GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:i don't know that we need a goaltender. in between Nilsson and Hogberg, we're fine.

I just think it is our weakest and thinnest position and we will need to add salary. We have to pay somebody. That’s all. Way too early to say anything with certainty when it comes to 2020-21 lineup.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i don't know that we need a goaltender. in between Nilsson and Hogberg, we're fine.

I just think it is our weakest and thinnest position and we will need to add salary. We have to pay somebody. That’s all. Way too early to say anything with certainty when it comes to 2020-21 lineup.

I think development is key next year and I’d rather have hogberg split the starts.
I think we could address the RH D position.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

We’ll see what we can do with the trade route.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think our goaltending position is actually in great shape. Might be a little tough next year as the team will still be pretty bad, but between all our prospects, we'll end up with a starter or two.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I think our goaltending position is actually in great shape.  Might be a little tough next year as the team will still be pretty bad, but between all our prospects, we'll end up with a starter or two.

I think there is zero doubt the Sens add a goalie and probably it being Talbot as he is the worst of the best available. He’d be ok with a one-year deal in order to bolt after he has a decent season with us. Either that or we trade for one of Georgiev or Demko.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zero doubt? Shades of Neely, there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think our goaltending position is actually in great shape.  Might be a little tough next year as the team will still be pretty bad, but between all our prospects, we'll end up with a starter or two.

I think there is zero doubt the Sens add a goalie and probably it being Talbot as he is the worst of the best available. He’d be ok with a one-year deal in order to bolt after he has a decent season with us. Either that or we trade for one of Georgiev or Demko.

I don't see why the sens would trade good assets when we have good prospects in the pipeline, two guys that have shown they can play in the NHL plus the opportunity to (re)sign someone from FA.

I also don't see Van trading Demko as they don't even know what their future is with Markstrom and will probably look to lock up both.

Georgiev is an interesting name out there. I'm still not convinced the rags don't try to trade Lunkvist and go with both their young goalie. of course that all depends on him waiving his rights.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I don't see why the sens would trade good assets when we have good prospects in the pipeline, two guys that have shown they can play in the NHL plus the opportunity to (re)sign someone from FA.

I also don't see Van trading Demko as they don't even know what their future is with Markstrom and will probably look to lock up both.

Georgiev is an interesting name out there. I'm still not convinced the rags don't try to trade Lunkvist and go with both their young goalie. of course that all depends on him waiving his rights.

Regarding Vancouver, I think the Canucks will re-sign Markstrom and when they do, they will look to trade Demko. That’s why I mentioned Demko as a target for us. The Canucks fancy DiPietro more than Demko which makes him the tradeable asset.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Regarding Vancouver, I think the Canucks will re-sign Markstrom and when they do, they will look to trade Demko. That’s why I mentioned Demko as a target for us. The Canucks fancy DiPietro more than Demko which makes him the tradeable asset.

Could happen.

let's see if Markstrom resigns.
this cap hurdles with all that's happening might screw with contracts and teams in ways we haven't foreseen yet.

i did hear Dorion mention they might be looking for a vet to sign for a year.
i disagree with him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t. I think you will see a bunch more Ennis’, Hainsey’s and even a Namestnikov.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have about $42.5M in contacts for next season. Notable RFAs are (proposed cap hit in parentheses):

Duclair ($2.5M)
Brown ($2.5M)
Tierney ($3M or trade?)
Boro ($2.1M)
Balcers ($1.5M)
Paul ($1.5M)
Chlapik ($1.1M)

$15M should be more than enough; less if any of them are moved.

Notable promotions from minors (all under $1M):

Norris
Brown
Batherson
Top-3 pick
Top-5 pick
Formenton
Wolanin
Brannstrom

That will still leave them well short of the floor.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know why this didn't dawn on me before but this is likely to be the most impactful draft in Senators' history in terms of talent coming to Ottawa. especially if we can keep our drafting spots or dare I say move up?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It’s why I have been studying this draft every day. It’s deep and we have a ton of picks. This is our game changer if we get it right. We immediately jump to #1 best prospect pool and overtake LA as long as they don’t pick before our two early ones. We could have a massive draft if they stay on the board with the Isles pick too. The Rangers are scary good too with their recent picks and recent graduating prospects.

We have some young talent and cap space for Melnyk and Dorion to do nothing with.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone know if there are some decent Draft guides out yet? Something more than the Usual lists?
I usually get my hands on something by the draft but I wouldn’t mind getting something early. I’m getting quite excited.

This is definitely on of the moments that could define this franchise going forward.

I can’t wait to find out when we pick.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Nothing decent is out yet. When the EliteProspects guide is finished, I will send it to you for free.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Check your PM’s, I sent you an extremely comprehensive draft list followed by various NHL execs opinion of it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://thehockeywriters.com/2020-nhl-draft-guide/

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Check your PM’s, I sent you an extremely comprehensive draft list followed by various NHL execs opinion of it.

Cool!
Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum