GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Stutzle sounds like he'll be the ticket.  It's the 5th overall that could be our big win.  

I really hope not. I mean, I’ll be happy with Struzle but I think we can find a way to move up one spot.

No chance.

Stutzle and Rossi or Drysdale are big wins for Ottawa.  Rossi and stutzle would be a dynamite 1, 2 punch...

I like Drysdale. but he's not an area of need and it's easy to set at least 4 other guys in that top 6-7 as BPA.

I think it's Rossi, Perfetti or Raymond.

that's how i'd like to see it happen.

why would we not be able to jump up from 3rd to 2nd? what would you guys think the cost be? the minimum you'd have to add our highest second-rounder but i wouldn't be opposed to that. maybe an extra lower pick?it cost us a 3rd to move from 12 to 11 to grab Brown. so i would imagine a high 2nd (which in this draft is almost another 1st) would make it happen. the only problem is that LA has plenty of prospects so do they really need another 2nd rounder?
The only hope we have is that they really want Drysdale and are willing to flip which for their case could be that second-rounder. maybe another piece is Wolanin? I'd do that in a heartbeat to be 100% sure we get Byfield.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:it believed that Buffalo is open to trading their pick but they want immediate help. i don't think we have anything to offer them. but maybe a three-way deal to vault from the isles pick to the 8th?

There's a tailor made Eichel trade there.

Edit: I guess that defeats the purpose of getting immediate help though.

everything i heard is that buffalo is a team that wants to go for it and not trade for futures. if anything they want that 8th spot for immediate help. but that's a very valuable pick at 8. probably one of the most valuable 8th overall in over a decade.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I could get quite excited about drafting Stutzle and Rossi.  Especially with guys like Tkachuk and Batherson and Formenton and Duclair and Norris.

i'm so uncertain about Struzle. i just don't think he's a C.
I really like Rossi but i'm uncertain he can be a real #1 C but he's a terrefic number 2 and as some have spoken could also be a great top line winger if not a C.

such hard choices... i'm gonna keep hoping Dorion wrangles that 2nd overall or by some idiotic turn of luck, LA doesn't choose Byfield.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Stutzle sounds like he'll be the ticket.  It's the 5th overall that could be our big win.  

I really hope not. I mean, I’ll be happy with Struzle but I think we can find a way to move up one spot.

No chance.

Stutzle and Rossi or Drysdale are big wins for Ottawa.  Rossi and stutzle would be a dynamite 1, 2 punch...

I like Drysdale. but he's not an area of need and it's easy to set at least 4 other guys in that top 6-7 as BPA.

why would we not be able to jump up from 3rd to 2nd? what would you guys think the cost be? the minimum you'd have to add our highest second-rounder but i wouldn't be opposed to that. maybe an extra lower pick?it cost us a 3rd to move from 12 to 11 to grab Brown. so i would imagine a high 2nd (which in this draft is almost another 1st) would make it happen. the only problem is that LA has plenty of prospects so do they really need another 2nd rounder?
The only hope we have is that they really want Drysdale and are willing to flip which for their case could be that second-rounder. maybe another piece is Wolanin? I'd do that in a heartbeat to be 100% sure we get Byfield.

That's it to move 1 huge space? That's a big space too. They'd be better off talking to Detroit or...us at 5...

But what would that cost

Islanders 1st
5th overall

Plus wolanin

More? I dunno, probably the high 2nd rounder too. That is a Dung ton to give up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I could get quite excited about drafting Stutzle and Rossi.  Especially with guys like Tkachuk and Batherson and Formenton and Duclair and Norris.

I really like Rossi but i'm uncertain he can be a real #1 C but he's a terrefic number 2 and as some have spoken could also be a great top line winger if not a C.

such hard choices... i'm gonna keep hoping Dorion wrangles that 2nd overall or by some idiotic turn of luck, LA doesn't choose Byfield.  

Funny, I've like Stutzle since I first started reading about the top 5. Why are you uncertain about him? Everything about him screams slick, solid, star player.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Funny, I've like Stutzle since I first started reading about the top 5.  Why are you uncertain about him?  Everything about him screams slick, solid, star player.

nice to have you back around here PT but there's been quite a bit of debate over him around here.
I'm in the camp that thinks he comes with a certain amount of risk. i think he could definitely be a top-line winger but i'm not sure he'll turn into a top line C. he's definitely a top 6 forward but i think Byfield is a much much more interesting choice to make. much higher upside. Byfield is so young, still so much upside. someday i believe he could go number 1 overall in a re-draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Funny, I've like Stutzle since I first started reading about the top 5.  Why are you uncertain about him?  Everything about him screams slick, solid, star player.

nice to have you back around here PT but there's been quite a bit of debate over him around here.
I'm in the camp that thinks he comes with a certain amount of risk. i think he could definitely be a top-line winger but i'm not sure he'll turn into a top line C. he's definitely a top 6 forward but i think Byfield is a much much more interesting choice to make. much higher upside. Byfield is so young, still so much upside. someday i believe he could go number 1 overall in a re-draft.

Byfield seems amazing and I can totally buy into him being akin to a first overall, but I still dont understand how anyone could argue Stutzle has similar potential. Fast, smart, the best passer of the three, many have said he has the best puck control of the three. I dont see anything that says risk about him.

What makes him a risk?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

No chance.

That's it to move 1 huge space?  That's a big space too.  They'd be better off talking to Detroit or...us at 5...

But what would that cost

Islanders 1st
5th overall

Plus wolanin

More?  I dunno, probably the high 2nd rounder too.  That is a Dung ton to give up

if that's what it costs then it's too high.

especially that lately a lot has been made to reduce that gap between Strutzle and Byfield.
i don't see a reason to include the NYI pick (and that would be more than enough)

max would be for the 2nd overall: the 3rd overall, the highest 2nd rounder and someone like Wolanin.

i'm comfortable with that even though it's a bit of an overpayment.

you're correct though that Detroit would likely be forced to pay more but what can they offer? their 2nd rounder? do they have a better D-man prospect to offer over Wolanin? (Seider is obviously off the table)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stutzle is a guaranteed top line star imo

He's 3rd for me

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Byfield seems amazing andI can totally buy into him being akin to a first overall, but I still dont understand how anyone could argue Stutzle has similar potential.  Fast, smart, the best passer of the three, many have said he has the best puck control of the three.  I dont see anything that says risk about him.

What makes him a risk?
personally, it's the league he plays in and how he plays. i don't think(from what I've read) that he's matured enough in his play to be called a definite C in the NHL. he's flashy and great with the puck but not that type of translation that necessarily works as a C in the NHL.

the upside of Byfield is a top 10 C in the league IMO. do most of anything to acquire that pick. we have the assets in the form of picks. i'd rather get 3 amazing picks than 5 pretty good picks. it's just where we are at filling our roster.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:stutzle is a guaranteed top line star imo

He's 3rd for me

probably so. i don't think he's not a guaranteed top6. most probably a top line winger. i just think Byfield is that Elite C that puts us over the top to win a cup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

He's 3rd for me

probably so. i don't think he's not a guaranteed top6. most probably a top line winger. i just think Byfield is that Elite C that puts us over the top to win a cup.

Given the choice, I'd draft byfield over Stutzle as well (with a very limited knowledge of them). But with that said, I think Stutzle in his own will be a player they'll talk about a lot in this draft class. Explosive speed with best in class hands = look the Diddle out. Just gonna burn so many of his peers over the course of a season or a series. One last growth spurt would be nice though.

But yes, byfield seems to be the consensus 2nd overall pick and I'm inclined to believe it. Wish we could have seen more of him in the juniors.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He's 3rd for me

Given the choice, I'd draft byfield over Stutzle as well (with a very limited knowledge of them).   But with that said, I think Stutzle in his own will be a player they'll talk about a lot in this draft class.  Explosive speed with best in class hands = look the Diddle out.  Just gonna burn so many of his peers over the course of a season or a series.  One last growth spurt would be nice though.

But yes, byfield seems to be the consensus 2nd overall pick and I'm inclined to believe it.  Wish we could have seen more of him in the juniors.

i think the big surpises of the top part of the draft would be Rossi and Perfetti.

i think both have a high percentage of success and surpassing the expectations some limit them to in their potential.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We'll end up with one of Stutzle/Byfield and Rossi/Raymond/Perfetti/Drysdale. Not a bad day. I am more upset that a TBC team won the lottery. IMO that's just wrong.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Biggest losers of the night were definitely the Wings.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

LA can be swayed to move down in the draft and the Wings may gravitate towards taking Drysdale at #4. They could also be interested in Askarov - maybe not at the #4 spot - but there could be a little movement.

I think we'll end up being happy with who we get. If we end up with Stutzle over Byfield it's hard to think the Sens won't take a center at #5. But I can't help but feel we take Drysdale at 5

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Our only hope is the Kings realizing they already have insane C’s and C depth in their prospect pool and they actually take Drysdale or a W.

It’s still Byfield though.
Im late to the party.
Im so relieved that we at least got the 3rd.

Speaking of the kings pick... no one else think that Dorion will package a 2nd rounder to move up one spot and grab Byfield to assure himself they grab him while after that I DGAF who the kings draft?

I do. And I think the Kings may do it because the should want Drysdale.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No matter what, we get 2 game changers and one very good player with the Isles pick. The only reason to be upset at whoever we pick is because all the time we’ve invested with the player we hope they choose, doesn’t get picked by us.

I don’t want Stutzle, but I still think he can be a very good player with us.

Until we know who we draft, I’d just be getting upset for no reason.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum