GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 57 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the difference between a JBD and a Drysdale. Probably not too too much. Not sure I'd waste a top five pick on someone marginally better

Completely disagree. it's a huge difference offensively. They're on completely different prospect tiers. You're severely underrating Drysdale.

Perhaps I'm undervaluing Drysdale as a prospect but I'm saying the 15-20 points that Drysdale may generate more than JBD, hell I'll even spot him 30 points, isn't worth the 60+ points I would expect Raymond or Rossi to produce. JBD was used as a shutdown d-man on Team Canada. I don't think anyone should undervalue what he can produce offensively. He had very good numbers at UND

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Buffalo is another team that intrigues me. They need to do something to get their franchise headed in the right direction. They only have one 1st, one 2nd and 0 3rds. Depending on where the Isles finish, we may be able to flip them the Isles pick + two 2nds for the 8th overall. Ristolainen would be a short-term fix to add to our blueline and he's signed for two more years after this season. Maybe there's a deal to be made there too.

from what i understand they are more interested in getting NHL bodies back for that 8th overall and then getting more picks

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And honestly, if we draft Drysdale I'll be pissed. Which means it's probably going to happen. I'm fine with Stutzle. He reminds me of Patrick Kane - I'll take that. But we need a #1 center and Stutzle is probably better off on the wing. We need Rossi if we don't land Byfield

those are exactly my thoughts.

it's weird because so many people think Stutzle will go 2nd (and that's fine with me) and then i heard Yzerman may really want Perfetti. that would really open up the doors to really land two C's for us in byfield and Rossi.

that's exactly what i want. i just hope Dorion calms his hard on for Drysdale

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:There is no reason to be mad if they draft Drysdale. He’d instantly be our second best D long term.

We gave up Stone for Brannstrom, used two of our last three 1st rd picks to get RHD, and our highest paid player is our #1 dman. We don't need Drysdale and if we do it means there's no faith in our defensive depth. I know he's a good player but we need a #1C and a top-three forward way more than we need a top-two dman right now.

thats exaclty my train of thought. which make me wonder if there's something up with JBD if they think the need another RHD. Dorion said they'd draft the BPA but he also said that they need to think of what the team needs 3 years down the road.
to me the BPA is a crock of Dung they say so other teams are fearful they could draft their guy and therefore are willing to make trades. I don't buy it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the difference between a JBD and a Drysdale. Probably not too too much. Not sure I'd waste a top five pick on someone marginally better

the difference is the offence. JBD won't be a high offense guy at the NHL level. i wouldn't be fooled with his improvements. he could be a solid #2 guy to play with Chabot. isn't he more a comparison to Sanderson?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They do need RHD. JBD is not at Drysdales level. Him being drafted would have nothing to do with JBD. Both forwards and D are needs. That’s why they will go with BPA like they will with Byfield or Stutzle. Again this would be like saying don’t draft Byfield because you have Norris.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If they went that route, Drysdale would literally be the best D prospect they ever drafted at the time of the draft and the D corps would be one of the best in the nhl in a few years imo. Either way you’re getting a potential star at 5 with Raymond, Perfetti, Drysdale , or Sanderson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

We are getting two stars no matter what. Let’s just remember that.

JBD can’t hold a candle to Drysdale yet I still don’t want Drysdale. Take the two forwards while you can and then next year, there are 4 Drysdale’s available in the 2021 class.

Problem solved and if there are JBD signing issues, we will know by then. Once again, problem solved.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Don’t think you’d ever compete for a cup with Rossi as your top C.

Brayden Point says hello. He’s one inch taller than Rossi, 6 years older than Rossi and 20 pounds lighter than Rossi.

I think Rossi will be just fine.

Isn't Stamkos their 1C? I know he plays wrong on the PP but he's still a center.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Don’t think you’d ever compete for a cup with Rossi as your top C.

Brayden Point says hello. He’s one inch taller than Rossi, 6 years older than Rossi and 20 pounds lighter than Rossi.

I think Rossi will be just fine.

Isn't Stamkos their 1C? I know he plays wrong on the PP but he's still a center.

No. Point is the EV C for for Kucherov and Palat mostly. When Stamkos takes Palat’s spot on that line, they share duties. Cirelli is their most trusted C though, but that’s not the point.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And honestly, if we draft Drysdale I'll be pissed. Which means it's probably going to happen. I'm fine with Stutzle. He reminds me of Patrick Kane - I'll take that. But we need a #1 center and Stutzle is probably better off on the wing. We need Rossi if we don't land Byfield

it's weird because so many people think Stutzle will go 2nd (and that's fine with me) and then i heard Yzerman may really want Perfetti. that would really open up the doors to really land two C's for us in byfield and Rossi.

I can see Detroit and LA trading. Detroit gets Stutzle , LA gets Drysdale. We are left with Byfield and Raymond/Rossi and we use the isles pick plus some seconds plus Logan brown to get the Buffalo #8 and we get Sanderson or whatever is left from perfetti, Holtz, Lundell etc

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If that happens, my signature becomes permanent.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:If that happens, my signature becomes permanent.

Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I can see Detroit and LA trading. Detroit gets Stutzle , LA gets Drysdale. We are left with Byfield and Raymond/Rossi and we use the isles pick plus some seconds plus Logan brown to get the Buffalo #8 and we get Sanderson or whatever is left from perfetti, Holtz, Lundell etc

It is a possibility that Detroit trades with LA, I'm just not sure what they have to offer to make that happen. LA doesn't need any more 2nd rounders.

As for the Buffalo Pick, I agree with your enthusiasm, I just don't know that Logan Brown entices them. Maybe I'm wrong. I think they will want an established NHL player and I think some of the cap teams might be better placed to offer them what they are looking for.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Buffalo needs help everywhere. Eichel clearly running the show in Buffalo. I'm sure Eichel and Browns paths have crossed in the past. They can use the seconds and ristolainen to add ? I dunno. Just throwing things out there

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I could get quite excited about drafting Stutzle and Rossi.  Especially with guys like Tkachuk and Batherson and Formenton and Duclair and Norris.

i'm so uncertain about Struzle. i just don't think he's a C.
I really like Rossi but i'm uncertain he can be a real #1 C but he's a terrefic number 2 and as some have spoken could also be a great top line winger if not a C.

such hard choices... i'm gonna keep hoping Dorion wrangles that 2nd overall or by some idiotic turn of luck, LA doesn't choose Byfield.  

Funny, I've like Stutzle since I first started reading about the top 5.  Why are you uncertain about him?  Everything about him screams slick, solid, star player.

In short, Stutzle turns the puck over a lot. He’s normally the one to then outwork the opposition to regain control of the puck himself due to the slower transition game in his league. That won’t happen in the NHL.

Also, Stützle has a style, a fixation on certain plays. His wide-glide tripod stance prevents him from adjusting mid-move, and his love of handling the puck and failing to scan before or as he receives possession prevents him from adapting to the play around him. Again, the style that makes him great, will lead to issues in the NHL. He’s not overly deceptive and he can’t adjust that well. Many of his strengths appear on the same plays as his flaws. Bad habits are tough to break, and Stützle has a tonne.

He’s also shown an ability to break bad habits. The growth of Stützle’s inside game this season, from passively playing along the perimeter to frequently looking to attack the inside, highlights as much. Improvement is required, but a change in mindset isn’t easy.

I think as he matures those are very reversible traits, especially when you have best in class hands and speed. It's the decisions in the nhl that leads to the puck being poked away and odd man rushes for sure, but as you stated there, that was something most thought would not only be rectified but completely changed to a more aggressive attack where the puck wont be stolen as often.

But again, I'm just regurgitating scouts analysis on him. He certainly sounded amazing to me personally. A solid 80 to 90 point guy for the next decade unless something goes hugely wrong.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Again, I like Stutzle. He’s going to be a one dimensional star. He won’t be a superstar I don’t think and it won’t be easy for him, but he will be a star. I like Rossi more. I like Raymond more.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Everyone please vote.

https://twitter.com/dennistfp/status/1277618077983600641?s=21

The right answer is Drysdale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum