GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wasn’t the biggest fan but I’d have no issues bringing him in on a one year deal.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I mean, I could see Spezza back on a one year deal just to kind of bridge the gap and ensure we have some depth at centre, but there's also gotta be numerous better options. Like...how about we just get Duchene back?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Spezza always talked to the younger players on the bench. And they listened intently. Signs of a good teacher/communicator.

Pierre said he's skating better than he's ever seen him skate.

Heard he's also got a good hockey mind.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Spezza always talked to the younger players on the bench. And they listened intently. Signs of a good teacher/communicator.

Pierre said he's skating better than he's ever seen him skate.

Heard he's also got a good hockey mind.

Lots of hockey people have said that if Jason wants to, he could go into coaching after his playing career.

I personally don’t know, but I’ve heard it many times.
I don’t think it would hurt to have him back but I’d rather throw some money at Duchene if there’s even a possibility. Which I highly doubt.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If rumors are true about Martin, I'm absolutely pumped. Even if we are bad like we most likely will be, he would bring a lot of credibility to the org.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:If rumors are true about Martin, I'm absolutely pumped. Even if we are bad like we most likely will be, he would bring a lot of credibility to the org.
Where do these rumours originate from?

Of all the names talked about, he’s among the ones I preferred. I don’t think he’s definitely the coach to win down the stretch with but he’s a proven developing coach. In Ottawa to be precise.

Can we get alfie back too?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:If rumors are true about Martin, I'm absolutely pumped. Even if we are bad like we most likely will be, he would bring a lot of credibility to the org.

Of all the names talked about, he’s among the ones I preferred. I don’t think he’s definitely the coach to win down the stretch with but he’s a proven developing coach. In Ottawa to be precise.

Alfie for President... once Melnyk is gone.

Would love to see Martin as HC with Spezza and Kelly as his assistants. Two great hockey minds with a developmental coach. We may need to wait a yea if Spezza does want to play another season.

Hope the Sens go hard for Skinner. Doubt this is a thing though

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Alfie for President... once Melnyk is gone.

Would love to see Martin as HC with Spezza and Kelly as his assistants. Two great hockey minds with a developmental coach. We may need to wait a yea if Spezza does want to play another season.

Hope the Sens go hard for Skinner. Doubt this is a thing though

I think if Spezza winds up as a coach or assistant he may need to go at least the AHL road first. Could be a good assistant down the road to a coach in Belleville.

As for Alfie, I’m not sure where he stands on readiness for such a high position. He still seems a little green to me.
Agreed that Melnyk willl have to likely be gone for this to happen. I could totally see him coming in as an assistant something when a new ownership comes in eventually.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone else think this news of Patrick Roy interviewing for the Sens HC position is a terrible idea?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Anyone else think this news of Patrick Roy interviewing for the Sens HC position is a terrible idea?

I prefer Martin but would have Roy over Bowness, Mann, Crawford, Smith. Would be entertaining at least lol

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Anyone else think this news of Patrick Roy interviewing for the Sens HC position is a terrible idea?

I prefer Martin but would have Roy over Bowness, Mann, Crawford, Smith. Would be entertaining at least lol

Yeah entertaining is right. But I’m not sure it be good for the team. That guy doesn’t have all his marbles.

I think he does ok with young impressionable players but it doesn’t translate well to men in the league.

I could see it become a tire fire between Melnyk and Roy and have Dorion lose any voice in the org. The one thing Dorion does well is draft, Roy’s voice would be too loud in that area too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

St. Patrick would sell some tickets, especially across the river. Forget about Duchene or Duclair signing here, though.

Anyhow, sounds like Martin is the front runner.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:St. Patrick would sell some tickets, especially across the river.  Forget about Duchene or Duclair signing here, though.

Anyhow, sounds like Martin is the front runner.
Why duclair?

We’re not getting duchene back anyways

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"If Roy had really wanted Duclair, the belief throughout the NHL was that he was there for the taking. When Colorado passed on Duclair in the second and third round, it was interpreted a giant red flag for the rest of the league. So his stock plummeted."

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/mckenzie-the-fascinating-story-of-rangers-forward-duclair-1.105742

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well Duclair has made the nhl now and that was years ago, so I don’t see that being a huge problem if Eoy was coach

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m not really sure I want the Sens resigning Duclair after his online antics were revealed earlier this spring. For those that missed it, because it didn’t receive any media attention, a girl (I think in Montreal) posted online about Duclair basically propositioning her online and then getting really aggressive when she turned him down. After this one girl came out with her statement, several others also came out with similar stories about Duclair. Duclair then posted online saying it was an imposter. Then about 24 hours later, the girl recanted her statement, also saying it was an imposter. It’s pretty clear to me that Duclair and/or lawyer/agent got a hold of her and paid her some hush money.

A couple of other NHLers also blew up Duclair’s “imposter” story, saying that it was indeed Duclair’s account. Anyway, it was all brushed under the carpet really quickly, but left a bad taste in my mouth about him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I’m not really sure I want the Sens resigning Duclair after his online antics were revealed earlier this spring.  For those that missed it, because it didn’t receive any media attention, a girl (I think in Montreal) posted online about Duclair basically propositioning her online and then getting really aggressive when she turned him down.  After this one girl came out with her statement, several others also came out with similar stories about Duclair.  Duclair then posted online saying it was an imposter.  Then about 24 hours later, the girl recanted her statement, also saying it was an imposter.  It’s pretty clear to me that Duclair and/or lawyer/agent got a hold of her and paid her some hush money.

A couple of other NHLers also blew up Duclair’s “imposter” story, saying that it was indeed Duclair’s account.  Anyway, it was all brushed under the carpet really quickly, but left a bad taste in my mouth about him.
That shouldn't play a role in signing him at all. Also the NHLer part was past teammates joking. It could have easily been legit, a lot of guys probably look like him. Either way, it is basically a non story.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't disagree, but nothing longer than 2 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum