GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Raymond sounds good, but I know next to nothing about him other than what I've read in scouting reports.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've recently heard some think Raymond isn't as a sure bet as some are making him out to be.

I really hope we can land Byfield and Rossi. If somehow we can't land Rossi with the 5th, then I hope we go after Perfetti.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I've recently heard some think Raymond isn't as a sure bet as some are making him out to be.

I really hope we can land Byfield and Rossi. If somehow we can't land Rossi with the 5th, then I hope we go after Perfetti.

Perfetti's a powerhouse too. Yeah, lots to choose from, I must admit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I've recently heard some think Raymond isn't as a sure bet as some are making him out to be.

Perfetti's a powerhouse too.  Yeah, lots to choose from, I must admit.  

Perfetti, IMO, is a guy that could go anywhere between 4 and 8. in all honesty whoever goes between 4 and 8 will depend on how teams have arranged who they prefer but the talent levels are very similar.

the one guy I fail to see how he fits in the top 8 is Sanderson. i mean, don't get me wrong, i think he'll be a terrific D-man and is a safe option, but it's the type of skill and player you can get further down in the draft. On a normal year with more quality D-men to choose from he would likely slide further down a little. The forwards, in my opinion, are of much higher quality in this draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Perfetti, IMO, is a guy that could go anywhere between 4 and 8. in all honesty whoever goes between 4 and 8 will depend on how teams have arranged who they prefer but the talent levels are very similar.

the one guy I fail to see how he fits in the top 8 is Sanderson. i mean, don't get me wrong, i think he'll be a terrific D-man and is a safe option, but it's the type of skill and player you can get further down in the draft. On a normal year with more quality D-men to choose from he would likely slide further down a little. The forwards, in my opinion, are of much higher quality in this draft.

I think the Sens know exactly who they want, I just have a feeling. Who knows what that is. Drysdale/Stuts probably, but who really knows...very interesting that 2 legit franchise players could be coming Ottawa's way in one draft, maybe 3 depending on the Isles pick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Picking Rossi also helps with the fanbase. Say what you will about how Ceci played here, he definitely got some fans excited to come out to games at first. Rossi has already been a start in Ottawa for two seasons so he'll have a fairly large fanbase already.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think the Sens know exactly who they want, I just have a feeling.  Who knows what that is.  Drysdale/Stuts probably, but who really knows...very interesting that 2 legit franchise players could be coming Ottawa's way in one draft, maybe 3 depending on the Isles pick.

The Isles pick is our wildcard for sure. Jarvis, Bourque, Brisson, Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Grans, Quinn, Bordeleau, Guhle, Gunler, or trade bait. Crazy that one of these guys will be our 3rd selection.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

I really hope we can land Byfield and Rossi.

Stay out of my dreams please.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would like one of Drysdale, Sanderson, Raymond, Perfetti at 5

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think the Sens know exactly who they want, I just have a feeling.  Who knows what that is.  Drysdale/Stuts probably, but who really knows...very interesting that 2 legit franchise players could be coming Ottawa's way in one draft, maybe 3 depending on the Isles pick.

The Isles pick is our wildcard for sure. Jarvis, Bourque, Brisson, Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Grans, Quinn, Bordeleau, Guhle, Gunler, or trade bait. Crazy that one of these guys will be our 3rd selection.

I know absolutely nothing about any of those guys to be perfectly honest. I'll have to do some research, but I'll certainly look at those specifics.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I would like one of Drysdale, Sanderson, Raymond, Perfetti at 5

You are a little silly. I shook my head at all 4 names for different reasons.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about any of those guys to be perfectly honest.  I'll have to do some research, but I'll certainly look at those specifics.

Our Isles pick is a legit NHLer and potential star. Pick 3 names and I will shoot you our scouting report on them all.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How is it silly to say I want guys ranked in that exact range? Getting Raymond or Drysdale would be huge.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about any of those guys to be perfectly honest.  I'll have to do some research, but I'll certainly look at those specifics.

Our Isles pick is a legit NHLer and potential star. Pick 3 names and I will shoot you our scouting report on them all.

I dunno, whoever you think we'll realistically take I guess.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No way I could just guess without knowing if the Isles win or lose to Florida. And if they lose, do they get Lafreniere.

The optimist in my believes Florida will beat them even though Carolina took them to the cleaners on the Trocheck trade. I also believe the Isles won’t win the lottery, so just for fun, I will pick the best case scenario and do the 13-15 range and send stuff your way for those 3 players.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

it really depends where that pick falls but I have a feeling Dorion will try to move that pick up wherever it falls. now I'm really hoping we also package two firsts to move into the late 1st round.

there are so many guys in the 1st round that I want. I wonder if Brisson could still be there with our 1st 2nd rounder?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I would like one of Drysdale, Sanderson, Raymond, Perfetti at 5

I have a feeling the sens are hot on Drysdale. I won't be disappointed if we have him in our system but I will that we passed on Rossi. In that group, I think I prefer Perfetti.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

it really depends where that pick falls but I have a feeling Dorion will try to move that pick up wherever it falls. now I'm really hoping we also package two firsts to move into the late 1st round.

there are so many guys in the 1st round that I want. I wonder if Brisson could still be there with our 1st 2nd rounder?

No way. Brisson is firmly in the 12-20ish blender.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum