GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Raymond and Rossi and never look back.
Byfield and Raymond and laugh to Cups.
Byfield and Rossi, yup, just in case Rossi switched to W.

We can’t lose at 3 and 5. Every possible combo is still amazing.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

draft not till October... FA not til November... it's gonna be a long fall...

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At least, hopefully, we get some relatively entertaining hockey to watch?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:At least, hopefully, we get some relatively entertaining hockey to watch?

I suspect the rest of the summer will go by pretty quickly. People in my office are beginning to take time off, and Ontario should be announcing Stage 3 in a matter of weeks which is essentially a return to "normal" minus large congregations (sporting events, festivals, bars, concerts). So long as we keep the border closed with the US, it sounds like we can manage the spread of new cases. Hockey may just need to operate in Canada until the US is under control. I don't know if you guys did, but I didn't really hear of anyone complaining about the playoffs being held in Canada

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stage 3 is not returning to normal. Let’s not get complacent. That being said there is low risk holding these sports right now. I don’t usually watch non Sens hockey but will tune in next month

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Stage 3 is not returning to normal. Let’s not get complacent. That being said there is low risk holding these sports right now. I don’t usually watch non Sens hockey but will tune in next month

You are in for a treat.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Normal was intentionally put in parantheses. Im not getting into my opinion of covid and what we should and shouldn't do but come August we'll see a big step towards what life used to be like.

There are a lot of unknowns and different opinions about the short term and long term impacts of covid. Even after they come up with a vaccine, the target success rate is 70%. To date 0.3% of the Canadian population and 0.5% of the US population are reported to have or had covid. And that's known cases. There are many people who have had the virus and recovered without even knowing. I'm not suggesting anyone downplay the severity of the virus or anything like that but it's "possible" this thing plays itself out before they come up with a vaccine . We're good in Canada but as we've seen in many other countries people will not take being told what to do for very much longer

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And before I'm judged for my post, rest assured that I have been respecting social distancing, take precautions when I am out in public (ie where a mask and only go out if needed ) and am abiding to provincial and federal recommendations to a tee. But I do track reported stats and know that death rates are particularly high in Canada and italy due to outbreaks in old age homes and in Italys case their older population and inability to prepare

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Thank for those posts and I believe them. I don’t give it much though to be honest so it was good to read something I choose to believe. Covid doesn’t worry or bother one bit. Democrats are another story.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Imo the main reason our numbers are so low is because it’s summer and a lot of people are not indoors. Once Fall arrives, numbers will begin increasing again. If covid started here In early winter it would have been worse.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

See I would argue the opposite. Wouldn't transmission be lower if people spend more time indoors during the winter ? I get that people get the flu and what not but in the summer people congregate outside and in many public places. If people are told to work from home not a lot of people will spend time outside unless it's to go skiing or to do the essentials. Wouldn't that ease the spread ?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spending more time at home, no. Spending more time at work, yes. Fall/winter is when people get the cold or flu from co-workers.

Of course now things will be different with many companies allowing/insisting on more people working from home plus stricter measures with hand washing, masks in common areas, etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Raymond is a hot topic right now, so is la taking Stutzle.

Byfield to Ottawa could absolutely happen. Byfield starting to sound like a real risk depending on who you listen to.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Byfield is sheer raw talent. Lagoon said it here a few times. He needs to play in the OHL, dominate the world Juniors and marinade for a year in Belleville after. Stutzle is way more NHL ready and more of a sure thing but has a lower ceiling

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Raymond is a hot topic right now, so is la taking Stutzle.

Byfield to Ottawa could absolutely happen.  Byfield starting to sound like a real risk depending on who you listen to.

Raymond has been my #3 for over a year. He didn’t play much this year and that soured some people. When he played, he played extremely well. His next season will start almost 75 days before the draft and he will be given prime minutes. Watch him explode and be the consensus #3 again.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Byfield to Ottawa could absolutely happen.  Byfield starting to sound like a real risk depending on who you listen to.

Whoever they are, I pray LA believes them. Laughing3

It would create my dream scenario of Byfield and Raymond. Excluding my Laf dreams obviously.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

It would create my dream scenario of Byfield and Raymond. Excluding my Laf dreams obviously.

We'll see, because literally no one knows, but could byfield be one of those draft day fallers?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

We'll see, because literally no one knows, but could byfield be one of those draft day fallers?

Don't think so

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum