GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It cracks me up that in 2 to 3 years, we still have lineups with Bobby on the wing.  Poor guy.

Laugh1

Where's he going to go? Eugene isn't going to buy him out any time soon. Plus Gaborik, Phaneuf, MacArthur will be off the books soon they'll need to keep his contract to hit cap floor.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree. It's just hilarious.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone heard anything about the coaching and president vacancies?

I assume they'll want to hire a president before they hire a new coach but everything is so Donkey-backwards here that they'll probably do the opposite. Common sense never appears to prevail in Sensland

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the coaching and president vacancies?

I assume they'll want to hire a president before they hire a new coach but everything is so Donkey-backwards here that they'll probably do the opposite. Common sense never appears to prevail in Sensland

I don’t think it matters since they said Dorion is making the hire himself. The new POHO, if there is one, wouldn’t know the team very well

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the coaching and president vacancies?

I don’t think it matters since they said Dorion is making the hire himself. The new POHO, if there is one, wouldn’t know the team very well

That's terrifying

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

That's terrifying

I'd be surprised if Melnyk doesn't hire the POHO himself. I'm not expecting much from the hire TBH

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both Buffalo and Ottawa have asked Pittsburgh for permission to talk to Jacques

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Both Buffalo and Ottawa have asked Pittsburgh for permission to talk to Jacques

That’s interesting news. Wonder what his preferences would be. Jack Eichel or Tkachuk.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Both Buffalo and Ottawa have asked Pittsburgh for permission to talk to Jacques

That’s interesting news. Wonder what his preferences would be. Jack Eichel or Tkachuk.

His preference will probably be the more $$$ Buffalo will offer Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

His preference will probably be the more $$$ Buffalo will offer Smile
touchee

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are we sure they are both talking about the same position? Maybe the Sens are thinking of Jaques for President.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Are we sure they are both talking about the same position? Maybe the Sens are thinking of Jaques for President.

It's for head coach.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-sens-to-interview-former-coach-martin-1.1296112

They're also going to interview Nate Leaman (coaching Boston's AHL team), and they already interview Crawford and Troy Mann.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Are we sure they are both talking about the same position? Maybe the Sens are thinking of Jaques for President.

It's for head coach.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-sens-to-interview-former-coach-martin-1.1296112

They're also going to interview Nate Leaman (coaching Boston's AHL team), and they already interview Crawford and Troy Mann.

Small correction, Leaman coaches Providence College in the NCAA. Apparently he's the hottest NCAA coaching prospect. Can't say I know anything about him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seems like the sens might be interested in interviewing TJ Smith for the coaching position.
I decided to write to bob Mackenzie about the coaching and POHO position on Friday... maybe the timing pushes my question on the bobcast

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Smith is an assistant under Babcock in Toronto. Listening to TSN 1200 this morning, they seemed to think there was no way he'd actually get the job.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Smith is an assistant under Babcock in Toronto.  Listening to TSN 1200 this morning, they seemed to think there was no way he'd actually get the job.

Why would they want to interview him then?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Smith is an assistant under Babcock in Toronto.  Listening to TSN 1200 this morning, they seemed to think there was no way he'd actually get the job.

Apparently the whole thing with interviews can be political, where executives will interview people as favours to other people, etc. That's what Shawn Simpson was going on about anyway.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Apparently the whole thing with interviews can be political, where executives will interview people as favours to other people, etc.  That's what Shawn Simpson was going on about anyway.  

I can buy that.

Or they want to try to get a view of how things are done in the leafs management. The same way they interviewed Dorion in Montreal for the GM position when they sais after they were on a fact finding mission. Dorion being a bit of a fool, he must have spilled a lot of information

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum