GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Curious to see what Hoffman's next contract looks like. Probably not with Florida either.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In no way would I want Hoffman near my team ever again. First class prick. Florida has tried to trade him the last two seasons for a reason besides cap space.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I didn’t say I wanted Hoffman. But give me another player that can do what he does on the ice and I’d take him. He scores.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:I didn’t say I wanted Hoffman. But give me another player that can do what he does on the ice and I’d take him. He scores.

Agreed. You're going to need a few players like that. You can't have the whole team drive the net and dig the puck out of the corners.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman's a selfish doucebag, so ideally you would have someone that can score without being an arse.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Those guys don’t seem to have long careers.
Whoever gives a 5 year contract to Hoffman next might live to regret it lots.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

90 minutes away from wasting the 70th overall pick in 2014. Out of the roughly 25 players whose rights are about to expire, you guessed it, 70th overall is the best of the bunch. The off the board pick back in 2014, has proven everyone but the Sens correct.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:90 minutes away from wasting the 70th overall pick in 2014. Out of the roughly 25 players whose rights are about to expire, you guessed it, 70th overall is the best of the bunch. The off the board pick back in 2014, has proven everyone but the Sens correct.

Meh, chances of busting are much larger than hitting. That player (Gendron) will be playing with the org this season though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:90 minutes away from wasting the 70th overall pick in 2014. Out of the roughly 25 players whose rights are about to expire, you guessed it, 70th overall is the best of the bunch. The off the board pick back in 2014, has proven everyone but the Sens correct.

Meh, chances of busting are much larger than hitting. That player (Gendron) will be playing with the org this season though.
Didn’t he sign a Belleville contract?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Didn’t he sign a Belleville contract?

Yes, wasn't trying to say he's an NHL option just to clarify Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Give me a break with that sad song lol. Batherson makes up for it. There, done.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Plus Brayden point was really the only notable player that came out of the 2014 draft in the third round. There are a few other that have played NHL games but 25 or so out of 30 picks have not played an NHL game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's possible Carcone might turn a few heads. At 22 last year, he had 44 points in 62 games in the AHL as he finally started figuring out pro hockey. He could catch the eye of Smith and really help Belle and perhaps get a few call ups.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:It's possible Carcone might turn a few heads.  At 22 last year, he had 44 points in 62 games in the AHL as he finally started figuring out pro hockey.  He could catch the eye of Smith and really help Belle and perhaps get a few call ups.

Dorion seemed high on him and apparently tried to acquire him before. Whether that was lip service to try and make the deal look better or not still remains to be seen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It's possible Carcone might turn a few heads.  At 22 last year, he had 44 points in 62 games in the AHL as he finally started figuring out pro hockey.  He could catch the eye of Smith and really help Belle and perhaps get a few call ups.

Dorion seemed high on him and apparently tried to acquire him before. Whether that was lip service to try and make the deal look better or not still remains to be seen.

No sir, I don't buy that they're high on him lol. I do think he was a nice throw in - akin to a 5th round pick or the like.

Good old Dorion. He could acquire a bag of dog Dung and talk it up like they'd been scouting the dog that would eventually yield the foul.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-20-ottawa-senators-season-preview/c-308556260

I haven’t read this because I’m not a fan of these generally lazy articles but I saw this on my timeline and thought I’d share.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

White closing in on a 6 year, 4.75 package apparently.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Friedman is reporting this BTW.

Elliotte Friedman
✔
@FriedgeHNIC
Hearing OTT and Colin White closing in on 6x4.75

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next