GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I've recently heard some think Raymond isn't as a sure bet as some are making him out to be.

I really hope we can land Byfield and Rossi. If somehow we can't land Rossi with the 5th, then I hope we go after Perfetti.

Perfetti's a powerhouse too.  Yeah, lots to choose from, I must admit.  

Perfetti, IMO, is a guy that could go anywhere between 4 and 8. in all honesty whoever goes between 4 and 8 will depend on how teams have arranged who they prefer but the talent levels are very similar.

the one guy I fail to see how he fits in the top 8 is Sanderson. i mean, don't get me wrong, i think he'll be a terrific D-man and is a safe option, but it's the type of skill and player you can get further down in the draft. On a normal year with more quality D-men to choose from he would likely slide further down a little. The forwards, in my opinion, are of much higher quality in this draft.

I think the Sens know exactly who they want, I just have a feeling.  Who knows what that is.  Drysdale/Stuts probably, but who really knows...very interesting that 2 legit franchise players could be coming Ottawa's way in one draft, maybe 3 depending on the Isles pick.

The Isles pick is our wildcard for sure. Jarvis, Bourque, Brisson, Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Grans, Quinn, Bordeleau, Guhle, Gunler, or trade bait. Crazy that one of these guys will be our 3rd selection.

it really depends where that pick falls but I have a feeling Dorion will try to move that pick up wherever it falls. now I'm really hoping we also package two firsts to move into the late 1st round.

there are so many guys in the 1st round that I want. I wonder if Brisson could still be there with our 1st 2nd rounder?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I would like one of Drysdale, Sanderson, Raymond, Perfetti at 5

I have a feeling the sens are hot on Drysdale. I won't be disappointed if we have him in our system but I will that we passed on Rossi. In that group, I think I prefer Perfetti.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I've recently heard some think Raymond isn't as a sure bet as some are making him out to be.

I really hope we can land Byfield and Rossi. If somehow we can't land Rossi with the 5th, then I hope we go after Perfetti.

Perfetti, IMO, is a guy that could go anywhere between 4 and 8. in all honesty whoever goes between 4 and 8 will depend on how teams have arranged who they prefer but the talent levels are very similar.

the one guy I fail to see how he fits in the top 8 is Sanderson. i mean, don't get me wrong, i think he'll be a terrific D-man and is a safe option, but it's the type of skill and player you can get further down in the draft. On a normal year with more quality D-men to choose from he would likely slide further down a little. The forwards, in my opinion, are of much higher quality in this draft.

I think the Sens know exactly who they want, I just have a feeling.  Who knows what that is.  Drysdale/Stuts probably, but who really knows...very interesting that 2 legit franchise players could be coming Ottawa's way in one draft, maybe 3 depending on the Isles pick.

The Isles pick is our wildcard for sure. Jarvis, Bourque, Brisson, Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Grans, Quinn, Bordeleau, Guhle, Gunler, or trade bait. Crazy that one of these guys will be our 3rd selection.

it really depends where that pick falls but I have a feeling Dorion will try to move that pick up wherever it falls. now I'm really hoping we also package two firsts to move into the late 1st round.

there are so many guys in the 1st round that I want. I wonder if Brisson could still be there with our 1st 2nd rounder?

No way. Brisson is firmly in the 12-20ish blender.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

I have a feeling the sens are hot on Drysdale. I won't be disappointed if we have him in our system but I will that we passed on Rossi. In that group, I think I prefer Perfetti.

I hope not. The time for an elite D in next year when one of the 4 will basically fall into out lap without trying. Take the forward while you can.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

No way. Brisson is firmly in the 12-20ish blender.

most of the projections i've seen have him in the 20-30 range. although there are never any projections that are dead on. i'm hoping hes a guy(or Hendrix) that we could package up 2nds and nab with a 4rth 1st rounder.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I hope not. The time for an elite D in next year when one of the 4 will basically fall into out lap without trying. Take the forward while you can.

agreed. But there are people whispering that the Sens are really hot on Stuetzle and Byfield.

maybe the sens have quite a few forwards they like with the NYI pick and 2nd rounders. It's hard to say.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

agreed. But there are people whispering that the Sens are really hot on Stuetzle and Byfield.

maybe the sens have quite a few forwards they like with the NYI pick and 2nd rounders. It's hard to say.

I think a Freudian slip happened in your post.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Basing a pick on what might be available next year would be really dumb. There’s no way of knowing where the Sens will finish next season especially with a late January 2021 start. Pick the best player on your list, which could bet we’ll be Drysdale at 5

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The Sens amassed a bunch of picks for a reason. IMO the likelihood of them drafting 7 players in the first two rounds is very low. They could very well trade down to get 2nd overall pick and keep their 3rd overall pick, which means offering LA 5th and the Isles pick + for #2. LA has a deep prospect pool and drafted 3 centers in the first round in each of the last three drafts. If they're hot on Drysdale then maybe they roll the dice knowing that Detroit is high on Perfetti. They could get Drysdale - the player they need in this draft - and secure themselves another 1st rd pick.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The Sens amassed a bunch of picks for a reason. IMO the likelihood of them drafting 7 players in the first two rounds is very low. They could very well trade down to get 2nd overall pick and keep their 3rd overall pick, which means offering LA 5th and the Isles pick + for #2. LA has a deep prospect pool and drafted 3 centers in the first round in each of the last three drafts. If they're hot on Drysdale then maybe they roll the dice knowing that Detroit is high on Perfetti. They could get Drysdale - the player they need in this draft - and secure themselves another 1st rd pick.  

It would be almost impossible to handle the amount of contracts when that time comes. There is such a thing as too many picks and the Sens have that. They should be able to package and upgrade when they see fit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The kings have 3 second rounders. So I doubt they would need those. But that isles pick is interesting.
I don’t think they trade that 2nd overall. The backlash would be much. I think they sooner draft byfield or Stuetzle (less likely) and then use that depth at C to trade for a some young D. Drysdale is something special though. Anyone needing D is gonna be real happy with getting him.

Im gonna be upset if we walk away from this draft without a number 1 C prospect.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Basing a pick on what might be available next year would be really dumb. There’s no way of knowing where the Sens will finish next season especially with a late January 2021 start. Pick the best player on your list, which could bet we’ll be Drysdale at 5

I’m not. It’s BPA for me and when the tier is the same, take the positional need. Looking ahead isn’t a bad thing, it’s the smart thing. You don’t think people look ahead when they consider going after draft picks in trades? Of course they do, that’s why some trades picks have conditions.

My opinion is the Sens will get one of Power, Lambos, Hughes or Clarke next year. I can not see them finishing better than 2nd last again. Even if they lose the lottery, that’s still gets them 5th overall of one of those 4.

My opinion is the Sens will hit the cap floor with dead contracts and we will be just as excitingly bad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens will finish 8-10 last, you heard it here first. I had no expectations for this season, but I see them doing way better next year. Still not playoffs. And then we will win the lottery.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Depends on too many factors right now. Are we trading any picks for players? Etc etc etc

Someone was saying on Twitter that the Kings are in love with Stutzle, is there truth to that?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Depends on too many factors right now.  Are we trading any picks for players?  Etc etc etc

Someone was saying on Twitter that the Kings are in love with Stutzle,  is there truth to that?

I've heard the same about LA wanting him but as many have suggested, it's hard to pass up on Byfield. But LA needs a winger so Stutzle is a better fit there IMO. My fear is the Sens take Stutzle and try to force him as a center and it doesn't work. And they take Drysdale. We walk out of the draft without a #1C.

As I suggested, it would be interesting to see if the Sens could work something out with the Kings if they're high on Drysdale.

To Ottawa: 2nd overall
To LA: 5th overall, Isles 1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick, Balcers/Abramov

It's a good haul for moving down 3 spots

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You could spend all day reading scouting reports on byfield and Stützle and have them change your mind a thousand times. Some of Stützle's highlights are just jaw dropping.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:Depends on too many factors right now.  Are we trading any picks for players?  Etc etc etc

Someone was saying on Twitter that the Kings are in love with Stutzle,  is there truth to that?

I've heard the same about LA wanting him but as many have suggested, it's hard to pass up on Byfield. But LA needs a winger so Stutzle is a better fit there IMO. My fear is the Sens take Stutzle and try to force him as a center and it doesn't work. And they take Drysdale. We walk out of the draft without a #1C.

As I suggested, it would be interesting to see if the Sens could work something out with the Kings if they're high on Drysdale.

To Ottawa: 2nd overall
To LA: 5th overall, Isles 1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick, Balcers/Abramov

It's a good haul for moving down 3 spots

I dont care about balcers and Abramov in this scenario, but that islanders 1st and a 2nd are a lot, but then...ottawa comes out with the 2 big forward prospects.

Hard to say...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree. Stutzle is amazing. But he's doing it on international ice as a winger. In a faster, bigger league with less time and ice, I have my concerns about converting him to a center.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum