GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 32]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Game 7. Finally. Round 2 has been a bit of a dud.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Game 7. Finally. Round 2 has been a bit of a dud.

This game is a total dud too

Hoping for a rangers stars final

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow rangers played like complete garbage and win in OT. Zibanejad and Panarin have been terrible

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Panthers skaters have been the better team for sure. But your goalie is part of your team, so ...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Panthers skaters have been the better team for sure.  But your goalie is part of your team, so ...

The goalie is but also isn’t really. They will not win the series if their offense doesn’t contribute. They do not look good right now.

Dallas-Florida would be a bettman dream finaln

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Panthers skaters have been the better team for sure.  But your goalie is part of your team, so ...

The goalie is but also isn’t really. They will not win the series if their offense doesn’t contribute. They do not look good right now.

Two no-tax states! I will say that I love how Dallas constructed their team. A lot through excellent drafting and brining in the right players via trade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Two no-tax states! I will say that I love how Dallas constructed their team. A lot through excellent drafting and brining in the right players via trade.

What they lack is true super star talent. Edmonton and Florida have that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tanev has been awful for Dallas. Anyone signing him to a long deal is nuts

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Tanev has been awful for Dallas. Anyone signing him to a long deal is nuts

Watch it be the Sens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it’s ridiculous to sign a defensive D to a multi year deal past 32 or so. I think it’s also dumb to even contemplate drafting one early. The best defensive D in the league are pretty much all late round picks who have cheap deals until somebody overpays and overextends

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I think it’s ridiculous to sign a defensive D to a multi year deal past 32 or so. I think it’s also dumb to even contemplate drafting one early. The best defensive D in the league are pretty much all late round picks who have cheap deals until somebody overpays and overextends  

I think it’s a case by case on the free agents but I definitely agree on the drafting.
Show me a draft where a stay at home Dman was drafted early without there being a plethora of better players that came after.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I think it’s ridiculous to sign a defensive D to a multi year deal past 32 or so. I think it’s also dumb to even contemplate drafting one early. The best defensive D in the league are pretty much all late round picks who have cheap deals until somebody overpays and overextends  

I think it’s a case by case on the free agents but I definitely agree on the drafting.
Show me a draft where a stay at home Dman was drafted early without there being a plethora of better players that came after.

Agreed. Good take

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

When Chris Phillips went first overall I don't recall that "plethora". Best players from that draft were Chara and Briere - that's the long and short of it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Missed the game last night, completely. Didn't even find out the score until the next morning. A good old fashioned Donkey-whupping.

Hopefully they make it interesting by winning on Tuesday.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Missed the game last night, completely.  Didn't even find out the score until the next morning.  A good old fashioned Donkey-whupping.  

Yeah, that was embarrassing for Florida.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Missed the game last night, completely.  Didn't even find out the score until the next morning.  A good old fashioned Donkey-whupping.  

Yeah, that was embarrassing for Florida.

They managed to escape the ultimate embarrassment.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not a bad draft for Montreal

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Toronto has ~$400K cap space with Robertson still left to sign. They will need to move one of their 6-7-8 D to make space for him and but that would leave them no room for injuries or even the 13th forward. And they have Murray/Woll/Stolarz in goal meaning Murray is the starter with Woll sent back to the Marlies or Woll is the starter with Murray remaining on the LTIR. Unless they are blessed with one of thoe patented Vegas injuries where the player is on the LTIR until the playoffs begin they won't be able to add at the deadline. Looks like another year of treading water and getting ousted in R1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum