GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:If Brown is to make the team, which of the Cs can play wing?

I don't think he'll make the team out of camp personally, but they should be prepared if he excels.

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I don't think he'll make the team out of camp personally, but they should be prepared if he excels.

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

Are you sure he can play wing?

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

If memory serves they started white on the wing before moving him back to centre

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

If memory serves they started white on the wing before moving him back to centre

Hmm. Well, that's a major solution if he can play wing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Anyone else think Tkachuk is named captain this year?

Do we need a captain this year though?

I think we are getting to the point where we do no?
I mean, two years in a row? he's a little immature but he seems to put the team on his back, he's a hell of a competitor. (plus he wasn't involved in that Uber incident like Chabot, so I do not have any questions whatsoever about his character)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Tierney?

White

Tkachuk-brown-white

Hmm.  Well, that's a major solution if he can play wing.
he was a winger at the WJC if my memory serves me correctly. besides that, he can totally play wing if I recall correctly his past playing experience.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I mean, two years in a row? he's a little immature but he seems to put the team on his back, he's a hell of a competitor. (plus he wasn't involved in that Uber incident like Chabot, so I do not have any questions whatsoever about his character)

Nah, I wouldn't bother right now. I'd announce him captain right before our pick next draft.

This year will be HELL, just absolute hell for the players and I don't think we need anyone being the leader of the Titanic.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Nah, I wouldn't bother right now.  I'd announce him captain right before our pick next draft.

This year will be HELL, just absolute hell for the players and I don't think we need anyone being the leader of the Titanic.

I’ll probably be wrong but I will be betting on the over for Ottawa’s points this year. Still expecting a bottom finish but perhaps not last.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Nah, I wouldn't bother right now.  I'd announce him captain right before our pick next draft.

I’ll probably be wrong but I will be betting on the over for Ottawa’s points this year. Still expecting a bottom finish but perhaps not last.

Indeed, you might be wrong.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What’s the nonsense about Batherson being in the AHL this season?

I’m trying not to care about anything Sens, but I don’t see any justification or reasoning for Batherson playing AHL minutes. Not that justification from Sens brass means anything.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:What’s the nonsense about Batherson being in the AHL this season?

I’m trying not to care about anything Sens, but I don’t see any justification or reasoning for Batherson playing AHL minutes. Not that justification from Sens brass means anything.

Who said that? Maybe I missed it in here. he definitely should start in the nhl

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I guess the AHL team should push for a Calder Cup. There are a number of good players that will be relegated to the ECHL like Klimchuk, Beaudin, Sturtz, depending on how many players the Sens decide to carry and how they want to assemble their roster.

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-Davidsson
Carcone-Chlapik-Szwarz
Gruden-Parker-Rodewald

Brannstron-Goloubef
Lajoie-Ebert
Englund-Alsing

Hogberg
Gustavsson

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think he *needs more AHL time* but Ottawa has pretty much locked up their forwards with veronneau and balcers being the two that I think make the team out of camp

Sorry, I saw some posts on Page 39 discussing this and thought there were more, but in the end only these two posts mentioned Batherson in the A.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

I said that. Not because I think he should be there but he may be a victim of the numbers game to start the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's brown that will end up being the victim. And actually he could use to start the season in the ahl and be a call up. Injuries have really messed with his development.

By all accounts he looked great the last half though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

I said that. Not because I think he should be there but he may be a victim of the numbers game to start the season.

Wasn’t trying to call you out. If Batherson becomes a victim of the numbers game, guess who can’t count? Dorion. I expect nothing less.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I think it's brown that will end up being the victim.  And actually he could use to start the season in the ahl and be a call up.  Injuries have really messed with his development.

By all accounts he looked great the last half though.

He could use some humble pie too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Methot just broke that Wolanin signed a 2 year deal (2-way in first year, 1-way in second).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's a good deal. He has only played 40 games so didn't really warrant anything longer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum