GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

5 and a game for Foote maybe?

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Yes

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I don't understand why they can't take a quick look at the replay. Yes, it looked bad watching it from across the room with the long camera angle at full speed. Then they showed what *actually* happened and you can hardly justify even a minor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ok, this game is over. What's you next? USA vs Finland, I think.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nice goal by JBD, by the way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game's not over but the Czechs aren't scoring 5 in 6 minutes. So looks like Canada will play Finland while Russia guess against the Swedes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, it was crazy watching how hard Finland played against the US. Literally gave them no time and space. The Americans must've been incredibly frustrated.

I was cheering for Finland because obviously I think Canada has a better shot against them then the US, but wow...they looked really good. And their goalie was great. Here's hoping we find away to score a couple early goals so they don't grind us down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs' sign Kovalchuk. Team speed used to be their calling card. Not so much now.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Man, it was crazy watching how hard Finland played against the US.  Literally gave them no time and space.  The Americans must've been incredibly frustrated.  

I was cheering for Finland because obviously I think Canada has a better shot against them then the US, but wow...they looked really good.  And their goalie was great.  Here's hoping we find away to score a couple early goals so they don't grind us down.

The Finns always have their great system to stifle better teams on paper.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Habs' sign Kovalchuk. Team speed used to be their calling card. Not so much now.

What is MTL doing ? Theyre so far behind a playoff spot right now . They're 6 points behind Tampa who has 2 games in hand and 7 behind Philly with 5 teams between them.

A low-risk move but I just can't see this working out. It's evident with the scandella trade that they're going to try to make a run

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Run? Maybe a slow jog. Kovy can't keep up with Arun.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Russia vs Sweden. 1st period, 17 seconds in the Swedes score on a long shot off the faceoff. Then their top scorer gets 5 and a game and Russia takes the lead 2-1. Then Sweden's goalie flubs a clearing attempt and it's 3-1. Half way through the first. Sweden then gets one back on a powerplay and we've got 5 goals through 1 period.

I think Finland will be a tougher match up than either of these teams, the way they are playing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dung finish for the Swedes, with a terrible line change in OT leading to Russia's game winner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I had my Team Russia Jersey on in the car on the way to Montreal when they scored:)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Incredibly fast start for Canada, coupled with some terrible officiating that further Cussed over the Fins, and this game looks over already.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know 17 year olds usually don't do anything in this tournament, but I'd love to see Byfield get a ton of ice time in the 2nd and 3rd periods to give him some confidence heading into the Russia gold medal game. He's a big dude that could be a difference maker.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Surely it's over now. Russia - Canada for all the marbles, the way God intended it to be.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Russia vs Canada... who will want it more this game. Russia has to feel good about it's chances. that might not play to their advantages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum