GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:One thing for sure is we are about to find out how predictably wrong McKenzie was putting Stutzle at 2. It is perfectly set up for L.A. to take someone other than Byfield at 2 because L.A. does not need a C. If they end up taking Byfield, that proves how head and shoulders Byfield is above Stutzle.

It's not his opinion.

I know. He published it after 2 scouts trolled him though.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:One thing for sure is we are about to find out how predictably wrong McKenzie was putting Stutzle at 2. It is perfectly set up for L.A. to take someone other than Byfield at 2 because L.A. does not need a C. If they end up taking Byfield, that proves how head and shoulders Byfield is above Stutzle.

It's not his opinion.

Hockey prospect has Stutzle #2 as well

We're going to get byfiekd or stutzle + Drysdale or Raymond my guess

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Don’t think you’d ever compete for a cup with Rossi as your top C.

Brayden Point says hello. He’s one inch taller than Rossi, 6 years older than Rossi and 20 pounds lighter than Rossi.

I think Rossi will be just fine.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's not his opinion.

Sure, we’ll see. LA has the 2 spot and has no use for a C ranked at 3 and when the already have
• Kopitar
• Turcotte
• Vilardi
• Madden
• JAD
• Kupari
• Thomas
So I guess we will see if they take a C ranked 3rd, when they desperately need a W or D.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's not his opinion.

I don't think they draft a d-man with Chabot locked up long term and Wolanin, JBD (RHD), Thomson (RHD), Brannstrom (RHD?) already in the system. Chabot plays 30 mins a night as it is. I imagine they do something to add a RHD via trade that can play equivalent minutes in more of a shutdown role - especially with Zaitsev and Zub signed.

I don't see Pinto or Brown moving to the wing either. If LA takes Byfield then I think we end up taking Stutzle and Rossi - if we get Byfield then I think we end up taking Raymond as well. I feel as though Rossi will be available at #5 given that LA should and will probably take Drysdale

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

It's not his opinion.

I don't think they draft a d-man with Chabot locked up long term and Wolanin, JBD (RHD), Thomson (RHD), Brannstrom (RHD?) already in the system. Chabot plays 30 mins a night as it is. I imagine they do something to add a RHD via trade that can play equivalent minutes in more of a shutdown role - especially with Zaitsev and Zub signed.

I don't see Pinto or Brown moving to the wing either. If LA takes Byfield then I think we end up taking Stutzle and Rossi - if we get Byfield then I think we end up taking Raymond as well. I feel as though Rossi will be available at #5 given that LA should and will probably take Drysdale

listening to friedman's interview with Rob Blake it sounds like they will go after the BPA(and i know that could be talk). that's not likely to be Drysdale. they could use their C depth to trade for some D afterward so it's far from certain that they pass on Byfield.
i'll be over the moon if the sens get Byfield. but listening to a few podcasts and discussions it sounds like sens are really hot for strutzle and Drysdale which worries me a little.

i've said it before, if the sens wind up drafting Drysdale with the 5th it's because they feel JBD might not be all in to be a sens. if we have the option of strutzle and Byfield thrown at us and we take strutzle I'm gonna be pissed.

the mission should be Byfield and then a complementary winger(raymond or perfetti) or Rossi with the 5th. everything is set up for a killer draft for us. especially if the isle don't win the lottery. no way does Dorion uses all those 2nd rounders. he's going to make a move to move picks up in the draft. either that isles pick or get a 4rth 1st rounder by packaging up 2nds.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Buffalo is another team that intrigues me. They need to do something to get their franchise headed in the right direction. They only have one 1st, one 2nd and 0 3rds. Depending on where the Isles finish, we may be able to flip them the Isles pick + two 2nds for the 8th overall. Ristolainen would be a short-term fix to add to our blueline and he's signed for two more years after this season. Maybe there's a deal to be made there too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And honestly, if we draft Drysdale I'll be pissed. Which means it's probably going to happen. I'm fine with Stutzle. He reminds me of Patrick Kane - I'll take that. But we need a #1 center and Stutzle is probably better off on the wing. We need Rossi if we don't land Byfield

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

You said a lot there and I rushed through it, but nothing stood out to me that I wanted to argue with right away. Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There is no reason to be mad if they draft Drysdale. He’d instantly be our second best D long term.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:There is no reason to be mad if they draft Drysdale. He’d instantly be our second best D long term.

We gave up Stone for Brannstrom, used two of our last three 1st rd picks to get RHD, and our highest paid player is our #1 dman. We don't need Drysdale and if we do it means there's no faith in our defensive depth. I know he's a good player but we need a #1C and a top-three forward way more than we need a top-two dman right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also can't see there being any issues with the Sens signing JBD. He's better off being the #1 dman on the #1 team in the NCAA than on Belleville. If they had concerns they'd have traded them by now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You don’t draft based on need and drafting a D would not mean that they don’t like their other d prospects. He’s better than all of them, so it doesn’t matter at all. It would be like saying don’t draft Lafreniere because we have Tkachuk and Formenton.

If Drysdale is their BPA you take him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's the difference between a JBD and a Drysdale. Probably not too too much. Not sure I'd waste a top five pick on someone marginally better

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the difference between a JBD and a Drysdale. Probably not too too much. Not sure I'd waste a top five pick on someone marginally better

Completely disagree. it's a huge difference offensively. They're on completely different prospect tiers. You're severely underrating Drysdale.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the difference between a JBD and a Drysdale. Probably not too too much. Not sure I'd waste a top five pick on someone marginally better

Completely disagree. it's a huge difference offensively. They're on completely different prospect tiers. You're severely underrating Drysdale.

Perhaps I'm undervaluing Drysdale as a prospect but I'm saying the 15-20 points that Drysdale may generate more than JBD, hell I'll even spot him 30 points, isn't worth the 60+ points I would expect Raymond or Rossi to produce. JBD was used as a shutdown d-man on Team Canada. I don't think anyone should undervalue what he can produce offensively. He had very good numbers at UND

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Buffalo is another team that intrigues me. They need to do something to get their franchise headed in the right direction. They only have one 1st, one 2nd and 0 3rds. Depending on where the Isles finish, we may be able to flip them the Isles pick + two 2nds for the 8th overall. Ristolainen would be a short-term fix to add to our blueline and he's signed for two more years after this season. Maybe there's a deal to be made there too.

from what i understand they are more interested in getting NHL bodies back for that 8th overall and then getting more picks

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And honestly, if we draft Drysdale I'll be pissed. Which means it's probably going to happen. I'm fine with Stutzle. He reminds me of Patrick Kane - I'll take that. But we need a #1 center and Stutzle is probably better off on the wing. We need Rossi if we don't land Byfield

those are exactly my thoughts.

it's weird because so many people think Stutzle will go 2nd (and that's fine with me) and then i heard Yzerman may really want Perfetti. that would really open up the doors to really land two C's for us in byfield and Rossi.

that's exactly what i want. i just hope Dorion calms his hard on for Drysdale

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum