GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Top Prospect #2

+9
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
wprager
SensFan71
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Senators Top Prospect #2

Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap247%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 47% [ 21 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap27%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap229%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 13 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 2 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap22%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_lcap22%Senators Top Prospect #2 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With a day left for voting, Erik Karlsson has garnered a shocking 73% of the votes to win the top Senators Prospect by a landslide.

From various comments, people think he'll be a 'top pairing D-man', 'possible all-star', in the mold of a 'Rafalski'.

On the advice of PKC, we urge people to write what they think the prospect will get to. For example:

Erik Karlsson, top pairing D-man, offensive, 50+ point plateau.

Also, write which player you want to see next on the list.

I added Andre Petersson this time around.

2Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Senators Top Prospects:

1.Erik Karlsson

3Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung :^^^^: I can't make up my mind. Coin flip...no...more thought required.

4Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Patersson. After seeing him at training camp, I think he will be a great addition to the team. Great in the shoot out too. :KKK:

5Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I took Zubov because I believe he is the most "developed" player in the system. He could easily fit into a Top 6 spot on many NHL teams.

6Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ElliottRules wrote:Patersson. After seeing him at training camp, I think he will be a great addition to the team. Great in the shoot out too. :KKK:

Yeah, he's diddling amazing at stickhandling. He's actually very impressive so far.

7Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I have to go for Regin on this one. It's close for me though, it was between him and Wiericoch.

8Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I picked Regin as I believe he is most ready to play the NHL game at this point. I am saying this though without having seeing the others in action and just seeing the limited games Regin played last year.

9Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:08 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Where's Shira (Don't know how to spell his name) on this? That kid looks like he will be an incredible puck mover.

10Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Where's Shira (Don't know how to spell his name) on this? That kid looks like he will be an incredible puck mover.

Yeah...he's a project, we'll see how he develops. I doubt he makes the top 20 prospect for the Sens personally.

I have one vote for him from you, but we need to add Silfverberg, Gryba, Hoffman, Cowick etc. etc. etc.

11Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Help! I'm stuck between two guys. confused

12Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch for me. Right up there with Cowen, but I picked Patrick for two reasons:
1. I think he'll be ready sooner.
2. I think he will contribute more to the offense.

What he has done at DU should raise eyebrows. He was a freshman (rookie) and put up a PPG in a league with no secondary assists. I saw him live at the development camp and he has a serious scoring touch. He's big, very fast for his size and I still say without a doubt he can do better right now than Lee, Bell and Picard did last year. In other words, he's ready now. No, I don't expect him to come in and dominate, but pair him up with Phillips and you will not be disappointed. Maybe the Big Rig will get rejuvenated himself and put up some points again, while teaching Patrick how to play against the big boys of the NHL.

If he goes back to DU he definitely has a shot at the Hobey Baker. Other than that, I don't know -- is Denver good enough to challenge for anything in the playoffs? If not, then his development will benefit from being here or in Bingo.

Top-pairing for sure, with an upside of 50+ points. We will have three of those (top-pairing) in a few years. It'll be like having Niedermayer, Pronger and Lidstrom.

OK, I think I just got myself in trouble with that last statement :oops: .

13Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Help! I'm stuck between two guys. confused
Heh heh.

14Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Help! I'm stuck between two guys. confused
Heh heh.

That's like me saying that the Flyers better hope that Pronger has little bit of Chelios in him.

15Senators Top Prospect #2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #2 Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay...this was a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be.

I'm going with Wiercioch. I feel he has so much untapped potential that if he's handled properly and developed well, might turn out to be the best of the Big 3 on D. I like his speed, love his puck handling, he's got a silky smooth outlet pass and a decent shot.

This isn't based on seeing him that much, I think I've seen him in the flesh twice, but nonetheless, I see this kid with an upside of a Jay Bouwmeester. Someone who can be defensively responsible, but also an offensive threat due to his pass.

Another reason I'm putting him up here is his hockey IQ, which, from what I've heard and read, is very high. And as we all know, hockey IQ is so tremendously important to young D-men. Physically, he's 6'4", 200+ pounds and when he's done, he could make it to 6'5", 220 and still be fast.

I like the sound of that.

If he's not paired with Karlsson (Cowen might get that assignment), we'll be looking at the penultimate number 3 D-man IMO. But with perseverance and hard work, he has the potential to be a number one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum