GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know 17 year olds usually don't do anything in this tournament, but I'd love to see Byfield get a ton of ice time in the 2nd and 3rd periods to give him some confidence heading into the Russia gold medal game. He's a big dude that could be a difference maker.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Surely it's over now. Russia - Canada for all the marbles, the way God intended it to be.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Russia vs Canada... who will want it more this game. Russia has to feel good about it's chances. that might not play to their advantages.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Russia did not pay well but had enough offense to overcome poor goaltending.

Canada entered the Tournament not knowing who will be #1 and goes into the Gold Medal game on a shutout. Guess that's one question answered.

Too bad about Hayton. Maybe it's not as bad as it looked.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why do they play the hold medal game immediately after the semis? Hayton is a Longshot to play today, and I wonder if one more day off might have helped.

Sucks to lose your Captain in the third period of a 5-0 game. Thanks, Lassi.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hayton apparently a game-time decision.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haytons playing. Also, Hofer has been great for Canada.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The diving on both sides is frustrating and only makes the refs' job harder.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was epic!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When Hoyton scored I had a strong feeling they had it in the bag. To have your Captain playing with a separated shoulder and then tie the game up - shivers.

That goal by Thomas was fantastic. The Russians melted down. Clearly the pressure got to them.

Apparently the stretch pass to Thomas cage from JBD. They have the assist to another defenseman but that guy was apparently standing on the bench at the time. Not sure if it was ever corrected.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be fair to the Ruskies, the puck off the camera should've been a delay of game penalty, giving them a 5 on 3 which would've changed into a 6 on 3 as they would've pulled their goalie. They most likely would've at least tied the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure on that. One faceoff win and fire the puck down the ice and it could be a 2-goal lead. 6 on 3 is not something you spend much time on in practice. At a certain point there's just not enough puck for those extra sticks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, Marco Rossi has more goals and points than Lafreniere, with fewer games played. And Lafreniere plays in the Q where points are, historically, more plentiful.

Interesting.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So, Marco Rossi has more goals and points than Lafreniere, with fewer games played. And Lafreniere plays in the Q where points are, historically, more plentiful.

Interesting.

Yes, but he's small and on a stacked team. Size may not translate well but he's trending to be a top-five pick.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Wouldn't this be nice:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would be afraid of Rossi if we don't already pick Byfield or Stutzle or Laf. I want to draft a #1 C and personally I don't think you can have your #1 C be a small one.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Rossi is an 8-10 pick

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:So, Marco Rossi has more goals and points than Lafreniere, with fewer games played. And Lafreniere plays in the Q where points are, historically, more plentiful.

Interesting.

Yes, but he's small and on a stacked team. Size may not translate well but he's trending to be a top-five pick.

He's one of the ones doing the stacking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum