GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have a feeling Hainsey is going to play the right side.
We may have not seen all the deals Dorion makes this summer.

I personally, am not sure Brown makes the team right out of camp. I imagine Jaros will be in and out of the line-up with injuries and what-nots up until someone is traded.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Boro is Melnyk and dorions puppet. He along with hainsey and maybe even pageau will be traded at the deadline for assets. Anderson too

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Boro is Melnyk and dorions puppet. He along with hainsey and maybe even pageau will be traded at the deadline for assets. Anderson too

They might keep Boro as long as he’s useful. Good presence to have around, goes along with management, wouldn’t garner much of a return... why trade him.

If Pageau could get us a first maybe they trade him. If not they will likely keep him. Another guy they like having around. Anderson is gone the minute they get an offer they like(wether we like the return is another story). Hainsey will likely be gone at the deadline also.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cant see pageau going personally.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If the Sens can trade for Gusev and not lose the trade when acquiring a cap dump, I’d consider that something positive. I will say it was fun talking Rangers, Avs, Canes and Wings yesterday. So much optimism.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Dorion is just such a tool. He should shut his mouth. Pretending like he’s doing a good job is a terrible look.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Honestly, I cant think of anything worse than going to hang out with Detroit and Colorado fans. Hooray!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

You can't blame Dorion. He's a puppet. It's clear he's under strict instructions to add cap hits, not salary, to get to the floor. I actually think he did well with the Ceci trade all things considered. I'd have been happy to get Brown for Ceci one for one, let alone another prospect and a top-four dman who could do well with a scenery change. He may bolt to Russia, we may expose him at the expansion draft, or who knows. Plus we got rid of Harpur who will be a healthy scratch in Toronto, and Luchuk who is an overager and a reach as it is.

As it stands our roster will finish last in the league. Again. What stings is the trade/signings fill two forward and two defence spots that I would have liked to have seen go to rookies. So the idea of selling 'hope' is completely lost on me, especially after the GM gloats about having multiple prospects that can play in the NHL. It is clear to me that this team has zero plan aside from tanking this year and trying to compete the year after.

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Balcers-Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Pageau-Brown
Boedker-Smith-Veronneau

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Jaros
Boro

I guess the AHL team should push for a Calder Cup. There are a number of good players that will be relegated to the ECHL like Klimchuk, Beaudin, Sturtz, depending on how many players the Sens decide to carry and how they want to assemble their roster.

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-Davidsson
Carcone-Chlapik-Szwarz
Gruden-Parker-Rodewald

Brannstron-Goloubef
Lajoie-Ebert
Englund-Alsing

Hogberg
Gustavsson

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dorion also said he didn't expect there to be any more movement. So this is our roster. I am pretty sure our AHL team could beat our NHL team or at least come close.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You can't blame Dorion. He's a puppet. It's clear he's under strict instructions to add cap hits, not salary, to get to the floor. I actually think he did well with the Ceci trade all things considered. I'd have been happy to get Brown for Ceci one for one, let alone another prospect and a top-four dman who could do well with a scenery change. He may bolt to Russia, we may expose him at the expansion draft, or who knows. Plus we got rid of Harpur who will be a healthy scratch in Toronto, and Luchuk who is an overager and a reach as it is.

As it stands our roster will finish last in the league. Again. What stings is the trade/signings fill two forward and two defence spots that I would have liked to have seen go to rookies. So the idea of selling 'hope' is completely lost on me, especially after the GM gloats about having multiple prospects that can play in the NHL. It is clear to me that this team has zero plan aside from tanking this year and trying to compete the year after.

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Balcers-Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Pageau-Brown
Boedker-Smith-Veronneau

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Jaros
Boro

I guess the AHL team should push for a Calder Cup. There are a number of good players that will be relegated to the ECHL like Klimchuk, Beaudin, Sturtz, depending on how many players the Sens decide to carry and how they want to assemble their roster.

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Carcone-Chlapik-Szwarz
Gruden-Parker-Rodewald

Brannstron-Goloubef
Lajoie-Ebert
Englund-Alsing

Hogberg
Gustavsson

Batherson needs no more time in the AHL IMO. Starts and finishes the year in Ottawa.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You can't blame Dorion. He's a puppet. It's clear he's under strict instructions to add cap hits, not salary, to get to the floor. I actually think he did well with the Ceci trade all things considered. I'd have been happy to get Brown for Ceci one for one, let alone another prospect and a top-four dman who could do well with a scenery change. He may bolt to Russia, we may expose him at the expansion draft, or who knows. Plus we got rid of Harpur who will be a healthy scratch in Toronto, and Luchuk who is an overager and a reach as it is.

Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Balcers-Tierney-Ryan
Ennis-Pageau-Brown
Boedker-Smith-Veronneau

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Jaros
Boro

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Carcone-Chlapik-Szwarz
Gruden-Parker-Rodewald

Brannstron-Goloubef
Lajoie-Ebert
Englund-Alsing

Hogberg
Gustavsson
A: you’re absolutely right in Dorion being handcuffed and having to assemble a roster that hits the salary floor. But let’s remember doing the owners bidding this way is also showing lack of character on his parts a GM. So screw Dorion.

B: I have absonlutely no problem with us tanking next year. I’m sure guys like batherson will start in Ottawa and as the year progress we should see more youth being injected in the line-up as injuries occur. Should be somewhat of an exciting season to see the kids developing. I’m still not giving this org any of my money(from whatever trips I’d take to Ottawa, might go see them in Montréal)

C: i truly hope that we keep enough guys in Belleville as a winning culture is going to have to come out of there.

This is going to be a painful year. Good will likely come out of it. Hopefully things move forward with some kind of ownership change. We can only hope. (I’m thinking that’s the hope they are selling)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think a Brown/Pageau pair will be good, and a Tkacuk-White-Duclair line will be fun to watch. Aside from that, it's going to be a pretty miserable year in Ottawa.

But we can continue cheering against Ceci, cheer for a top-two pick, cheer for SJ to falter, and hope for a Calder Cup.

Just saw Nick Paul re-signed on a one year two-way contract. So slide everyone down from my mock lineup and team him up with Brown and Batherson again. Go BSens Go

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think a Brown/Pageau pair will be good, and a Tkacuk-White-Duclair line will be fun to watch. Aside from that, it's going to be a pretty miserable year in Ottawa.

But we can continue cheering against Ceci, cheer for a top-two pick, cheer for SJ to falter, and hope for a Calder Cup.

Just saw Nick Paul re-signed on a one year two-way contract. So slide everyone down from my mock lineup and team him up with Brown and Batherson again. Go BSens Go

Why would drake batherson need more time in the ahl?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think he does but Ottawa has pretty much locked up their forwards with veronneau and balcers being the two that I think make the team out of camp

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How many games does Batherson have to play in Ottawa before he can’t be sent down to Belleville without waivers? I’m just wondering if he could be available for a Calder cup run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev is clearly a means to add Ceci's cap hit at a $3M discount from payroll. Maybe they don't care about the following years (selling team) or maybe they are banking on a rebound. Maybe that's why they brought in Hainsey, who was Zaitsev's teammate the last two seasons. It could work out pretty well.

But aren't they still below the floor?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev is clearly a means to add Ceci's cap hit at a $3M discount from payroll. Maybe they don't care about the following years (selling team) or maybe they are banking on a rebound. Maybe that's why they brought in Hainsey, who was Zaitsev's teammate the last two seasons. It could work out pretty well.

But aren't they still below the floor?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

They are 2.6 million under the floor but still need to resign White which should put them over

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum