GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well Malkin also had Crosby. Without Crosby he has zero Olympic she World Cup gold medals.

Yes, Crosby is a center but the fact that he's a generational talent had even not to do with it.

Is Toews a generational "talent" see center? My guy yes me no. He's an exceptional leader and pushed himself well beyond where they alone would take him. From what I've seen of Lafrenier he has a similar internal drive.

Anyhow, I think we're taking in circles. Whoever gets the 1st overall will do well to take him and not even give any trade possibilities a second's thought.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My top-10 in order.

1. Laf
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Rossi
6. Drysdale
--------
7. Perfetti
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Sanderson

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:IMO this is how I'd like the Sens to draft as of today. As I research more that may change.

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
3 - Stutzle
4 - Raymond
5 - Drysdale
6 -  Perfetti

1 - Lafreniere
2 - Byfield
—————————————-
3 - Raymond (if we already got Byfield)
4 - Rossi (switch with Raymond if we didn’t get Byfield)
5 - Stutzle
—————————————-
6 - Drysdale
7 - Holtz
8 - Perfetti
——————————————
9 - Lundell
10 - Askarov

My separations mean you absolutely can not take someone from the lower tier until all the players above are selected. I can make exceptions for Drysdale and Askarov however as they are head and shoulders the best available at their position and although organizational needs shouldn’t matter, it does for some.

I’m sticking with this for now, but am liking Holtz more and more with every piece of footage I review. He scores at an insane clip as an U18 in the SHL. Only Naslund and Forsberg were higher since forever. I still can’t put him into the 3-5 tier however.

People trying to say Quinn is better than Holtz as a player need to stop. I get the comparison because goals are what they do, but come on.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's so difficult to have a top 10. keeps changing all the time.
if I had to have one, based solely on what I hope the sens list is and not what i think other teams should doit be this...

1. Laf
2. Byfield
3. one of Rossi/Struzle/Perfetti
4.Raymond
5. Drysdale
6. Holtz
9. Askarov
10. Hugues

Now I feel this deserves a bit of explanation. Simply put, i want the sens to draft a C. if that's Byfield then our needs are met and if we can pick third then go right ahead and draft of of those 3 players available.
Now if we start picking at 3 and those are the guys available i'm very happy with one of those players probably in that order too and if the org decides on a player not a C as a second pick then that's my list.
i actually elevated Askarov higher as the more i think about it, the more i think this could set up our team for the long run to have someone in goals that is of an Elite level. how do you not take a Carey price in the top 10? I would not be disappointed if the sens acquired or moved up in the draft to get him. That said, I'd rather we draft forwards with big potential, which is also why I ranked Hugues above Sanderson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:It's so difficult to have a top 10. keeps changing all the time.
if I had to have one, based solely on what I hope the sens list is and not what i think other teams should doit be this...

1. Laf
2. Byfield
3. one of Rossi/Struzle/Perfetti
4.Raymond
5. Drysdale  
6. Holtz
9. Askarov
10. Hugues

Now I feel this deserves a bit of explanation. Simply put, i want the sens to draft a C. if that's Byfield then our needs are met and if we can pick third then go right ahead and draft of of those 3 players available.
Now if we start picking at 3 and those are the guys available i'm very happy with one of those players probably in that order too and if the org decides on a player not a C as a second pick then that's my list.
i actually elevated Askarov higher as the more i think about it, the more i think this could set up our team for the long run to have someone in goals that is of an Elite level. how do you not take a Carey price in the top 10? I would not be disappointed if the sens acquired or moved up in the draft to get him. That said, I'd rather we draft forwards with big potential, which is also why I ranked Hugues above Sanderson.

Solid mindset.

It would really suck if we didn’t get in the 1 or 2 spot.

I’m a big Askarov fan as well.

I definitely don’t want Drysdale with this draft as it will mean we fell in the draft and missed out on one of the elite forwards around his ranking. Also, we must remember we are probably getting a D better then him next year in the draft.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm mentally preparing myself for missing out on 1 and 2.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I'm mentally preparing myself for missing out on 1 and 2.  

I can’t get there. I’ve tried. 1 or 2 is a must.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm mentally preparing myself for missing out on 1 and 2.  

Been a sense fan for a long time. I don’t think I’ve ever believed we’d get the 1st or 2nd let alone the 3rd.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

4th and 5th is what I'm expecting. And we will end up with two of Stutzle, Raymond and Rossi

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’d be happy with Rossi and Raymond, but I’d still be initially furious when the balls fall on the 26th all the way until I hear Rossi and Raymond called to the stage by Tkachuk.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I’d be happy with Rossi and Raymond, but I’d still be initially furious when the balls fall on the 26th all the way until I hear Rossi and Raymond called to the stage by Tkachuk.

Agreed. Hard to think we will end up with 5 and 6. It's means Ottawa and Detroit both fall out of the top 3. Realistically I think 3-4 is where we are going to land

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’d be happy with Rossi and Raymond, but I’d still be initially furious when the balls fall on the 26th all the way until I hear Rossi and Raymond called to the stage by Tkachuk.

Agreed. Hard to think we will end up with 5 and 6. It's means Ottawa and Detroit both fall out of the top 3. Realistically I think 3-4 is where we are going to land

I’m prepared for anything really. It also wouldn’t shock me if we landed 1st overall and Melnyk got on stage and proudly selected Alex Laferriere from Des Moines of the USHL.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

I’m prepared for anything really. It also wouldn’t shock me if we landed 1st overall and Melnyk got on stage and proudly selected Alex Laferriere from Des Moines of the USHL.

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

Laughing3

Would any of us be surprised?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any way we look at it were are gonna get two tremendously good players. Now will they be franchise altering players remains to be seen.
I really want that second overall.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Unless they go off the board I'll be happy regardless. I'll be happier if say we got #1 and 4 or 2 and 3. I just hope we don't take Drysdale personally. Our organizational strengths from a depth perspective are our goaltending and defence. Chabot, Brann, JBD, Thomson, Wolanin - we don't need another d

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Unless they go off the board I'll be happy regardless. I'll be happier if say we got #1 and 4 or 2 and 3. I just hope we don't take Drysdale personally. Our organizational strengths from a depth perspective are our goaltending and defence. Chabot, Brann, JBD, Thomson, Wolanin - we don't need another d

If we take Drysdale, I think we’ve made a mistake. Will be hard to verify this statement until I see our position and how the board went prior to us selecting him. The time for D is next year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Unless they go off the board I'll be happy regardless. I'll be happier if say we got #1 and 4 or 2 and 3. I just hope we don't take Drysdale personally. Our organizational strengths from a depth perspective are our goaltending and defence. Chabot, Brann, JBD, Thomson, Wolanin - we don't need another d

If we take Drysdale, I think we’ve made a mistake. Will be hard to verify this statement until I see our position and how the board went prior to us selecting him. The time for D is next year.

Or with the Isles pick. Might be an unpopular statement but too many PMDs might be detrimental to team defence.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Boro-Brannstrom
Extra: Reilly

JBD likely needs a year in the A after college, and Thomson if he comes over will get call-ups but won't make the squad until after next season. At that point Zub will probably be gone and they can make a decision on what to do with Zaitsev when JBD is ready. Don't see where Drysdale fits in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum