GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Drunk Don Cherry?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But Rogers doesn't pay that.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Batherson grew an inch and added 13 lbs. 6'3" and 206lbs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Apparently Batherson grew an inch and added 13 lbs.  6'3" and 206lbs.

Oh boy...that could be devastating for opponents.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And brown apparently gained 10 pounds of muscle via intense workouts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hope he improved his speed too

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's just accept that Brown will never *look* fast. He's massive at 6'7" but his legs will never more as quickly as a short player's. Spezza never looked great out there but with those long strides he was fast enough.

Which is not to say that I don't think Brown should work on getting that explosive 2-3 step acceleration.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brown could be an absolute beast.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Let's just accept that Brown will never *look* fast. He's massive at 6'7" but his legs will never more as quickly as a short player's.  Spezza never looked great out there but with those long strides he was fast enough.

Which is not to say that I don't think Brown should work on getting that explosive 2-3 step acceleration.
That’s exactly what he needed to work. Ifhe can nail that he’ll have a career as a top 6 C in the nhl

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is show time for brown. I think he'll be one of the late cuts and be called up for good by December. I'm quite excited he apparently worked hard this summer. Injuries are the issue with him, I doubt it's a matter or work ethic right now, nor do I think it's a lack of a 2 way game according to Belleville fans.

I had personally started to write off brown, his development had stalled with all the injuries.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think his development ever stalled. He was almost a point a game player in his first pro season. He just needs to stay healthy and make sure the effort is there. He has high-end vision and skill. He's a 2C at the very worst. You can't teach size and IQ.

On a separate note, it's sounds like Batherson has almost 20 lbs on Tkachuk. Guy has beast potential this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think his development ever stalled. He was almost a point a game player in his first pro season. He just needs to stay healthy and make sure the effort is there. He has high-end vision and skill. He's a 2C at the very worst. You can't teach size and IQ.

On a separate note, it's sounds like Batherson has almost 20 lbs on Tkachuk. Guy has beast potential this year.

It was before he even got to pro that he was having injury issues that delayed his impact in the pros, then several injuries in the AHL derailed him as he got going. When he was healthy, he was one of the top players on Belleville, but I think it definitely put him back - a lot - in his development. Not as much in the AHL, but more going into the AHL where you really don't know what kind of player you're getting.

But that seems to have passed, knock on wood and he can take the bull by the horns now and continue his excellent work from last season into the NHL.

And yes, Batherson will be a beast.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think his development ever stalled. He was almost a point a game player in his first pro season. He just needs to stay healthy and make sure the effort is there. He has high-end vision and skill. He's a 2C at the very worst. You can't teach size and IQ.

It was before he even got to pro that he was having injury issues that delayed his impact in the pros, then several injuries in the AHL derailed him as he got going.  When he was healthy, he was one of the top players on Belleville, but I think it definitely put him back - a lot - in his development.  Not as much in the AHL, but more going into the AHL where you really don't know what kind of player you're getting.

But that seems to have passed, knock on wood and he can take the bull by the horns now and continue his excellent work from last season into the NHL.

With the expansion draft coming, it doesn't hurt to leave these guys down in the minors for a little while longer. There is no way the Sens don't lose a good prospect in the expansion draft depending on the rules.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It was before he even got to pro that he was having injury issues that delayed his impact in the pros, then several injuries in the AHL derailed him as he got going.  When he was healthy, he was one of the top players on Belleville, but I think it definitely put him back - a lot - in his development.  Not as much in the AHL, but more going into the AHL where you really don't know what kind of player you're getting.

With the expansion draft coming, it doesn't hurt to leave these guys down in the minors for a little while longer. There is no way the Sens don't lose a good prospect in the expansion draft depending on the rules.

Ugh, that's true.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't remember the particulars of the rules, but we're going to lose one of Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, JBD, Thomson if the Sens aren't careful.

And for forwards, you have to think Tkachuk, Brown, Batherson, Formenton, Norris will be protected. I'd throw White into that mix but think his back-ended contract sets him up to be the sacrificial lamb of not being protected if it comes down to that

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't remember the particulars of the rules, but we're going to lose one of Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, JBD, Thomson if the Sens aren't careful.

And for forwards, you have to think Tkachuk, Brown, Batherson, Formenton, Norris will be protected.  I'd throw White into that mix but think his back-ended contract sets him up to be the   sacrificial lamb of not being protected if it comes down to that

Brannstrom, JBD, Thomson etc wouldn't have to be protected

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't remember the particulars of the rules, but we're going to lose one of Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, JBD, Thomson if the Sens aren't careful.

And for forwards, you have to think Tkachuk, Brown, Batherson, Formenton, Norris will be protected.  I'd throw White into that mix but think his back-ended contract sets him up to be the   sacrificial lamb of not being protected if it comes down to that

Assuming Brannstrom doesn't make the NHL this year?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Assuming Brannstrom doesn't make the NHL this year?

I've previously seen he is exempt regardless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum