes, one proves you have backbone and will stand up for your ethics and knowledge, while the other proves incompetence and layers of ineptitude.

Oh I think he’ll get recycled as possibly chief scout somewhere but never again management if we judge on his current record.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I bet whenever we get a new owner Dorion, if he’s still here, would be retained due to his scouting ability and just to see how he does without the restraints of ownership. After Ottawa I can definitely see him as a scouting director again and maybe an assistant GM. Or just end up retiring like Tim Murray kind of has.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I bet whenever we get a new owner Dorion, if he’s still here, would be retained due to his scouting ability and just to see how he does without the restraints of ownership. After Ottawa I can definitely see him as a scouting director again and maybe an assistant GM. Or just end up retiring like Tim Murray kind of has.

I think he’ll be kept on board for a year. As a sacrificiallamb to the first bad move/turn of event that happens. You could see him be pulled aside a la Craig mactavish (who stayed on for a few years as assistant). He’s not hopelessly an imbecile. It’s just that he’s handcuffed and instead of protesting, licks the boot that is pinning him down. Not a pretty sight. Not GM material.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Yes, one proves you have backbone and will stand up for your ethics and knowledge, while the other proves incompetence and layers of ineptitude.

His track record as a scout is top notch. I'd love him to remain here as a scout if Melnyk ever diddles off.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

His track record as a scout is top notch.  I'd love him to remain here as a scout if Melnyk ever diddles off.
Dito. But does it happen? I’m sure there are orgs that would offer him head of scouting. Would we? That would mean further demotion for other people. Usually new GM’s want their guys in there. I dunno. It’s wishful thinking but I do agree that he’s worth his pay in the scouting department

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

His track record as a scout is top notch.  I'd love him to remain here as a scout if Melnyk ever diddles off.
Dito. But does it happen? I’m sure there are orgs that would offer him head of scouting. Would we? That would mean further demotion for other people. Usually new GM’s want their guys in there. I dunno. It’s wishful thinking but I do agree that he’s worth his pay in the scouting department  

Certainly doesn't happen often where a gm gets demoted instead of fired. They'd have to cut him loose I'm sure

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Certainly doesn't happen often where a gm gets demoted instead of fired.  They'd have to cut him loose I'm sure
Actually I think it does in coaching no? Where they make the coaches into scouts until they get hired again. I’m trying to think but I think it’s happened with GMs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Certainly doesn't happen often where a gm gets demoted instead of fired.  They'd have to cut him loose I'm sure
Actually I think it does in coaching no? Where they make the coaches into scouts until they get hired again. I’m trying to think but I think it’s happened with GMs.

Coaches yeah. Once your fired, you're screwed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Coaches yeah.  Once your fired, you're screwed.

You could always make up a role for him. Have his as an adviser to the GM and personnel development which means scouting decisions would be impacted through him. It's amazing how he's got such an eye for talent and then can't see the gaping holes in Cody Ceci's game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am still hopeful that something happens with the organization between the end of the playoffs and the draft. There will no doubt be lots of excitement about Seattle so maybe we won't be getting an announcement as soon as we'd hope.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Coaches yeah.  Once your fired, you're screwed.

You could always make up a role for him. Have his as an adviser to the GM and personnel development which means scouting decisions would be impacted through him. It's amazing how he's got such an eye for talent and then can't see the gaping holes in Cody Ceci's game.

Hes stated so many times how in love he is with Cody ceci, it seems to me like there’s an emotional attachment with his pick. I’m sure he sees the flaws but keeps believing the upside will appear.

If we sell on ceci right now it will definitely be at a low point. Maybe that’s what he’s trying to avoid.

Man, ceci should have been packaged for hall when we had a chance. We might have not been in this mess to begin with.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if the sens throw a bunch of money at Jordan Eberle for a one year(or two) contract.
Thats someone that wants to regain his value, could likely fill the whole in the line up that mark stone left on the right side and could probably gain us a 1st round pick at the deadline if he’s got a good season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Pro scouting is not the Sens forte. The list is endless when it comes to bad trades, free agent signings and re-signings. It’s the reason Ceci is seemingly loved by management as well. Anyone over the age of 18, the Sens are clueless.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I generally try not to trash people that have difficult jobs, but TSN 1200's mid-day show (In The Box or whatever) with Todd White and Steve Lloyd is almost unlistenable for me. I was in the car over lunch today and heard:

1) Todd White being accused of messing with Steve Lloyd's golf pool;
2) Todd White being referred to as "Snake" a bunch with a long listing of his snake-like qualities;
3) A very brief synopsis of what was going on so far at the US Open; and,
4) Todd White asking what to do about a baby deer that was crying in the woods near his backyard all night.

I fully understand that it's difficult to have a 4 hour radio program and fill it with content, but I feel that with the Stanley Cup wrapping up last night, the NHL draft a week away, the NBA Finals being amazing for Canada, and the US Open golf all going on right now that they should be able to actually talk about sports most of the time they're on the air. And I really don't mind non-sports banter if it's somewhat witty and entertaining, but Lloyd and White are just awkward together. They were about to bring Dean Brown on and he's a bit of an idiot, so I just changed the station.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I generally try not to trash people that have difficult jobs, but TSN 1200's mid-day show (In The Box or whatever) with Todd White and Steve Lloyd is almost unlistenable for me.  I was in the car over lunch today and heard:

1) Todd White being accused of messing with Steve Lloyd's golf pool;
2) Todd White being referred to as "Snake" a bunch with a long listing of his snake-like qualities;
3) A very brief synopsis of what was going on so far at the US Open; and,
4) Todd White asking what to do about a baby deer that was crying in the woods near his backyard all night.

I fully understand that it's difficult to have a 4 hour radio program and fill it with content, but I feel that with the Stanley Cup wrapping up last night, the NHL draft a week away, the NBA Finals being amazing for Canada, and the US Open golf all going on right now that they should be able to actually talk about sports most of the time they're on the air.  And I really don't mind non-sports banter if it's somewhat witty and entertaining, but Lloyd and White are just awkward together.  They were about to bring Dean Brown on and he's a bit of an idiot, so I just changed the station.

apart from Mendes and Simmer, there isn't much to listen to that's quality on a regular basis on TSN radio Ottawa.

be glad you aren't listening to the Montreal station with their endless supposition of all free agents coming to Montreal and wishful lobsided trades that somehow Montreal will pull off. it's no reason that fanbase is delusional when you listen to the media.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not quite sure why we're hearing so much chatter about Zaitsev and not Ceci. IMO Ceci should garner more interest. I'm afraid this all means that Ceci isn't on the market at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum