GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I will take that even after hearing todays meeting didn’t go so well for Bettman’s plan to finalize his money maker in hosting an early June draft.

And just to be clear, you are saying the won’t even pick their 2 guys by pick 4? Or they won’t get one of Laf/Byfield and one of Raymond/Rossi?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I will take that even after hearing todays meeting didn’t go so well for Bettman’s plan to finalize his money maker in hosting an early June draft.

And just to be clear, you are saying the won’t even pick their 2 guys by pick 4? Or they won’t get one of Laf/Byfield and one of Raymond/Rossi?

I am saying that they won't select twice within the first four picks. It seems too good to be true, there doesn't seem to be enough support for it, and Sens fans are used to heartbreak.

Worse case you're right and I'll be super happy. Win-win for me

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I will take that even after hearing todays meeting didn’t go so well for Bettman’s plan to finalize his money maker in hosting an early June draft.

I am saying that they won't select twice within the first four picks. It seems too good to be true, there doesn't seem to be enough support for it, and Sens fans are used to heartbreak.

Worse case you're right and I'll be super happy. Win-win for me

Seems like you are lobbing me a softball just to be nice. I will take it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You can still trade picks in later rounds and players under contracts for picks next season. Really not a big loss there

I don't think you could trade players under contract after next year. especially if those players would still play games/payoff games with their respective teams. That would be too much of a mess, especially if any career-ending injuries were to happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You can still trade picks in later rounds and players under contracts for picks next season. Really not a big loss there

I don't think you could trade players under contract after next year. especially if those players would still play games/payoff games with their respective teams. That would be too much of a mess, especially if any career-ending injuries were to happen.

I should clarify. I meant you can trade players after this season is over for picks in the 2021 draft. This draft would strictly be trades involving picks

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I should clarify. I meant you can trade players after this season is over for picks in the 2021 draft. This draft would strictly be trades involving picks

yeah but that still complicates things. a lot of GM's will want to see where their teams are at next season before doing that. unless they are put against the cap that is.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No way cap goes up after this so teams will be hard-pressed to shed salaries

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No way cap goes up after this so teams will be hard-pressed to shed salaries

Yeah. That is likely the case.

I just hope Dorion isn't a chump again and overpays for a player. he's got to make them understand that he's doing them a favor and they have to pay.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

any update on the draft status?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Not from me. I was just going to ask you

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Not from me. I was just going to ask you

Normally no news is good news? In hopeful for an announcement as rumored plus a 24 team playoff starting mid to late June. I don't care when the draft is - I just want two top 4 picks

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like adjustments are being made to the original report. Sens about to get Cussed. And I’m about to be doubly in your honour and worship.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like adjustments are being made to the original report. Sens about to get Cussed. And I’m about to be doubly in your honour and worship.

I'll let you off the hook . This was too good to be true

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i bet not much changes other than some trade stuff.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Here’s all my calls for now.

If we pick 1st - Lafreniere.
If we pick 2nd and Laf is gone - Byfield
If we pick 3rd and Laf and By are gone - Raymond
If we pick 3rd and 4th and Laf and By are gone - Raymond and Rossi
If we pick 1st and 3rd - Lafreniere and one of Byfield/Rossi.

I’m just in that kinda mood.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree with your picks

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:i bet not much changes other than some trade stuff.

You want in on the bet ?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:i bet not much changes other than some trade stuff.

You want in on the bet ?

Don’t do it. It is miserable being his lackey and a DefenceWinsChampionships lemming. It’s a trap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum