GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 32]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Missed the game last night, completely.  Didn't even find out the score until the next morning.  A good old fashioned Donkey-whupping.  

Hopefully they make it interesting by winning on Tuesday.  

Yeah, that was embarrassing for Florida.

They managed to escape the ultimate embarrassment.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not a bad draft for Montreal

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Toronto has ~$400K cap space with Robertson still left to sign. They will need to move one of their 6-7-8 D to make space for him and but that would leave them no room for injuries or even the 13th forward. And they have Murray/Woll/Stolarz in goal meaning Murray is the starter with Woll sent back to the Marlies or Woll is the starter with Murray remaining on the LTIR. Unless they are blessed with one of thoe patented Vegas injuries where the player is on the LTIR until the playoffs begin they won't be able to add at the deadline. Looks like another year of treading water and getting ousted in R1.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Toronto has ~$400K cap space with Robertson still left to sign.  They will need to move one of their 6-7-8 D to make space for him and but that would leave them no room for injuries or even the 13th forward.  And they have Murray/Woll/Stolarz in goal meaning Murray is the starter with Woll sent back to the Marlies or Woll is the starter with Murray remaining on the LTIR.  Unless they are blessed with one of thoe patented Vegas injuries where the player is on the LTIR until the playoffs begin they won't be able to add at the deadline.  Looks like another year of treading water and getting ousted in R1.  

Robertson asked for a trade so we’ll see if he goes

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Toronto has ~$400K cap space with Robertson still left to sign.  They will need to move one of their 6-7-8 D to make space for him and but that would leave them no room for injuries or even the 13th forward.  And they have Murray/Woll/Stolarz in goal meaning Murray is the starter with Woll sent back to the Marlies or Woll is the starter with Murray remaining on the LTIR.  Unless they are blessed with one of thoe patented Vegas injuries where the player is on the LTIR until the playoffs begin they won't be able to add at the deadline.  Looks like another year of treading water and getting ousted in R1.  
I’m pretty sure they expect to send Murray to the AHL.
No one is picking him up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another questionable move by Edmonton to hire Bowman as a GM.

Not the greatest of looks.
But again, this the team that brought Kane on board in the middle of several controversies

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So it really looks like the leafs are rolling into the season with the same core

Wash, rinse and repeat 😂

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope Konecny really likes it in Philly because with that contract and how it’s likely to age, he’s gonna be stuck there

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good for him, but that's a lot of years for an undersized player with a lot of miles on him already.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice move by St-Louis there. Love it. As long as it doesn’t happen to my team. 😂

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I suspect they'll sign Holloway and Let Broberg walk. At one point a 2nd for Broberg was probably a pretty decent deal. Cap space is huge for the Oilers

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Another option would be to try to move Ceci / Kulak  but finding someone to take them on will cost them picks no doubt

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Would love to trade for Askarov. Trade them Sogaard and a 2nd. Totally worth the gamble

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I suspect they'll sign Holloway and Let Broberg walk. At one point a 2nd for Broberg was probably a pretty decent deal. Cap space is huge for the Oilers

I was expecting the opposite, especially after they moved Ceci. But they fooled everyone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Would love to trade for Askarov. Trade them Sogaard and a 2nd. Totally worth the gamble

Perhaps, but at this point he's just a prospect; figuring out how a goalie prospect develops is black magic. For all we know Reidler will develop into a better goalie long-term; or Soogard or Nikitin or Merilainen. Or maybe someone we pick with that 2nd rounder. Priority 1 should be to extend Ullmark and then let all the current goalie prospects to develop as long as they need.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, there goes Askarov to the Sharks (plus extension).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quite a good move by the sharks. That 1st is likely a late 1st. Askarov is gonna be a beast and is of the perfect age for their spot in the rebuild.
Another team doing pretty good at a rebuild.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Johnny Gaudreau and his younger brother Matthew killed while riding bikes in NJ. A driver tries to pass an SUV on the right when the SUV changed lanes to pass the bikes. The brothers were there for their sister's wedding as groomsmen. Wedding was planned for today I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum