GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let me know when the draft info becomes official

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Let me know when the draft info becomes official

I will and the draft guide is almost complete so I will send you that too.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Let me know when the draft info becomes official

I will and the draft guide is almost complete so I will send you that too.

Can I get a copy as well?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yes.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Looking good....
Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
A final decision on whether to have the NHL draft in early June could come today but the league’s call on that still could slide into the coming days. At this point, it’s more likely than not the draft will be held in early June, but no date(s) set yet.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Perfect. I’m excited to see what they decide.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The NHL (Bettman and Daly) have already confirmed that *if they do an early June draft, it will be like 2012. Only the bottom five teams can pick first. Lottery winner can’t move up more than four slots.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Right. But I am sure 27 teams aren't going to be happy with doing the draft in early June

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

As per my signature, I won’t bother making a counterpoint.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:As per my signature, I won’t bother making a counterpoint.

Lol. Just saying I don't know why a team ranked 6th last would want a 0% chance at 1st overall

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Right. But I am sure 27 teams aren't going to be happy with doing the draft in early June

they can Diddle off lol

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm all for what Bettman is proposing (for once). especially the part about one team being able to move 4 spots. gives us some pretty decent chances to keep our spot or move up even.

the only negative i can see for the Sens is that had they been thinking of trading picks for someone now laying then that's likely not going to happen. maybe those trades can happen for close to NHL prospects. who knows. but you know this likely means that teams looking for extra picks in this draft will likely have fewer options and might be more willing to trade down. so maybe Dorion can move up that Isles pick?

besides all that, I just want the draft to be done so we know who we end up with. it's going to take up the rest of the summer to start planning the parade Sarcasm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

You can still trade picks in later rounds and players under contracts for picks next season. Really not a big loss there

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I would’ve like to see the Isles continue their free fall into a better pick for us, but if the alternative is the Sens getting one of Laf/Byfield and one of Raymond/Rossi, I can live with that and be very happy. There is no way the Isles would’ve fallen to 10th worst anyway because after 10, there is a fairly substantial talent drop. That’s not to say there isn’t elite talent after 10, it is more of a recognition of just how good Laf, Byfield, Raymond, Rossi, Stutzle, Drysdale, Lundell, Holtz, Perfetti and Askarov are.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:As per my signature, I won’t bother making a counterpoint.

Double or nothing the Sens don't end up with 2 of the top 4 picks

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I will take that even after hearing todays meeting didn’t go so well for Bettman’s plan to finalize his money maker in hosting an early June draft.

And just to be clear, you are saying the won’t even pick their 2 guys by pick 4? Or they won’t get one of Laf/Byfield and one of Raymond/Rossi?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I will take that even after hearing todays meeting didn’t go so well for Bettman’s plan to finalize his money maker in hosting an early June draft.

And just to be clear, you are saying the won’t even pick their 2 guys by pick 4? Or they won’t get one of Laf/Byfield and one of Raymond/Rossi?

I am saying that they won't select twice within the first four picks. It seems too good to be true, there doesn't seem to be enough support for it, and Sens fans are used to heartbreak.

Worse case you're right and I'll be super happy. Win-win for me

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I will take that even after hearing todays meeting didn’t go so well for Bettman’s plan to finalize his money maker in hosting an early June draft.

I am saying that they won't select twice within the first four picks. It seems too good to be true, there doesn't seem to be enough support for it, and Sens fans are used to heartbreak.

Worse case you're right and I'll be super happy. Win-win for me

Seems like you are lobbing me a softball just to be nice. I will take it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum