GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Brad Lambert is leaving HIFK. Hopefully he’s on his way to the CHL, but it might just be to a different Finnish team that has promised more ice time.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Drysdale here we come

If one of our picks drops to 5 or 6 and Raymond and Rossi are gone, I’m in.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Wouldn’t it be nice to draft the BPA instead.

The good thing is, Dorion has mentioned they will finally do that in this draft. Here’s to hoping.

they say that every year. but you cannot disagree with a list that you never get to see.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Everyone has their own list. I will disagree if they stray too far from the one in my head.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Mikko Lehtonen was let out of his KHL deal a year early and whatever NHL team signs him is getting a very good Dman that is capable of putting up 45-55 points along with his defensive prowess. He’s the best Dman not in the NHL and now it appears he is here. He would be good for Lassi Thomson in a couple years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Mikko Lehtonen was let out of his KHL deal a year early and whatever NHL team signs him is getting a very good Dman that is capable of putting up 45-55 points along with his defensive prowess. He’s the best Dman not in the NHL and now it appears he is here. He would be good for Lassi Thomson in a couple years.

I’d imagine the habs might one team pushing for him. Their left side is very questionable. The jets would do well to make a move also.

I know there’s more teams in this predicament but those are two I’m thinking of now.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

NHL seems to be forcing an early June draft down teams throats. One lottery winner. Points percentage ranking. Guarantees Sens no worse than drafting 3rd and 4th. Raymond and Rossi. Unless Detroit drops a spot and stuns the world and drafts 2nd and takes Stutzle leaving us Byfield and one of Raymond and Rossi. That would be insane.

Raymond and Rossi would be amazing too but it will be hard to not be disappointed if we don’t win the lottery and get Lafreniere and one of Raymond/Rossi.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Basically we get 2 of Lafreniere/Byfield/Raymond/Rossi. Cheering Cheering Cheering

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t really care who we take with our 2nd pick if our 1st is one of Lafreniere or Byfield. Stutzle or Drysdale with our 2nd pick, sure. The Top 6 are insane.

With only one team winning and no team being able to jump up more than 4 spots, I like our chances.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am happy with two of Laf, Byfield, Stutz, Raymond, or Drysdale. Then we could even try to trade up for another top 10

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Detroit may take Stutzle #2. Keep in mind that they have fellow countryman Seider on the team

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I don’t really care who we take with our 2nd pick if our 1st is one of Lafreniere or Byfield. Stutzle or Drysdale with our 2nd pick, sure. The Top 6 are insane.

With only one team winning and no team being able to jump up more than 4 spots, I like our chances.

I still prefer drafting two forwards over Drysdale . He may be best dman available but you don't hand Chabot an 8 year contract to make him #2 - especially after trading Stone for Brannstrom

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And having Thomson and JBD in the fold

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That comment about chair doesn’t make much sense to me. You works hope Drysdale becomes that level of dman. That would be an insane pairing for years

I’d much rather have Drysdale than Rossi

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Detroit may take Stutzle #2. Keep in mind that they have fellow countryman Seider on the team

That’s right. I said this about three weeks ago. Nod

Lagoon wrote:Stutzle is a winger and will most likely remain that way in the NHL. Anyway, I had them in the same two person tier not long ago but the more I watch, read and research the more it is clear that Raymond should go before Stutzle. I think Detroit is the only team that will draft Stutzle as high as some have him ranked right now. Stutzle is a guy that rose up the ranks quickly, but I think you will see a market correction and he will fall back down to 5-9 where he belongs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like the new proposed lottery format. The worst we could do is 3rd and 4th, with apparently a 50/50 shot at #1? Okey-dokey.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I think Drysdale is the 5th or 6th best player in this draft and is head and shoulders the best Dman available. In saying that, I’d rather take the elite forwards this year with our 1st two picks because next years draft is the time to use our first pick on a Dman. There are 3 Dman in 2021 that are Quinn Hughes, Makar, Byram and Drysdale level and they are Lambos, Clarke and Hughes.

To me, it is maximizing your draft strategy as you take the elite skaters early this draft and then you have increased odds at an elite D next year where there is really only one elite forward available in Räty.

If the NHL gets its talked about way, the Sens will draft no worse than 3rd and 4th and one of them should not by Drysdale in my opinion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I like the new proposed lottery format.  The worst we could do is 3rd and 4th, with apparently a 50/50 shot at #1?  Okey-dokey.

TwoThumbsUp! Almost perfect scenario for Ottawa. We will see if it actually is the direction the NHL chooses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum