GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like the new proposed lottery format. The worst we could do is 3rd and 4th, with apparently a 50/50 shot at #1? Okey-dokey.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I think Drysdale is the 5th or 6th best player in this draft and is head and shoulders the best Dman available. In saying that, I’d rather take the elite forwards this year with our 1st two picks because next years draft is the time to use our first pick on a Dman. There are 3 Dman in 2021 that are Quinn Hughes, Makar, Byram and Drysdale level and they are Lambos, Clarke and Hughes.

To me, it is maximizing your draft strategy as you take the elite skaters early this draft and then you have increased odds at an elite D next year where there is really only one elite forward available in Räty.

If the NHL gets its talked about way, the Sens will draft no worse than 3rd and 4th and one of them should not by Drysdale in my opinion.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I like the new proposed lottery format.  The worst we could do is 3rd and 4th, with apparently a 50/50 shot at #1?  Okey-dokey.

TwoThumbsUp! Almost perfect scenario for Ottawa. We will see if it actually is the direction the NHL chooses.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think the Sens will be bad enough to get a top D next year, but I wouldn’t draft for position either. Right now I’d rank Drysdale fifth after Laf, Byfield, Stutzle and Raymond .

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:That comment about chair doesn’t make much sense to me. You works hope Drysdale becomes that level of dman. That would be an insane pairing for years

I’d much rather have Drysdale than Rossi

I agree that Drysdale is a stud, always have, always will. We have to pass on 2 elite players if we draft no worse than 3rd and 4th and I choose to pass on the Dman I love in 2020 because of the 3 Dman I love in 2021. It is just a strategy I would implore if was in a better position.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Just an insanely fortunate position we are in.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I don’t think the Sens will be bad enough to get a top D next year, but I wouldn’t draft for position either. Right now I’d rank Drysdale fifth after Laf, Byfield, Stutzle and Raymond .

Same.

I just keep flip-flopping Stutzle and Rossi. Like constantly.

An insane top 6.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:Just an insanely fortunate position we are in.

If it's something like Laf, Byfield and Stutzle who are you picking with the 4th pick?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Just an insanely fortunate position we are in.

If it's something like Laf, Byfield and Stutzle who are you picking with the 4th pick?

I know it shouldn’t matter, but who did we take with our 1st pick?

Ahhh, forget it. Doesn’t matter. Raymond goes 4th in your scenario.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Since I apparently can’t post in Alphabet soup or whatever you call it, The Mountain from Game of Thrones just set the deadlift world record. Did it with ease too on his actual lift. 501kg.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess we find out what happens tomorrow

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It’s weird, I find myself being upset if we end end with 3 and 4. So selfish.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Mikko Lehtonen was let out of his KHL deal a year early and whatever NHL team signs him is getting a very good Dman that is capable of putting up 45-55 points along with his defensive prowess. He’s the best Dman not in the NHL and now it appears he is here. He would be good for Lassi Thomson in a couple years.

I’d imagine the habs might one team pushing for him. Their left side is very questionable. The jets would do well to make a move also.

I know there’s more teams in this predicament but those are two I’m thinking of now.

Habs, Kings or Devils in my opinion.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Mikko Lehtonen was let out of his KHL deal a year early and whatever NHL team signs him is getting a very good Dman that is capable of putting up 45-55 points along with his defensive prowess. He’s the best Dman not in the NHL and now it appears he is here. He would be good for Lassi Thomson in a couple years.

I’d imagine the habs might one team pushing for him. Their left side is very questionable. The jets would do well to make a move also.

I know there’s more teams in this predicament but those are two I’m thinking of now.

Winnipeg , Edmonton Toronto all have crappy bluelines

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:It’s weird, I find myself being upset if we end end with 3 and 4. So selfish.

I'm with you. And I feel like it's going to happen . Sens luck and all.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Your 3 vs my 3. Bragging rights

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:It’s weird, I find myself being upset if we end end with 3 and 4. So selfish.

I'm with you. And I feel like it's going to happen . Sens luck and all.

As we get closer, I get more greedy and it would suck to not get one of Laf or Byfield. Let’s hope Yzerman does take Stutzle if we fall to 3.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Your 3 vs my 3. Bragging rights

You're on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum