GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So Dorion doesn’t plan on talking contracts with players during the pause and offered that he could possibly move on from all the UFA’s (incl Boro?)

I think they are stalling for time to see where the cap goes. I bet they are hoping it goes down so that they can scoop up any players via trade with players on LITR To get to the cap for further assets.
Valuable valuable cap space.
At least I’m hoping that’s what they’re doing.

This past year, it wasn’t like the Sens took advantage of other teams cap issues with their deluge of cap space in order to help their future self, unfortunately, I think if the cap does get lowered as speculated, over budget teams will be allowed compliance buyouts or digestible tax penalties for going over. *run-on sentence complete

Basically, the Sens won’t be able to get assets from teams to solve cap issues. Teams will have other avenues given to them by the league. Just my guess
Well Callahan and gaborik were dumps from other teams.
They are off the books after this season.

The cap isn’t going up.

There will be opportunities. Also teams won’t have money to resign their UFAs if the sens don’t take on a big contract they could try to beat out teams to get to the cap by signing one good vet to a good team. Hamonic or vatanen would be pretty good and sweet but we’d have to overpay.

And before anyone complains. We get a top 2 pick this will entice some players to maybe join the sens. His team is trending up and everyone knows what our pipeline has.

Of course Melnyk....

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So Dorion doesn’t plan on talking contracts with players during the pause and offered that he could possibly move on from all the UFA’s (incl Boro?)

I think they are stalling for time to see where the cap goes. I bet they are hoping it goes down so that they can scoop up any players via trade with players on LITR To get to the cap for further assets.

This past year, it wasn’t like the Sens took advantage of other teams cap issues with their deluge of cap space in order to help their future self, unfortunately, I think if the cap does get lowered as speculated, over budget teams will be allowed compliance buyouts or digestible tax penalties for going over. *run-on sentence complete

Basically, the Sens won’t be able to get assets from teams to solve cap issues. Teams will have other avenues given to them by the league. Just my guess

The cap isn’t going up.

There will be opportunities. Also teams won’t have money to resign their UFAs if the sens don’t take on a big contract they could try to beat out teams to get to the cap by signing one good vet to a good team. Hamonic or vatanen would be pretty good and sweet but we’d have to overpay.

And before anyone complains. We get a top 2 pick this will entice some players to maybe join the sens. His team is trending up and everyone knows what our pipeline has.

Of course Melnyk....

Show me a list of the top 30 UFA’s and I’d be willing to bet that the Sens can’t attract any of them even if they overpay them. If Boro managed to make the Top 30, I would ask for his name to be omitted as I think he will re-sign.

Halak or Greiss make some sense too, to me at least.

Or you are going to overpay a Dman, I’d rather overpay Krug than Vatanen or Hamonic as they are so injury-prone that neither player has even played 70 games a season. Don’t check because I didn’t.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think right now there's a clear top 3. We say this all the time then somebody picks differently (like if they want a D, for example) so who knows.

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Quinton Byfield
3. Tim Stutzle

After that it gets muddied for me. I'm not sure which way the Sens would lean. I think Raymond and Perfetti are the best forward options after the top 3, and Drysdale is the clear #1D, but is his upside good enough to warrant picking him over an offensive star?

We really only need to narrow down a top 6-7 as I can't see the draft standings changing much.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I think Raymond still goes at #3.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Depends on who is picking third. Sounds like Detroit would take Stutzle. Also Raymond is a winger. If the Sens where'd up getting 1st and 3rd and Byfield went second then would they take Stutzle because he is a center (and has size advantage)?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Depends on who is picking third. Sounds like Detroit would take Stutzle. Also Raymond is a winger. If the Sens where'd up getting 1st and 3rd and Byfield went second then would they take Stutzle because he is a center (and has size advantage)?

Nah, they’d probably take Raymond because he is BPA.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The cap isn’t going up.

Of course Melnyk....

Show me a list of the top 30 UFA’s and I’d be willing to bet that the Sens can’t attract any of them even if they overpay them. If Boro managed to make the Top 30, I would ask for his name to be omitted as I think he will re-sign.

Or you are going to overpay a Dman, I’d rather overpay Krug than Vatanen or Hamonic as they are so injury-prone that neither player has even played 70 games a season. Don’t check because I didn’t.

that's what i said.

i think Krug stays in Boston

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The cap isn’t going up.

Of course Melnyk....

that's what i said.

No need to overpay a UFA. The Sens have so many assets and really just need a RHD IMO. There are enough teams against the cap that will look for cap reprieve, and if they decide that Brann can play on his off-wing our D is set next year anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Depends on who is picking third. Sounds like Detroit would take Stutzle. Also Raymond is a winger. If the Sens where'd up getting 1st and 3rd and Byfield went second then would they take Stutzle because he is a center (and has size advantage)?

The difference between the two is paper thin. Size and natural center can definitely be enough to sway opinion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The difference between the two is paper thin. Size and natural center can definitely be enough to sway opinion.

Stutzle is a winger and will most likely remain that way in the NHL. Anyway, I had them in the same two person tier not long ago but the more I watch, read and research the more it is clear that Raymond should go before Stutzle. I think Detroit is the only team that will draft Stutzle as high as some have him ranked right now. Stutzle is a guy that rose up the ranks quickly, but I think you will see a market correction and he will fall back down to 5-9 where he belongs.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The cap isn’t going up.

Of course Melnyk....

that's what i said.

No need to overpay a UFA. The Sens have so many assets and really just need a RHD IMO. There are enough teams against the cap that will look for cap reprieve, and if they decide that Brann can play on his off-wing our D is set next year anyway.

I don’t think the Sens can entice proven NHLers to sign with them even by overpaying is what I was trying to say.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More crappy grammar)

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I hate editing my posts but hate poorly worded ones more.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The cap isn’t going up.

Of course Melnyk....

that's what i said.

I don’t think the Sens can entice proven NHLers to sign with them even by overpaying is what I was trying to say.

I agree 100

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

The cap isn’t going up.

Of course Melnyk....

that's what i said.

I agree 100

Those that are in the organization now, from those, the ones that choose to stay, the teams success is in their hands. We won’t be getting help from the FA market. It is our reality, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I stand by my past comments that the only players we will sign, can sign and the only players that will entertain playing for Melnyk are the ones that will sign a one-year deal looking for ice-time to salvage and/or jumpstart their career.

Talbot wouldn’t surprise me actually. He thinks he is a #1 and I actually believe him. Halak or Greiss are too proven and will cost too much and will get term elsewhere.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't know that we need a goaltender. in between Nilsson and Hogberg, we're fine.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:i don't know that we need a goaltender. in between Nilsson and Hogberg, we're fine.

I just think it is our weakest and thinnest position and we will need to add salary. We have to pay somebody. That’s all. Way too early to say anything with certainty when it comes to 2020-21 lineup.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i don't know that we need a goaltender. in between Nilsson and Hogberg, we're fine.

I just think it is our weakest and thinnest position and we will need to add salary. We have to pay somebody. That’s all. Way too early to say anything with certainty when it comes to 2020-21 lineup.

I think development is key next year and I’d rather have hogberg split the starts.
I think we could address the RH D position.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

We’ll see what we can do with the trade route.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum