GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Does he have *any* connection to Ottawa? Other then getting his passport from here?

At this point I think Ottawa will take anyone with experience willing to step in here and work for a pretty low salary.yeah, that,ikely takes Kruger out.

I truly believe that are number 1 impediment to getting someone is ownership meddling and not supporting fully the team.

It’s such an ugly situation that no one wants the job. How sad and truly depicting of the situation is that.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How could Ottawa sign a POHO and not see significant change in management?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:How could Ottawa sign a POHO and not see significant change in management?
By having Melnyk take an active stand against recommendations? Or by employing another yes man.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:How could Ottawa sign a POHO and not see significant change in management?
By having Melnyk take an active stand against recommendations? Or by employing another yes man.

Or maybe melnyk finally realizes he has to shut his trap. I cant imagine a guy coming in and not cleaning house, but I dont really know what's going on

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Or maybe melnyk finally realizes he has to shut his trap.  I cant imagine a guy coming in and not cleaning house, but I dont really know what's going on

Hahaha. I don’t know. I think it would take a more successful nd rich man to convince Melnyk that he’s wrong. I think super egos are very hard to convince otherwise.
If you look at how disconnected Melnyk is to the overall feeling in Ottawa you can’t imagine one person under him coming in and convincing him otherwise.

It sucks but the only people I could see coming in and telling him he’s screwed up is the actual NHL.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#JacquesWatch begins

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe one day we'll have a forward as good as mark stone again.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Maybe one day we'll have a forward as good as mark stone again.

Hard to imagine who that will be. Some draftee down the road perhaps. Can't believe we let him get away.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Hard to imagine who that will be.  Some draftee down the road perhaps.  Can't believe we let him get away.

Probably. Or maybe batherson, but probably some draft pick in 5 years will be close to as good.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Hard to imagine who that will be.  Some draftee down the road perhaps.  Can't believe we let him get away.

Probably.  Or maybe batherson, but probably some draft pick in 5 years will be close to as good.

in scoring possibility. maybe. two way forward? how do you get another Stone? not gonna happen.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

if anyone can find a gem in the rough it's the sens scouting i would think. although we have lost some scouts in the last years and i'd love to know who made what calls on who.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Probably.  Or maybe batherson, but probably some draft pick in 5 years will be close to as good.

in scoring possibility. maybe. two way forward? how do you get another Stone? not gonna happen.

How did we get the first Stone?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

How did we get the first Stone?

yes, the same way we got the first Karlsson. good luck with repeating that again.

(insert Chabot comment here PTF Sarcasm )

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His name is Brady Tkachuk

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:His name is Brady Tkachuk

I don't think Brady will quite have the same 2-way game, but you never know.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will give you that we have been able to land our own kind of exceptional players these years. Guys the entire league Is jealous of. Currently Tkachuk and Chabot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We didn't draft him but Brannstrom might be another jealousy-inducing player in a year or two.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:We didn't draft him but Brannstrom might be another jealousy-inducing player in a year or two.

Oh, absolutely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum