GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev is clearly a means to add Ceci's cap hit at a $3M discount from payroll. Maybe they don't care about the following years (selling team) or maybe they are banking on a rebound. Maybe that's why they brought in Hainsey, who was Zaitsev's teammate the last two seasons. It could work out pretty well.

But aren't they still below the floor?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev is clearly a means to add Ceci's cap hit at a $3M discount from payroll. Maybe they don't care about the following years (selling team) or maybe they are banking on a rebound. Maybe that's why they brought in Hainsey, who was Zaitsev's teammate the last two seasons. It could work out pretty well.

But aren't they still below the floor?

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

They are 2.6 million under the floor but still need to resign White which should put them over

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:They are 2.6 million under the floor but still need to resign White which should put them over

I hope they give White a Turris-like contract. 5 yr x $4.5M or so. Works well for everyone.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:They are 2.6 million under the floor but still need to resign White which should put them over

White and wolanin. They’ll go past the floor alright.

I like your deal but does white like it? I think white might be asking for 5 mill a year on a 5 year. Maybe he goes for a bridge.
I imagine wolanin gets a bridge deal also.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I like your deal but does white like it? I think white might be asking for 5 mill a year on a 5 year. Maybe he goes for a bridge.

White really has no leverage here. He's only played 94 games in the league. This is a tricky one to predict.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn’t realize that Pageau was a UFA after this year. I could see a world where he’s extended but they might see if Brown can make the jump to the NHL first. If he can then it’s likely trade deadline trade(maybe we get a first back, maybe a good prospect or an alright prospect and a 2nd)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

White really has no leverage here. He's only played 94 games in the league. This is a tricky one to predict.
He could hold out. I mean he’s clearly penciled in as our 1st line centre whether he’s one or not. If I’m him I’d want a bunch of money or else I’d sign nothing over two years. Too many of these cheap contracts long term wind up being way too cheap. (Some are disatreous for the team also but eh)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He could hold out. I mean he’s clearly penciled in as our 1st line centre whether he’s one or not. If I’m him I’d want a bunch of money or else I’d sign nothing over two years. Too many of these cheap contracts long term wind up being way too cheap. (Some are disatreous for the team also but eh)

I don't believe he is penciled in as the 1st line centre.

There would be no reason for him to hold out IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn’t realize demelo was a UFA either. He’s really made a case for himself last year. Probably more than they expected. I think you see if he can repeat that kind of consistency and defencive reliability with Chabot again. If so you offer him another 3-4 year contract. He’s your new mark Methot. Probably in the 3-4mill range.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't believe he is penciled in as the 1st line centre.

There would be no reason for him to hold out IMO.
Who’s our 1st line Center going into the season? Pageau?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I realize that we don’t have a 1st line Center but white is playing the part by default.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone else think Tkachuk is named captain this year?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Brown is to make the team, which of the Cs can play wing?

I don't think he'll make the team out of camp personally, but they should be prepared if he excels.

Tierney?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Anyone else think Tkachuk is named captain this year?

Do we need a captain this year though?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:If Brown is to make the team, which of the Cs can play wing?

I don't think he'll make the team out of camp personally, but they should be prepared if he excels.

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

Are you sure he can play wing?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

Are you sure he can play wing?

If memory serves they started white on the wing before moving him back to centre

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum