GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If the Sens don't draft Byfield they are more than likely to draft Rossi.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If the Sens don't draft Byfield they are more than likely to draft Rossi.

they would likely have Stutzle over Rossi.

I don't see Rossi being drafted until 6 at best.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Not me.  

We almost automatically get an elite Dman next year and the 3 available are all better than Drysdale however slightly.

Don't see Sens being that bad.

Vertigo Step away from your narcotics.

Yeah, I'm going to assume we're gonna stink again, of course this depends slightly on where we end up drafting and who we end up signing.  Even if we get picks #1 and 2, I don't think it's enough to move us ahead very far in the standings for next season.  

Also, the format of next season will play into this.  If we end up playing the bulk of the games in our division, that'll be tough, as the only team we'll likely be better than is Detroit.  

Buffalo says hi.

Also Price has had two sub-par seasons. If that's a trend (and it sure looks like one) they are in trouble.

Buffalo has some holes to fill and I imagine the new GM will try to make a bit of a splash in order to fast track some mild success.

Heard on a podcast how the Sabres have missed the playoffs every year since the Pegulas bought the team, during which time every other team (including expansion Vegas) made the playoffs at heart once. They could go 82-0 next season and still be below .500 in that timeframe.

I haven't bothered fact checking, the second one was an off the cuff remark, so likely just hyperbole, but still. What a sh*tshow.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If the Sens don't draft Byfield they are more than likely to draft Rossi.

Absolutely not in my opinion. Zero chance according to me. I don’t know one team that has Stutzle over Rossi.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Absolutely not in my opinion. Zero chance according to me. I don’t know one team that has Stutzle over Rossi.

Zero chance? I'll bet you an avatar bet that Stutzle is ranked higher than Rossi in Bob McKenzie's rankings.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Zero chance? I'll bet you an avatar bet that Stutzle is ranked higher than Rossi in Bob McKenzie's rankings.

Dorion's probably scouted Rossi more than any other player first-hand over the past two years. He's the second best center in the draft and led the OHL in scoring. He's going top five for sure unless someone takes Drysdale.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Him scouting him more doesn’t mean he’d take him.
Wait for Bobs rankings. I can’t see Rossi being top 5. Drysdale will definitely be drafted above him in my opinion

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

One minor change and I accept.

Rossi will be drafted before Stutzle. That’s my offer.

Stutzle is falling faster with every piece of video being watched.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

One minor change and I accept.

Rossi will be drafted before Stutzle. That’s my offer.

Stutzle is falling faster with every piece of video being watched.

i will wait to see the order of the draft. if Detroit is drafting 3rd i think they draft Stutzle over Rossi.

i have some doubts also on Stuzle. I would probably feel more secure if we drafted rossi over stutzle(who might not even be a C in the NHL).

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Meh, not worried about Detroit. Stutzle wasn’t even a C this year and he with much greater odds, won’t be in the NHL either.

Rossi is a defensive genius, very responsible and won around 65-70% of his draws in the OHL and was voted hardest to win a draw against by his peers. Although he is a perfect C in my opinion, his game easily makes him a perfect W in the bigs as well.

As I’m tasked with breaking my tiers down into individual slots, Stutzle is probably going to fall in my 7-9 range. Rossi is firm at 4 for me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I accept the avatar bet. I think that’s easy money. I don’t see where you’re getting the idea that Stutzle is falling at all. Stutzle should easily go top 3-4.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I accept the avatar bet. I think that’s easy money. I don’t see where you’re getting the idea that Stutzle is falling at all. Stutzle should easily go top 3-4.

I accept.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's an avatar bet?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Terms and conditions please

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't explain it but I really want the sens to draft Askarov. i hope they can move that NYI pick up to nab him.
we have lots of depth at that position but could you imagine having elite goaltending??? too good to pass up.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I can't explain it but I really want the sens to draft Askarov. i hope they can move that NYI pick up to nab him.
we have lots of depth at that position but could you imagine having elite goaltending??? too good to pass up.

He’s on the top of my Isles wish list as well, but we will most likely have to trade up to get him even if the Isles lose to Florida. If the season even resumes that is.

We need to remember if the season doesn’t resume, our Isles pick becomes a lot worse then the potential 13-15 slot we had if they did end up losing to the Panthers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Vancouver will be picked as a hub. If the NHL knew what was good for it they'd play out the rest of the season in Canada though they'd be smart to avoid the media circus of Toronto - or maybe their plan would center around media availability in Toronto ? Either way with cases being so low here it would bode well from a player safety perspective, though I imagine a lot of the players wouldn't like the restrictions in Canada. Let the US have mlb and NBA

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also agree with Askarov but I'd rather the Sens brought on someone like Spencer Knight who imo is a little more proven.
I'd actually trade Gus and  some combination of 2nds for Knight if the Panthers would be interested. Not a huge fan of Russian goalies. Historically speaking they want too much money and show preference to go to tax-free states

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum