GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Unless they go off the board I'll be happy regardless. I'll be happier if say we got #1 and 4 or 2 and 3. I just hope we don't take Drysdale personally. Our organizational strengths from a depth perspective are our goaltending and defence. Chabot, Brann, JBD, Thomson, Wolanin - we don't need another d

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Unless they go off the board I'll be happy regardless. I'll be happier if say we got #1 and 4 or 2 and 3. I just hope we don't take Drysdale personally. Our organizational strengths from a depth perspective are our goaltending and defence. Chabot, Brann, JBD, Thomson, Wolanin - we don't need another d

If we take Drysdale, I think we’ve made a mistake. Will be hard to verify this statement until I see our position and how the board went prior to us selecting him. The time for D is next year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Unless they go off the board I'll be happy regardless. I'll be happier if say we got #1 and 4 or 2 and 3. I just hope we don't take Drysdale personally. Our organizational strengths from a depth perspective are our goaltending and defence. Chabot, Brann, JBD, Thomson, Wolanin - we don't need another d

If we take Drysdale, I think we’ve made a mistake. Will be hard to verify this statement until I see our position and how the board went prior to us selecting him. The time for D is next year.

Or with the Isles pick. Might be an unpopular statement but too many PMDs might be detrimental to team defence.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Boro-Brannstrom
Extra: Reilly

JBD likely needs a year in the A after college, and Thomson if he comes over will get call-ups but won't make the squad until after next season. At that point Zub will probably be gone and they can make a decision on what to do with Zaitsev when JBD is ready. Don't see where Drysdale fits in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree about not taking D with one of our high picks. The D we have now will be good enough for what they will be aiming to accomplish, which is another high pick. But apart from Chabot we don't have another sure-fire top paying guy. Maybe Brannstrom will have a breakout year, maybe JBD will progress faster than expected, maybe Zaitsev she Zub will surprise all (ZZ Top-Pairing?) Maybe Wolanin or Thomson or ... Too many maybes. Hopefully we'll have a clearer picture by next year's draft.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

To me, with Clarke, Lambos and Hughes all being Dmen and all challenging Räty for #1 overall in 2021, all Ottawa has to do is be Ottawa and we can have our Drysdale/Byram/Q.Hughes/Makar/Heiskanen calibre Dman without missing out on any elite skaters from the 2020 class by “mistakenly” drafting Drysdale. It’s a weak draft next year other than those 4 really. Not like this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think if they draft Drysdale it maybe an indication on whether they think JBD wants to play in Ottawa.
I think they expected him to make the jump to the AHL this year and with him going back to college there might be something there. In all honesty there probably isn’t but who knows. It wouldn’t be that surprising given our ownership situation.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I think if they draft Drysdale it maybe an indication on whether they think JBD wants to play in Ottawa.
I think they expected him to make the jump to the AHL this year and with him going back to college there might be something there. In all honesty there probably isn’t but who knows. It wouldn’t be that surprising given our ownership situation.

I’m not worried about JBD, but ya, if we start getting an influx of draft picks that don’t even want to fulfill their dream because of Melnyk, that would be the final straw in Melnyk as an owner for fans and probably the NHL too.

JBD was always long term just like Lassi. Lassi will be 2-3 more years most likely, and I’m sticking with that because I said he’d be 3-4 years away when he got drafted.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I was surprised he didn't want to make the jump too but JBD and the Sens may have thought it was better the get top minutes on the top team in the NCAA. I'm not worried about JBD making the jump

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I think if they draft Drysdale it maybe an indication on whether they think JBD wants to play in Ottawa.

Nah. If they draft Drysdale it's because they think he's the BPA. He's better than JBD, so it doesn't mean anything at all.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Agree with no connection to JBD, but I would still most likely disagree with picking him no matter how the board looks if we are in the 5 and 6 slot. Drysdale is in my grouping of players that starts at the 6 spot, but he’s with many elite skaters that we can pick from. Make the right choice and we can clearly separate ourselves from LA and Carolina for the best prospects pool and potential future success.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

With every piece of video I watch on the grouping of guys I have ranked after 10, it is crazy to think that  we will get one of Amirov, Bourque, Brisson, Mercer, Gunler, Sanderson, Holloway, Quinn or Jarvis with the Isles pick, if they lose to the Panthers.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
—————————————-
3 - Raymond (if we already got Byfield)
4 - Rossi (switch with Raymond if we didn’t get Byfield)—————————————-
5 - Drysdale
6 - Holtz
7 - Lundell
8 - Perfetti
9 - Stutzle
10 - Askarov
——————————————
11 - Jarvis
12 - Sanderson
13 - Bourque
14 - Mercer
15 - Brisson
16 - Amirov
17 - Gunler
18 - Quinn
19 - Holloway

My separations mean you absolutely can not take someone from the lower tier until all the players above are selected. I can make exceptions for Drysdale and Askarov however as they are head and shoulders the best available at their position and although organizational needs shouldn’t matter, it does for some.

My wish list includes Florida beating the Islanders. Come on Bobrovsky, wake up.

Crazy to think that in 10 years you could’ve drafted a potential Bergeron clone in Lundell at 7th overall.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 am; edited 3 times in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't really argue with this. I can totally see Askarov going to the Devils or Kings depending on where their picks land.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Can't really argue with this. I can totally see Askarov going to the Devils or Kings depending on where their picks land.

The Kings have a very poor record of drafting goalies. They aren’t afraid to do it, but it hasn’t shown them much success. The have Quick for the now and Petersen for the now and future. I think they will jump early on Drysdale.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Published 14 minutes ago, I found a ranking from one of the best that almost exactly, is mine. He’s got Stutzle too high in my opinion, but I think everyone will pretend to be surprised when he “falls” on draft day. It’s just a story for now.

https://twitter.com/scouching/status/1273284268505141250?s=21

Nice read if you care.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

For those that want to know more about the OHL eligibles. One scout in particular is very smart.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/2020/06/final-mediascout-top-10-for-2020-nhl.html

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am leaning towards top forward + Drysdale for the Sens picks. I think Drysdale would balance out the pool nicely and we would have a top D corps in a few years.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Not me.

We almost automatically get an elite Dman next year and the 3 available are all better than Drysdale however slightly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum