GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Top Prospect #3

+17
jawal
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SMcL88
beerandsens
LeCaptain
Riprock
caissie_1
SensFan71
Mojo
The Silfer Server
PKC
Tuk Tuk
M_Christopher
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POLL: Senators Top Prospect #3

Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_lcap23%Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_lcap215%Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 5 ]
Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_lcap273%Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_rcap2 73% [ 24 ]
Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_lcap23%Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This means:

-who you think has the best potential in the long run. The blue-chippers. The guys who are our jewels in the crown.

So far we have:

1.Erik Karlsson
2.Jared Cowen

I decided not to put Bass on the list. I feel as if he's 'graduated' even though he's only played 33 games.

2Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen won by a hair. I believe I set the poll to end at midnight, so it looks like he's in.

I can see this for sure. I had a hell of a time deciding between him and Wiercioch. I think in the long run Cowen will probably be more noticeable and effective. I like Wiercioch a lot though. If he continues to get better... Ahhhhh!

Anyway, I'm definitely voting Wiercioch. If he didn't get 2, I think he's a lock for 3.

3Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Speaking of prospects.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Christopher/Current-plans-for-the-prospects-Part1/121/22195

Just a quick plug :___:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

4Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Weirdcrotch. I would have put him above Cowan.

5Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:47 pm

I am a bit worried we seem to have limited confidence in our forward prospects...

we haven't had a stud forward come up though the ranks in a while...

6Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:Speaking of prospects.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Christopher/Current-plans-for-the-prospects-Part1/121/22195

Just a quick plug :___:

Yeah I read it. Quite good. I think they might take a little extra time, 2 years for Cowen and Wiercioch to make the NHL IMO, but it would be a nice surprise if they stepped in next year.

7Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:I am a bit worried we seem to have limited confidence in our forward prospects...

What forward prospects? Sarcasm

That's the problems that Muckler left behind. Murray's taken care of the D, now the forwards will have to be looked into (elite prospects that is). I would guess that's why Murray signed the 3 forwards to long, big $$ contracts, he had nothing in the system to replace them until their contracts were up.

8Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:59 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I am a bit worried we seem to have limited confidence in our forward prospects...

What forward prospects? Sarcasm

That's the problems that Muckler left behind. Murray's taken care of the D, now the forwards will have to be looked into (elite prospects that is). I would guess that's why Murray signed the 3 forwards to long, big $$ contracts, he had nothing in the system to replace them until their contracts were up.

I think if Heatley does get traded a young stud and prospect would be imperative. Th Edmonton deal would have been okay IMO (Eklund is suggesting that EDM has sorta given up). I think we could have whipped Penner into shape. We have NEVER had a forward of his size that could play in the top six. That would change our dynamic a bit, provided we can get him back to his form of a couple of years ago.

9Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
I think if Heatley does get traded a young stud and prospect would be imperative. Th Edmonton deal would have been okay IMO (Eklund is suggesting that EDM has sorta given up). I think we could have whipped Penner into shape. We have NEVER had a forward of his size that could play in the top six. That would change our dynamic a bit, provided we can get him back to his form of a couple of years ago.

I think Cogliano fits, but I would sorely want Eberle back in a trade for Heatley. I realize we can't sub him in for Penner, but I would want him instead of Smid.

10Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:39 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm surprised Cowen was rated the second best prospect. I envision Cowen as the heir in waiting to Chris Phillips' role. An enviable, rock-solid shutdown defenseman with the panache for punishing forwards with his imposing physique.

But Weircioch, good Lord. If this guy keeps improving at the pace he is, he will be a Norris trophy calibre defenseman in the NHL. If developed properly and with the right set of circumstances (luck and hard work), he will be a formidable number 1 defenseman capable of putting up massive offensive numbers and playing shutdown hockey with the best of them.

The only reason I pegged Karlsson ahead of him is because of the fact that Karlsson is potentially more NHL ready at this point than Weircioch.

But in terms of the more complete, well-rounded defenseman, it's hard not to go with the 6'5", and still growing, monster capable of putting up a point per game in the NCAA in his freshman year.

The sky's the limit for Weircioch.

11Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:39 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I voted for Wiercioch last time... Since he lost, I will vote for him again this time... It's ok, I'm fine with giving him two of my votes.

12Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:48 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I envision Cowen to be more offensive than Phillips. I expect most people do too, and that's why he got 2nd. Now with the top two out of the way, I expect Wiercioch to be the runaway #3 in this poll.

13Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:02 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Wiercioch gets my vote to make a D clean sweep of the top 3.

14Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Weircioch no doubt...

15Senators Top Prospect #3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #3 Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:13 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I'll go with Patty on this one, though Zack Smith is probably our most NHL ready forward prospect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum