GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No one has any doubt about stutzle?
He plays in an inferior league and was the go to guy for Germany. And yes, I get it. He did well on a crap team but I try not to base too much on the WJC. Some go to guys on crappy teams don’t amount to much.
I absolutely think he’ll got top 15 but I’m not sure I’d waste a top 5-8 pick on him with so many other standouts out there. I also think Perfetti should be in the second group.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:No one has any doubt about stutzle?
He plays in an inferior league and was the go to guy for Germany. And yes, I get it. He did well on a crap team but I try not to base too much on the WJC. Some go to guys on crappy teams don’t amount to much.
I absolutely think he’ll got top 15 but I’m not sure I’d waste a top 5-8 pick on him with so many other standouts out there. I also think Perfetti should be in the second group.

He's an amazing talent. I'd be stunned if he didn't go top 4 right now. Still time for things to change in the coming months.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

McKenzie’s mid season draft rankings are out and Jake Sanderson moves way up. He’s doing that on everyone’s board. #9 though? I don’t see him ahead of Lundell or Askarov, but due to Askarov’s position, it could happen.

Sanderson and Pefertti and very close to making a must draft at or before 9th stance a must draft at or before 11 motto.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty much impossible for the Sens not to have two top 9 picks so that's good

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya that Hertl news is probably the end of San Jose. They were up 2-1 going into the 3rd and let up 4 goals. Confidence can't be good there right now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya that Hertl news is probably the end of San Jose. They were up 2-1 going into the 3rd and let up 4 goals. Confidence can't be good there right now

Man, poor San Jose. Right off the cliff and with no hope for the foreseeable future.

Super jazzed to have their first rounder though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya that Hertl news is probably the end of San Jose. They were up 2-1 going into the 3rd and let up 4 goals. Confidence can't be good there right now

Man, poor San Jose.  Right off the cliff and with no hope for the foreseeable future.

Super jazzed to have their first rounder though.

And their 2nd next year Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Ottawa is playing San Jose and are tied with a minute to go, should the Sens pull their goalie? Avoid the loser point one way or another.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Did everyone see Byfield’s game tying goal and then winner in OT last night. Unstoppable. I can’t believe he’s that young, that big and has those skills. His OT winner would’ve broke Ceci’s ankles.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s sad that many people are questioning his ranking of second overall now. To me it’s not even a debate

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping we get 2nd and take him. Hate saying this but Laf sort of reminds me of all the hype around Daigle. Is rather take a beast center

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have no worries about Lafreniere. He’s a complete player and the best prospect since McDavid or possibly Matthews IMO. These days you’re not going to miss on a guy like that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There's just a lot of hype. we know 1 or 2 of these top ten picks will be a steal given how good the draft is. Rossi could be that steal. He's outscoring Laf in a better league

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:It’s sad that many people are questioning his ranking of second overall now. To me it’s not even a debate

Those people definitely aren’t the people I value in my circle.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I have no worries about Lafreniere. He’s a complete player and the best prospect since McDavid or possibly Matthews IMO. These days you’re not going to miss on a guy like that.
Although I disagree with the last statement as I’m not entirely sure the context, I also have no worries about Lafreniere. Take away his skill, his compete level makes him a serviceable NHL player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I meant these guys who have been scouted since early teens and touted as the next ones, ranked 1st for years etc; seems like it is extremely hard to miss on those types these days with all the information and video available. Seems like all the guys like Crosby, lecavalier, Matthews, Hall, Stamkos, Tavares never bust. Maybe Ekblad who is not a bust but more was expected

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Can’t include Ekblad as that was so long ago in terms of recent advancements in scouting.

Yakupov is a big miss by everyone, myself included.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hischier and Patrick over makar and petersson on 2017 are pretty recent examples

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum