GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

LA can be swayed to move down in the draft and the Wings may gravitate towards taking Drysdale at #4. They could also be interested in Askarov - maybe not at the #4 spot - but there could be a little movement.

I think we'll end up being happy with who we get. If we end up with Stutzle over Byfield it's hard to think the Sens won't take a center at #5. But I can't help but feel we take Drysdale at 5

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Our only hope is the Kings realizing they already have insane C’s and C depth in their prospect pool and they actually take Drysdale or a W.

It’s still Byfield though.
Im late to the party.
Im so relieved that we at least got the 3rd.

Speaking of the kings pick... no one else think that Dorion will package a 2nd rounder to move up one spot and grab Byfield to assure himself they grab him while after that I DGAF who the kings draft?

I do. And I think the Kings may do it because the should want Drysdale.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

No matter what, we get 2 game changers and one very good player with the Isles pick. The only reason to be upset at whoever we pick is because all the time we’ve invested with the player we hope they choose, doesn’t get picked by us.

I don’t want Stutzle, but I still think he can be a very good player with us.

Until we know who we draft, I’d just be getting upset for no reason.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree though LA has 3 2nd rd picks as it is. May take the Isles first to move up (ie: 2nd for 5th+ Isles) which at that point I am not sure if it's worth it.

I think Detroit takes Drysdale though. They need a defenceman and with Seider already in their system they can shore up their defense quite a bit.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I could get quite excited about drafting Stutzle and Rossi.  Especially with guys like Tkachuk and Batherson and Formenton and Duclair and Norris.

i'm so uncertain about Struzle. i just don't think he's a C.
I really like Rossi but i'm uncertain he can be a real #1 C but he's a terrefic number 2 and as some have spoken could also be a great top line winger if not a C.

such hard choices... i'm gonna keep hoping Dorion wrangles that 2nd overall or by some idiotic turn of luck, LA doesn't choose Byfield.  

Funny, I've like Stutzle since I first started reading about the top 5.  Why are you uncertain about him?  Everything about him screams slick, solid, star player.

In short, Stutzle turns the puck over a lot. He’s normally the one to then outwork the opposition to regain control of the puck himself due to the slower transition game in his league. That won’t happen in the NHL.

Also, Stützle has a style, a fixation on certain plays. His wide-glide tripod stance prevents him from adjusting mid-move, and his love of handling the puck and failing to scan before or as he receives possession prevents him from adapting to the play around him. Again, the style that makes him great, will lead to issues in the NHL. He’s not overly deceptive and he can’t adjust that well. Many of his strengths appear on the same plays as his flaws. Bad habits are tough to break, and Stützle has a tonne.

He’s also shown an ability to break bad habits. The growth of Stützle’s inside game this season, from passively playing along the perimeter to frequently looking to attack the inside, highlights as much. Improvement is required, but a change in mindset isn’t easy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s totally awesome that Detroit didn’t get a top 3. Screw them.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:It’s totally awesome that Detroit didn’t get a top 3. Screw them.

I agree.

I’m very annoyed about the first overall though. It just shows the way the draft lottery is organized that it doesn’t work. It was set up to make sure no one tanks for the first overall, not to reward teams with a pick they clearly do not deserve at their stage of competing when they are good enough to make the playoffs.
If edmonton, Pittsburg or toronto somehow wind up winning it, I’m going to be very upset.

If Montréal wins I can live with it. They’ve not made the best choices  at drafting in the last decade when they’ve had high picks and maybe that’s just a little consolation prize. Still, it will come back to haunt us.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There needs some hard reforms to this lottery system and TBH I’m very surprised that hasn’t happened yet. You’d think there’d be an appetite for it with Edmonton and NJ getting it. This doesn’t encourage parity

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Edmonton won’t lose to Chicago. I just hope it goes to a team in the west

I will now consider Rossi for 5th knowing that we are likely to get a 1C at #3. I don’t think they’ll take him but I’d consider it. I’d rather have Perfetti, but to each their own.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Edmonton won’t lose to Chicago. I just hope it goes to a team in the west

I will now consider Rossi for 5th knowing that we are likely to get a 1C at #3. I don’t think they’ll take him but I’d consider it. I’d rather have Perfetti, but to each their own.

Who is the 1C we are likely to get at #3?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did you guys realize that we might not have the isles pick this year if the isles loose the play in and they win the second lottery?
Man Dorion should have fought not to have that pick protected... 🙄

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

One thing for sure is we are about to find out how predictably wrong McKenzie was putting Stutzle at 2. It is perfectly set up for L.A. to take someone other than Byfield at 2 because L.A. does not need a C. If they end up taking Byfield, that proves how head and shoulders Byfield is above Stutzle.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Did you guys realize that we might not have the isles pick this year if the isles loose the play in and they win the second lottery?

Yup. And the Isles won’t give us as good of a pick next year with Lafreniere on their squad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Did you guys realize that we might not have the isles pick this year if the isles loose the play in and they win the second lottery?

No chance he could have done that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:One thing for sure is we are about to find out how predictably wrong McKenzie was putting Stutzle at 2. It is perfectly set up for L.A. to take someone other than Byfield at 2 because L.A. does not need a C. If they end up taking Byfield, that proves how head and shoulders Byfield is above Stutzle.

It's not his opinion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:One thing for sure is we are about to find out how predictably wrong McKenzie was putting Stutzle at 2. It is perfectly set up for L.A. to take someone other than Byfield at 2 because L.A. does not need a C. If they end up taking Byfield, that proves how head and shoulders Byfield is above Stutzle.

It's not his opinion.

I know. He published it after 2 scouts trolled him though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's not his opinion.

I know. He published it after 2 scouts trolled him though.

Hockey prospect has Stutzle #2 as well

We're going to get byfiekd or stutzle + Drysdale or Raymond my guess

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Don’t think you’d ever compete for a cup with Rossi as your top C.

Brayden Point says hello. He’s one inch taller than Rossi, 6 years older than Rossi and 20 pounds lighter than Rossi.

I think Rossi will be just fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum