GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not my rankings but the top eight seem to be: Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz , Lundell/Perfetti. We're walking away with two of those guys. Going to a good draft regardless

That my 8 just in different order. Lundell/Askarov are 9/10.

Getting 2 of Laf, ByF, Raymond, Rossi, Stutzle, Holtz and Drysdale is indeed an incredible haul. We do need one of Laf and ByF in order to completely have a franchise altering piece.

It’s all fun and games until the 26th:
1st and 2nd: 3.5%
1st and 3rd: 3.4%
1st and 4th: 8.0%
1st and 5th: 10.0%
2nd and 3rd: 3.3%
2nd and 4th: 8.1%
2nd and 5th: 9.3%
3rd and 4th: 8.0%
3rd and 5th: 8.6%
4th and 5th: 22.4%
5th and 6th: 15.2%

Combined chances of getting a:
1st: 25%
2nd: 24.2%
3rd: 23.3%
4th: 46.5%
5th: 65.5%
6th: 15.2%

Let’s go!

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

We no longer hold Markus Nurmi’s signing rights. Casualty of our contract limit in my mind. He will be in the NHL in my opinion in a couple years. He brings a strong work ethic, PK responsibility, size, reach, defensive effort and would be a perfect 4th liner instead of half of the bad ones out there. Too bad he couldn’t add some weight on his frame. Good drafting, just no room and maybe he doesn’t even want to be in NA.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not a huge loss. Our bottom six next year could have any combination of Ryan, Norris, Formenton, Paul, Hawryluk, C. Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Kelly.

Not worried about losing Nurmi

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not a huge loss. Our bottom six next year could have any combination of Ryan, Norris, Formenton, Paul, Hawryluk, C. Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Kelly.

I'll throw Anisimov in there too

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not a huge loss. Our bottom six next year could have any combination of Ryan, Norris, Formenton, Paul, Hawryluk, C. Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Kelly.

I didn’t mean to portray worry or a loss to us. I wanted to show solid drafting by us to get someone that late that will eventually play in my opinion.

We are loaded.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well it's hard to see a lineup next year without Josh Norris in it. And I imagine Tierney will be re-signed to a 1 or 2 year deal. With the cap going down, I can't see the Sens trading Anisimov either. So does Colin White start on the wing? Do Logan Brown or Chlapik get traded?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Well it's hard to see a lineup next year without Josh Norris in it. And I imagine Tierney will be re-signed to a 1 or 2 year deal. With the cap going down, I can't see the Sens trading Anisimov either. So does Colin White start on the wing? Do Logan Brown or Chlapik get traded?

As it stands today I’m not sure I see enough value in L Brown. He’s gonna have to prove he can play in the NHL for us to be able recoup enough value in a trade

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Well it's hard to see a lineup next year without Josh Norris in it. And I imagine Tierney will be re-signed to a 1 or 2 year deal. With the cap going down, I can't see the Sens trading Anisimov either. So does Colin White start on the wing? Do Logan Brown or Chlapik get traded?

As it stands today I’m not sure I see enough value in L Brown. He’s gonna have to prove he can play in the NHL for us to be able recoup enough value in a trade

Right. I see him as a 2C this year, only because he probably can't play 3 or 4C minutes to be productive in his role.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I echo everyone's sentiment here, Logan Brown has very low-trade value right now. If we can somehow snag Byfield and Stutzle and give them another year to develop, that opens the door for logan brown to play the whole season up with Ottawa and hopefully build up his trade value. Someone has to get traded from the center position then

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I didn’t watch enough Sens games this year to know. Sad times. I mostly comment on every other team, but you will rarely see a comment about a Sens player lately.

Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

On Sens Nation podcast (Steve Warne's other podcast) coach Kennedy suggested Brown could be moved to the wing.

As shallow as we are down there middle Brown isn't likely to be in the top 9 at center. Not unless he suddenly develops another gear.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If we pick up Byfield in the draft Brown becomes immediately dispensable. But I still maintain Byfield isn't ready for top six NHL minutes and Brown's trade value is near the bottom. I suspect they'll give him plenty of offensive starts and PP time to move that up a couple notches. Trading a 6'5" center with pedigree who has decent offensive stats should be fairly easy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:On Sens Nation podcast (Steve Warne's other podcast) coach Kennedy suggested Brown could be moved to the wing.

As shallow as we are down there middle Brown isn't likely to be in the top 9 at center. Not unless he suddenly develops another gear.

who is coach Kennedy? Logan Brown would be crap on wing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gregg Kennedy is the co-host, long time AAA coach and he used to do the hockey grassroots shoe on 1200.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't see him on the wing either. Board contact won't be good. He's a 2C or bust imo. hope he's working hard on his skating the next few months

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think they’ll give him every opportunity to make the team and to move into that 2-3C position. White is someone that could be moved to the wing. The org are still high on him. But it’s senseless to trade him now unless there’s an overpayment.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I think they’ll give him every opportunity to make the team and to move into that 2-3C position. White is someone that could be moved to the wing. The org are still high on him. But it’s senseless to trade him now unless there’s an overpayment.

Norris is someone else who can move to the wing. Don't forget with have Pinto in the pipeline and he's probably 2 max 3 years away from being an NHL. He's more suited to be a center given his style of play. And then there's Chlapik who will probably force his way into a one-way contract this year and may be a 4C guy. Beaudin didn't look too out of place in his 22 games with Ottawa either.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All this to say Logan Brown better be working his arse off right now or he is going to be moved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum