GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Raymond is a hot topic right now, so is la taking Stutzle.

Byfield to Ottawa could absolutely happen.  Byfield starting to sound like a real risk depending on who you listen to.

Whoever they are, I pray LA believes them. Laughing3

It would create my dream scenario of Byfield and Raymond. Excluding my Laf dreams obviously.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

Byfield to Ottawa could absolutely happen.  Byfield starting to sound like a real risk depending on who you listen to.

It would create my dream scenario of Byfield and Raymond. Excluding my Laf dreams obviously.

We'll see, because literally no one knows, but could byfield be one of those draft day fallers?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

We'll see, because literally no one knows, but could byfield be one of those draft day fallers?

Don't think so

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Please. I beg you.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Craig Button has Stutzle at #2, and then says that Stutzle *might* before the best player from this draft! He was quick to point out that this is a ranking based on where he thinks the players will develop, not draft order. He talked the two swedes much lower (outside if the top 10) but, again, he quickly clarified that they are simply slotted in the 6-13 tier, so either one could be drafted 6 and he would not disagree. Still, according to Button, both are out of the top 5 which likely means he doesn't think the Sens should draft either one.

This is all from his interview on the Locked-On Sens podcast.

I guess his best (for Sens) would be drafting Stutzle and Drysdale.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So now we have both Bob McKenzie and Craig Button ranking Stutzle ahead of Byfield. And if Detroit decides to go after a 1D he could, indeed, slide down.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:So now we have both Bob McKenzie and Craig Button ranking Stutzle ahead of Byfield. And if Detroit decides to go after a 1D he could, indeed, slide down.
I really have a feeling he goes to Ottawa at 5.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I dare LA and Detroit to let Byfield and Raymond be available at 3 and 5 respectively.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:So now we have both Bob McKenzie and Craig Button ranking Stutzle ahead of Byfield. And if Detroit decides to go after a 1D he could, indeed, slide down.
I really have a feeling he goes to Ottawa at 5.

There's no way Byfield will be available at 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There was a really funny moment on the podcast when one of the guys asks Button "do you really think the Sens could get Byfield or Stutzle?" to which the obvious answer is "if it's not one of those two, then it's Lafreniere".

That's why they are podcasters and not *real* analysts/journalists. Not that they don't have the ability (to count to 3) but they get caught up she lose their bearing (in this case completely buying in that Stutzle is #2 while still simultaneously thinking Byfield is the consensus #2).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Detroit has no impact on Byfield. He’s going top 3. Sens won’t pass on him or Stutzle

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

- LA will take one of Stutzle/Byfield
- Sens will take whichever player LA doesn't take  
- Detroit will take Drysdale or Perfetti - my guess is they take Drysdale or trade down and someone else takes Drysdale at #4
- The Sens take Rossi or Raymond but will probably take Drysdale if he's available.

Some Senschirp posters noticed an July 4th Instagram post where it had all their American young prospects (Wolanin, Norris, White, Tkachuk, Pinto) and omitted Logan Brown.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:- LA will take one of Stutzle/Byfield
- Sens will take whichever player LA doesn't take  
- Detroit will take Drysdale or Perfetti - my guess is they take Drysdale or trade down and someone else takes Drysdale at #4
- The Sens take Rossi or Raymond but will probably take Drysdale if he's available.

Some Senschirp posters noticed an July 4th Instagram post where it had all their American young prospects (Wolanin, Norris, White, Tkachuk, Pinto) and omitted Logan Brown.

People look into the dumbest Dung.

And yeah, Drysdale will definitely go ahead of Rossi. Sens would be foolish to pass on him for rossi. I can understand Raymond more

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:I dare LA and Detroit to let Byfield and Raymond be available at 3 and 5 respectively.

I think it could happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Byfield won't slip past 3 but there's a chance he doesn't go at 2 albeit a small one and LA is one of the few teams that would take a winger over a center. But again - very small chance. Raymond won't slip by Buffalo at 8 but some GMs may covet other players ahead of him based on games played last season , ie more film. I don't see him going past 7 personally

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There will be more film for European prospects before the draft though. Raymond could have a huge start to the year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:There will be more film for European prospects before the draft though. Raymond could have a huge start to the year.

Raymond will be watched closely and Stutzle's dynamic skill won't be lost on scouts. Imagine if he had played in the OHL last year? Goodness gracious...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. We're walking away with two amazing players no matter how you slice the pie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum