GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I’d watch anything in anticipation for the draft.

All I care about about is one of Lafreniere and Byfield.

Basically I think we will draft the combo of Lafreniere and Rossi or the combo of Byfield and Raymond. Either way, that is unreal.

If we can somehow pull off the combo of Lafreniere and Byfield, well Diddle me. I will give everyone on here the best handy they’ve ever had.

Woah there... don't start writing checks your butt can't cash...

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe they do it by division. 6 team round robin - 5 games. Top 4 advance to a best of 5 playoff. Then division finals. Conference finals. Cup finals. I'd watch
that could be an interesting proposition.

if anything a different playoff format will bring a new level of excitement.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be fair I'm not sure I like the current draft format.
I think all 3 first picks being available to everyone not making the playoffs hasn't worked out well.

so far it's given top picks to teams that didn't necessarily needed it. and it's also rewarded Edmonton when it shouldn't have.

I think there should be some changes made. like you cannot have the first overall more than twice in a period of 4 years. And only the top 2 picks should be in the lottery and to the worst 8 teams in the league. barely missing the playoffs shouldn't make you eligible to get a top 2 pick. and that would also guarantee that teams that are bad still manage to draft good players over the ones that are competitive. it would still take away the incentive for tanking but would reward teams that need to get better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote: I’m no math professor but 24 teams -12 teams- 6 teams-3 teams? I can’t imagine a three way NHL finals 😂

You should watch Dancing with the Stars. Five couples in the semis, 4 in the final. Used to be just 2.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote: I’m no math professor but 24 teams -12 teams- 6 teams-3 teams? I can’t imagine a three way NHL finals 😂

You should watch Dancing with the Stars. Five couples in the semis, 4 in the final. Used to be just 2.

I'm pretty sure there would be a wildcard / play-in round initially.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Like I had proposed:

Play in: Top six teams per division. 5 game round robin. 3 points W, 2 point OT win, 1 point OT loss. If there's a tie, it will go on goal differential. 4 teams advance from each division (1 v 4, 2 v 3) best of 5 series, then divisional finals best of 7. All remaining teams travel to one location to avoid unnecessary scheduling. 2 week quarantine followed by 7 game conference finals, and 7 game cup finals.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Like I had proposed:

Play in: Top six teams per division. 5 game round robin. 3 points W, 2 point OT win, 1 point OT loss. If there's a tie, it will go on goal differential. 4 teams advance from each division (1 v 4, 2 v 3) best of 5 series, then divisional finals best of 7. All remaining teams travel to one location to avoid unnecessary scheduling. 2 week quarantine followed by 7 game conference finals, and 7 game cup finals.

I should add too that the 7 teams left out should all have a shot at #1 only and slide down a maximum of 1 spot. Ie: if #7 wins the lottery, Detroit slides to #2, Ottawa to 3 and 4, etc. The odds would still be staggered based on ranking with Detroit getting the highest odds at #1 but I think in this scenario every team either a) makes the playoffs, and b) those who don't make the playoffs have a higher percentage of getting #1 overall. The other teams can be seeded based on their existing points percentage so say Montreal can still get #8-10 (wherever they currently are) and still win the cup. Everybody wins in this scenario.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I had a stupid idea last night regarding the draft.

it might alleviate a few headaches for GM's and it's not without it's own complications.

why don't they allow for trades of picks for players without revealing the names of players?
"Calgary trades it's 1st round pick for undisclosed assets"
that could mean any player or possible prospects that they wish not to divulge.
of course, the said teammates would know they are losing someone but it be the same to a month prior to the trade deadline when they know some of them will be gone.
when the season is canceled or over the names could be released.
of course, you have to imagine that some leaks would exist and of course the risk of injuries could make it difficult for players that have time left to play for their team. but those are risks to be assessed. it could work well for teams trading players that aren't in the playoffs as they wouldn't be playing anymore as it seems the league is moving away from having bottom teams play any more games.
IDK, i'm trying to figure out some scenarios.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I get it. So sort of like “GMHockey trades Wprager for future considerations?”

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Like I had proposed:

I should add too that the 7 teams left out should all have a shot at #1 only and slide down a maximum of 1 spot. Ie: if #7 wins the lottery, Detroit slides to #2, Ottawa to 3 and 4, etc. The odds would still be staggered based on ranking with Detroit getting the highest odds at #1 but I think in this scenario every team either a) makes the playoffs, and b) those who don't make the playoffs have a higher percentage of getting #1 overall. The other teams can be seeded based on their existing points percentage so say Montreal can still get #8-10 (wherever they currently are) and still win the cup. Everybody wins in this scenario.

i feel like we'll know pretty soon when the draft is. seems like Bettman is pushing hard for it to be revealed soon and my guess is its a middle of June draft. we should know soon how it will unravel.
i'd say in the next 7 days.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I get it. So sort of like “GMHockey trades Wprager for future considerations?”

probably more defined than that but yes. but with good assets. Sarcasm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I had a stupid idea last night regarding the draft.

it might alleviate a few headaches for GM's and it's not without it's own complications.

why don't they allow for trades of picks for players without revealing the names of players?
"Calgary trades it's 1st round pick for undisclosed assets"
that could mean any player or possible prospects that they wish not to divulge.
of course, the said teammates would know they are losing someone but it be the same to a month prior to the trade deadline when they know some of them will be gone.
when the season is canceled or over the names could be released.
of course, you have to imagine that some leaks would exist and of course the risk of injuries could make it difficult for players that have time left to play for their team. but those are risks to be assessed. it could work well for teams trading players that aren't in the playoffs as they wouldn't be playing anymore as it seems the league is moving away from having bottom teams play any more games.
IDK, i'm trying to figure out some scenarios.

Ain't gonna happen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One, that was uncalled for.

Two, can't happen because of potential for injuries.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

June 19 or the original date of June 26 is what I’m hearing for draft date.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

That's fine, but what about our picks? Hearing anything?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Nope.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

A June draft prior to seasons end is pretty much dead. It’s a logistical nightmare either way with most scouts contracts ending June 30th.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I read the same thing. It's not all bad news. Personally I don't care about the draft being in June, I care about knowing where the Sens will draft.

Like I said before, I believe this is all tied to the return-to-play announcement which will hopefully be sooner than later, with hockey returning in July. 24 team playoff, 7 team lottery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum