GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I could get quite excited about drafting Stutzle and Rossi.  Especially with guys like Tkachuk and Batherson and Formenton and Duclair and Norris.

i'm so uncertain about Struzle. i just don't think he's a C.
I really like Rossi but i'm uncertain he can be a real #1 C but he's a terrefic number 2 and as some have spoken could also be a great top line winger if not a C.

such hard choices... i'm gonna keep hoping Dorion wrangles that 2nd overall or by some idiotic turn of luck, LA doesn't choose Byfield.  

Funny, I've like Stutzle since I first started reading about the top 5.  Why are you uncertain about him?  Everything about him screams slick, solid, star player.

In short, Stutzle turns the puck over a lot. He’s normally the one to then outwork the opposition to regain control of the puck himself due to the slower transition game in his league. That won’t happen in the NHL.

Also, Stützle has a style, a fixation on certain plays. His wide-glide tripod stance prevents him from adjusting mid-move, and his love of handling the puck and failing to scan before or as he receives possession prevents him from adapting to the play around him. Again, the style that makes him great, will lead to issues in the NHL. He’s not overly deceptive and he can’t adjust that well. Many of his strengths appear on the same plays as his flaws. Bad habits are tough to break, and Stützle has a tonne.

He’s also shown an ability to break bad habits. The growth of Stützle’s inside game this season, from passively playing along the perimeter to frequently looking to attack the inside, highlights as much. Improvement is required, but a change in mindset isn’t easy.

I think as he matures those are very reversible traits, especially when you have best in class hands and speed. It's the decisions in the nhl that leads to the puck being poked away and odd man rushes for sure, but as you stated there, that was something most thought would not only be rectified but completely changed to a more aggressive attack where the puck wont be stolen as often.

But again, I'm just regurgitating scouts analysis on him. He certainly sounded amazing to me personally. A solid 80 to 90 point guy for the next decade unless something goes hugely wrong.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Again, I like Stutzle. He’s going to be a one dimensional star. He won’t be a superstar I don’t think and it won’t be easy for him, but he will be a star. I like Rossi more. I like Raymond more.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Everyone please vote.

https://twitter.com/dennistfp/status/1277618077983600641?s=21

The right answer is Drysdale.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

it's so hard to know what Detroit and LA do. Lots of chatter online about LA wanting to take Byfield but their needs are a winger and d-man. According to Sam Cosentino, Detroit apparently wants to take Perfetti and their need is also a d-man.

I am happy with Stutzle but if we draft Rossi and Byfield I'd be over the moon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd be really happy with Stuts and Drysdale/Rossi. Goodness that sets us up for a decade right there. Especially with Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown (maybe), Norris, Pinto, Brannstrom, Chabot, JBD, Thomson etc.

Let's do this!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I'd be really happy with Stuts and Drysdale/Rossi.  Goodness that sets us up for a decade right there.  Especially with Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown (maybe), Norris, Pinto, Brannstrom, Chabot, JBD, Thomson etc.

Let's do this!

I’d be really happy if L.A. assistant coach and German born Marco Sturm leads the Kings to the podium and announces they have drafted fellow German Tim Stutzle. Tim Apple Strudel from here on out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One thing is for sure - there won’t be a podium this year 😂

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I'd be really happy with Stuts and Drysdale/Rossi.  Goodness that sets us up for a decade right there.  Especially with Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown (maybe), Norris, Pinto, Brannstrom, Chabot, JBD, Thomson etc.

Let's do this!

I'd much prefer we stay away from Drysdale only because we have a lot of depth in that position right now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:One thing is for sure - there won’t be a podium this year 😂

Hopefully they figure out how to do a proper video conference broadcast. The friggin' Sportsnet draft lottery broadcast was amateur hour. Like, I host team meetings with my group that are more well produced.

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Let's do this!

I'd much prefer we stay away from Drysdale only because we have a lot of depth in that position right now

Meh, I'm not convinced of our prospect depth on D. We have a lot of "good" prospects...I'm not sure I see much "great" potential-wise. I'm happier with our star-potential on wing and in goal than our D.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

Let's do this!

I’d be really happy if L.A. assistant coach and German born Marco Sturm leads the Kings to the podium and announces they have drafted fellow German Tim Stutzle. Tim Apple Strudel from here on out.

I was just thinking that. or there's a chance Detroit wants that exact scenario and they trade up to grab him at number 2 if LA is quite happy with nabbing a Dman.

there is a good chance we do wind up with Byfield. And i'm gonna be greedy here but I imagine we will wind up with Rossi with the 5th. Don't Diddle it up Dorion

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That’s not being greedy. Rossi will not be picked top 5 IMO. If I’m wrong I’ll write “Ev is a Cussing idiot and Rossi is a stud” in my signature

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:One thing is for sure - there won’t be a podium this year 😂

Hopefully they figure out how to do a proper video conference broadcast.  The friggin' Sportsnet draft lottery broadcast was amateur hour. Like, I host team meetings with my group that are more well produced.

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Let's do this!

Meh, I'm not convinced of our prospect depth on D.  We have a lot of "good" prospects...I'm not sure I see much "great" potential-wise.  I'm happier with our star-potential on wing and in goal than our D.

i'll agree that we could use another top D prospect but as it's been pointed out on this board, we will have a much better opportunity to grab someone else next year. I'll be surprised if we don't draft in the top 5 next year.

as for our needs, it's elite top C talent that we could really use. if we can nab Rossi than some of those C's (like Rossi /White/Norris/Pinto) can all shift to the wing. this is our best opportunity to Nab Forwards for years to come then to just net another Dman. Now if we can move up that Isles pick to nab Askarov with all this there is going to be some discussions around the league on which team has the best prospects system in the NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:That’s not being greedy. Rossi will not be picked top 5 IMO. If I’m wrong I’ll write “Ev is a Cussing idiot and Rossi is a stud” in my signature

please add Flo to that signature.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

Let's do this!

Certainly, I'd prefer that. Byfield will be a big boy to contain in the East.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Byfield has been my target for years. I’d be so pumped if it happens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I certainly think I'd be happier with Byfield than Stutzle, but that's mainly because I know nothing about Stutzle and his 7 goals.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I certainly think I'd be happier with Byfield than Stutzle, but that's mainly because I know nothing about Stutzle and his 7 goals.

Haha. There’s a reason I nicknamed him Apple Strudel.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I certainly think I'd be happier with Byfield than Stutzle, but that's mainly because I know nothing about Stutzle and his 7 goals.

It feels to me that Stutzle is the guy that just climbs up the ladder but there isn’t any games being played. I’ve heard more knocks on his game than on Byfield. The not consistent effort which is often knocked on byfield seems easily fixed. Especially when you factor how young he is and how much older every one is in comparison. When he rounds out to how old the other o wouldn’tbe surprised if he looks like a much better pick. I just hope we can ride the negativity into the draft so that whoever picks second stays fixated with Stutzle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum