GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Smith is an assistant under Babcock in Toronto.  Listening to TSN 1200 this morning, they seemed to think there was no way he'd actually get the job.

Why would they want to interview him then?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Smith is an assistant under Babcock in Toronto.  Listening to TSN 1200 this morning, they seemed to think there was no way he'd actually get the job.

Apparently the whole thing with interviews can be political, where executives will interview people as favours to other people, etc. That's what Shawn Simpson was going on about anyway.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Apparently the whole thing with interviews can be political, where executives will interview people as favours to other people, etc.  That's what Shawn Simpson was going on about anyway.  

I can buy that.

Or they want to try to get a view of how things are done in the leafs management. The same way they interviewed Dorion in Montreal for the GM position when they sais after they were on a fact finding mission. Dorion being a bit of a fool, he must have spilled a lot of information

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Apparently the whole thing with interviews can be political, where executives will interview people as favours to other people, etc.  That's what Shawn Simpson was going on about anyway.  

I can buy that.

Or they want to try to get a view of how things are done in the leafs management. The same way they interviewed Dorion in Montreal for the GM position when they sais after they were on a fact finding mission. Dorion being a bit of a fool, he must have spilled a lot of information

Oh yeah, that was another aspect Shawn Simpson mentioned...often these interviews are also fact-finding missions (i.e. spying).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wolanin to join team USA for the WC. guess he's turning a few heads

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

As he should. Sens D will look good (and very crowded) in the next 2-3 years. He's arguably a 3rd/4th pairing d-man in Ottawa with Chabot, Brannstrom, and Lajoie potentially ahead of him. I am very optimistic for the Sens in 2020-21. I think Melnyk and Dorion will be gone by then and the team will be setup for success.

I also think this off-season will be interesting. New coach, new POHO, and a lot of picks and prospects (Chlapik/Lajoie) that can be traded to move up and down in the draft. Fun times ahead as long as there are no more internal implosions

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As he should. Sens D will look good (and very crowded) in the next 2-3 years. He's arguably a 3rd/4th pairing d-man in Ottawa with Chabot, Brannstrom, and Lajoie potentially ahead of him. I am very optimistic for the Sens in 2020-21. I think Melnyk and Dorion will be gone by then and the team will be setup for success.

I also think this off-season will be interesting. New coach, new POHO, and a lot of picks and prospects (Chlapik/Lajoie) that can be traded to move up and down in the draft. Fun times ahead as long as there are no more internal implosions

So is Lajoie ahead of him or traded? (I personally don’t think he’s ahead of him)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As he should. Sens D will look good (and very crowded) in the next 2-3 years. He's arguably a 3rd/4th pairing d-man in Ottawa with Chabot, Brannstrom, and Lajoie potentially ahead of him. I am very optimistic for the Sens in 2020-21. I think Melnyk and Dorion will be gone by then and the team will be setup for success.

So is Lajoie ahead of him or traded? (I personally don’t think he’s ahead of him)

Keep in mind Lajoie was suffering from a hernia starting in January, so his drop in play did have an excuse behind it.

As for Wolanin, I agree he's ahead of Lajoie right now. His performance in Belleville games toward the end of the season was pretty great.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Keep in mind that Lajoie suffered from being paired with Ceci.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Keep in mind that Lajoie suffered from being paired with Ceci.

You got to think this is the season Ceci is actually traded. For his and the team’s sake. I personally think we’ll be disappointed in the return but I think it has to happen. We’ll be lucky to get a 2nd rounder (with possibly a 3rd-4rth)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure we need to keep Lajoie. Depends on the offer, but he's not even playing the same sport as Wolanin and Brannstrom. I guess if injuries happen, but I'm hoping we stockpile dmen with the 5000 picks we have coming up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd be rolling this to start the season. Look at getting a RHD via trade. Ceci, Harpur, Lajoie expendable with Brannstrom, JBD, and Tychonik the next logical prospects. Jets are about to be in serious cap trouble. They should make a play for Tyler Myers, sign Girardi or Stralman to two year contract, or try to trade Ceci+ for another RFA (Trouba).

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-XXX
Boro-Jaros

I also think the Sens should Callahan. Big cap hit but insignificant term remaining, can get a pick/prospect out of it, and he'd be good in the locker room.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be rolling this to start the season. Look at getting a RHD via trade. Ceci, Harpur, Lajoie expendable with Brannstrom, JBD, and Tychonik the next logical prospects. Jets are about to be in serious cap trouble. They should make a play for Tyler Myers, sign Girardi or Stralman to two year contract,  or try to trade Ceci+ for another RFA (Trouba).

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-XXX
Boro-Jaros

I also think the Sens should Callahan. Big cap hit but insignificant term remaining, can get a pick/prospect out of it, and he'd be good in the locker room.

I don’t see a universe where Trouba wants to stay in Ottawa long term. Obviously he’d be great here.

I think Callahan would be a great move but I just don’t see Scrooge taking on any contract that’s not going straight to IR.
But that’s still the type of move we need to make. Take on guys with 1 or two years remaining on bad deals. Just don’t see it happening. In Melnyk’s eyes, we already have Ryan.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Sat May 04, 2019 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

As much as next year will probably be even worse statistically, Callahan is a name I’d never thought of. He’s a shadow of himself, can’t stay healthy, has never won a single championship, but he would be a good presence at least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you could get Callahan and have tb kick in a prospect or pick and eat a bit, that's a plan

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seeing some of the articles out there recently, I’d be happy with Brad Shaw for head coach. Hoping the jackets lose this round so he can be interviewed quickly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wish granted.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

17-19th pick overall. And with Panarin/Bob likely gone, I can't see how CBJ doesn't offer Duchene a big contract securing another 1st rd pick.

Not sure if the Sens try to move up. Within the 17-19 range: Ryan Suzuki, Connor McMichael, Moritz Seider (who I think they end up taking - big RHD)

Karlsson -2 last night. On the ice for 3 goals against. Not sure if SJ is loving or loathing him right now. I expect to see him sign with NYR next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum