GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

For those that want to know more about the OHL eligibles. One scout in particular is very smart.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/2020/06/final-mediascout-top-10-for-2020-nhl.html

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am leaning towards top forward + Drysdale for the Sens picks. I think Drysdale would balance out the pool nicely and we would have a top D corps in a few years.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Not me.

We almost automatically get an elite Dman next year and the 3 available are all better than Drysdale however slightly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I am leaning towards top forward + Drysdale for the Sens picks. I think Drysdale would balance out the pool nicely and we would have a top D corps in a few years.

I just can't see us drafting a dman with so much high-end offensive talent out there. I totally understand where you're coming from and if this were any other draft I'd agree with you but not this year.

I'd be more inclined to move the Isles pick plus 2nds and prospects to move up in the draft to get a dman but not with our own two top-six picks

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:I am leaning towards top forward + Drysdale for the Sens picks. I think Drysdale would balance out the pool nicely and we would have a top D corps in a few years.

I just can't see us drafting a dman with so much high-end offensive talent out there. I totally understand where you're coming from and if this were any other draft I'd agree with you but not this year.

I'd be more inclined to move the Isles pick plus 2nds and prospects to move up in the draft to get a dman but not with our own two top-six picks

yes, that's my reasoning also.
although, depending where those two picks land, if we're picking 5th maybe the sens take Drysdale if they think they can move up that isles pick and draft a forward they're very high on lower down the line. it wouldn't my strategy but i could see Dorion leaning that way. Dorion loves D-men.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If we don’t win both lotteries, I want LA to win 3rd overall because they would probably take Drysdale. Let LA win and get Drysdale off the board.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He is a high end offensive talent though. We all saw what Karlsson did for us in the playoffs. If they picked Byfield and Drysdale for example, I'd be ecstatic.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Not me.  

We almost automatically get an elite Dman next year and the 3 available are all better than Drysdale however slightly.

Don't see Sens being that bad.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

He is a high end offensive talent though. We all saw what Karlsson did for us in the playoffs. If they picked Byfield and Drysdale for example, I'd be ecstatic.

Nothing to be disappointed about if we take Drysdale. He’s elite. I’m just of the opinion we are taking another elite D in 2021. Sure, take Drysdale this year, but I’d want Räty next year and that is a hard gamble to take when the odds are we take one of Clarke, Lambos or Hughes, maybe even Power if his development skyrockets. Räty is the only elite forward next year.

Edit, just need to clarify my stance, we better not be taking Drysdale if Raymond and Rossi are still available.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

Vertigo Step away from your narcotics.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to assume we're gonna stink again, of course this depends slightly on where we end up drafting and who we end up signing. Even if we get picks #1 and 2, I don't think it's enough to move us ahead very far in the standings for next season.

Also, the format of next season will play into this. If we end up playing the bulk of the games in our division, that'll be tough, as the only team we'll likely be better than is Detroit.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’ve said these exact same statements before, but here they are now from someone you’ve maybe heard of and one of the most respected scouts not yet with an NHL team.

“Marco Rossi is unequivocally the second-most NHL ready player in the 2020 crop.

The main reason he won't be in the NHL next year is that the season likely won't begin until 2021 and he'll be better served playing in Europe starting in September”

https://twitter.com/hockey_robinson/status/1273722355638919168?s=21

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to assume we're gonna stink again, of course this depends slightly on where we end up drafting and who we end up signing.  Even if we get picks #1 and 2, I don't think it's enough to move us ahead very far in the standings for next season.  

Also, the format of next season will play into this.  If we end up playing the bulk of the games in our division, that'll be tough, as the only team we'll likely be better than is Detroit.  

Buffalo says hi.

Also Price has had two sub-par seasons. If that's a trend (and it sure looks like one) they are in trouble.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to assume we're gonna stink again, of course this depends slightly on where we end up drafting and who we end up signing.  Even if we get picks #1 and 2, I don't think it's enough to move us ahead very far in the standings for next season.  

Also, the format of next season will play into this.  If we end up playing the bulk of the games in our division, that'll be tough, as the only team we'll likely be better than is Detroit.  

Buffalo says hi.

Also Price has had two sub-par seasons. If that's a trend (and it sure looks like one) they are in trouble.

Buffalo has some holes to fill and I imagine the new GM will try to make a bit of a splash in order to fast track some mild success.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Buffalo says hi.

Buffalo has some holes to fill and I imagine the new GM will try to make a bit of a splash in order to fast track some mild success.

You know who doesn’t have holes? Marco Rossi.

I won’t stop until you are all on board.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If the Sens don't draft Byfield they are more than likely to draft Rossi.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If the Sens don't draft Byfield they are more than likely to draft Rossi.

they would likely have Stutzle over Rossi.

I don't see Rossi being drafted until 6 at best.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Buffalo says hi.

Heard on a podcast how the Sabres have missed the playoffs every year since the Pegulas bought the team, during which time every other team (including expansion Vegas) made the playoffs at heart once. They could go 82-0 next season and still be below .500 in that timeframe.

I haven't bothered fact checking, the second one was an off the cuff remark, so likely just hyperbole, but still. What a sh*tshow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum